Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

4 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

I am going to post something different - potentially laughable, but it's just an idea for Wednesday or clubs.

We all talk about it, when Hillsborough is half full we struggle to make an atmosphere and when it's full, or close to, it's a great place to be. Now I don't think our ticket prices are sky high, but they are still above what I think is fair - cosnidering the league we are in. I personally haven't had a ST for a long time and get to Hillsborough when I can.

The ticket prices have just been released and the cheapest ticket for Portsmouth is TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS in league one. My personal opinion is that this should be maxed at £25 for any game in L1. Anyway.....

So here's a few ideas to us avoid constantly having 20k empty seats

1) Stop having numerous deadlines for ST

2) Cup tickets if you can't attend a league game (so it doesn't feel like you've lost out)

3) ST discounts for cup

4 ) Quid a kid 1/2 times a season (kop only)

5) More offers for midweek v Burton etc (£20 a stand etc)

6) £25 max!!!

7) Open West lower for every game??

8 - ticket bundles that are actually really good value

9) A cheap cup season ticket? (£50?)

These maybe all laughable to people, but we know what an empty Hillsborough is like..........................

Two ways to fill a stadium 1st is success, 2nd is dirt cheap tickets which doesn't benefit the club

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

I am going to post something different - potentially laughable, but it's just an idea for Wednesday or clubs.

We all talk about it, when Hillsborough is half full we struggle to make an atmosphere and when it's full, or close to, it's a great place to be. Now I don't think our ticket prices are sky high, but they are still above what I think is fair - cosnidering the league we are in. I personally haven't had a ST for a long time and get to Hillsborough when I can.

The ticket prices have just been released and the cheapest ticket for Portsmouth is TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS in league one. My personal opinion is that this should be maxed at £25 for any game in L1. Anyway.....

2) Cup tickets if you can't attend a league game (so it doesn't feel like you've lost out)

3) ST discounts for cup

6) £25 max!!!

These maybe all laughable to people, but we know what an empty Hillsborough is like..........................

lol so many answers there. ! But I really ya  barking up the wrong tree ! #uto 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Two ways to fill a stadium 1st is success, 2nd is dirt cheap tickets which doesn't benefit the club

you could argue that a better atmosphere would benefit our league position............

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Bills are high food is expensive petrol is shocking ,we give our hard earned money to football because we love it we are passionate about it but would it really hurt our club to give back and lower the prices ?? No it wouldn't ,we are allowed 38 k in and we get what 25 at best ,go round schools give kids free tickets get it filled up it's not rocket science..

Just doesn't work.  People will take the tickets but very few will pay for one, they will wait for the next freebie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swfcsi said:

Bills are high food is expensive petrol is shocking ,we give our hard earned money to football because we love it we are passionate about it but would it really hurt our club to give back and lower the prices ?? No it wouldn't ,we are allowed 38 k in and we get what 25 at best ,go round schools give kids free tickets get it filled up it's not rocket science..

You should know by now we dont plan past the current season, getting kids in for free, get them hooked on the team, thats income for the club for the next 60 years.

Instead these fans will end up at other local clubs, not as short sighted as ours.

• Like 3

Bet it doesnt work in reality. The place needs cutting edge/highl level/ high stakes football to sell out and have a good atmosphere. Even in periods of success, as last season proved, you can't get numbers and atmosphere against your Cheltenham Rovers and Burton Uniteds. 

2 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

3) ST discounts for cup

6) £25 max!!!

Ok few things to probably add or question there 

1) I think you need deadlines for season tickets maybe not as much as we currently do 

2) cup games and cup runs are generally seen as additional bonus revenue to the club so this could damage revenue. Season tickets for cups would be hard to price what happens if you get knocked out first round or play away all the cup run? 

3) I don’t think it would hurt too much to offer a bit of discount to season ticket holders for cup games but don’t you get this as a member anyway? 

4) what age kids? I think £5.00 is reasonable if I’m honest plus I’m sure the club do run a few kids for a kids in the season 

6) hard to argue it is league 1 still if you can sell out the ground on some games why not boost that to £35plus 

if it sells it sells 

7) your just adding more space and taking away people from other areas. It’s more staffing and won’t do anything for attendances. Use this only for high attendence games 

8 they can’t be discounted below season ticket prices 

what I would say is I’m not sure they do this or not 

a Saturday season ticket 

and a mid week season ticket 

more needs to be done to encourage the next generation and  getting them hooked 

Schools should be taking kids free every week, pick

a school give them an allocation 

more and better family fun day matches 

use Hillsborough park, the grounds, injured and not selected players, mascots etc… nothing wrong with 4 of these a year go big 

celebrate Sheffield more 

I loved the live band at Sunderland semi final home fixture in the cheese this should be done a lot more often 

have pop up stands or dedicated kiosks to Sheffield retailers we have great street food, food vendors and brewers in Sheffield collaborate more with them

To get people to come to Hillsborough more especially in the financial climate everyone faces you’ve got to make it more than just a football match you’ve got to reach out and connect with the fan and the community 

and our kids they are the next generation we need them hooked and excited to come to Hillsborough 

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You should know by now we dont plan past the current season, getting kids in for free, get them hooked on the team, thats income for the club for the next 60 years.

Instead these fans will end up at other local clubs, not as short sighted as ours.

As they have for generations, they’ll follow the family team.

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bet it doesnt work in reality. The place needs cutting edge/highl level/ high stakes football to sell out and have a good atmosphere. Even in periods of success, as last season proved, you can't get numbers and atmosphere against your Cheltenham Rovers and Burton Uniteds. 

Midweek games v cheltenham/burton/Forest Green @ £15 - I would go and I think may others would feel the same

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

1) I think you need deadlines for season tickets maybe not as much as we currently do 

2) cup games and cup runs are generally seen as additional bonus revenue to the club so this could damage revenue. Season tickets for cups would be hard to price what happens if you get knocked out first round or play away all the cup run? 

3) I don’t think it would hurt too much to offer a bit of discount to season ticket holders for cup games but don’t you get this as a member anyway? 

4) what age kids? I think £5.00 is reasonable if I’m honest plus I’m sure the club do run a few kids for a kids in the season 

6) hard to argue it is league 1 still if you can sell out the ground on some games why not boost that to £35plus 

if it sells it sells 

7) your just adding more space and taking away people from other areas. It’s more staffing and won’t do anything for attendances. Use this only for high attendence games 

a Saturday season ticket 

use Hillsborough park, the grounds, injured and not selected players, mascots etc… nothing wrong with 4 of these a year go big 

celebrate Sheffield more 

I loved the live band at Sunderland semi final home fixture in the cheese this should be done a lot more often 

have pop up stands or dedicated kiosks to Sheffield retailers we have great street food, food vendors and brewers in Sheffield collaborate more with them

To get people to come to Hillsborough more especially in the financial climate everyone faces you’ve got to make it more than just a football match you’ve got to reach out and connect with the fan and the community 

and our kids they are the next generation we need them hooked and excited to come to Hillsborough 

I knew there was problems with each suggestion I posted - but we still need change somewhere.

Deadlines, yep too many, but the club are aware of the situation and people just can't can't find the money within weeks.

A cup S/T could be 5 games minimum - price at £50/£60 and they know they have a deal of sorts. boosted atmosphere means we might reach middle rounds and get a big tie or maybe not. But a lot of those who maybe be interested in £50/£60 ST would have no interest in one game in the cups, eg crap draws, pap john etc.

and sure opening west lower is a potential issue for staffing issues, but a lot enjoy it. just a suggestion, like I say all have issues.

But I definitely 1000000% think that the max price should be £25. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, TrendOwl said:

Midweek games v cheltenham/burton/Forest Green @ £15 - I would go and I think may others would feel the same

You can’t under cut season ticket holders though. 
If it’s £30 people want £25

if it’s £25 people want £20

ETC, ETC.

The pricing is very fair in my opinion. Taking into account how the cost of living has increased massively.

In this league it’s all about turnover. Reduce turnover means we cannot compete with others on wages.

We will have the same ave attendance as last year, 22-23000. 
Then if we do well we might pick up 2-3000 in the last 5 home games.

Reducing prices by a fiver here and there won’t make no difference in my opinion. Your either going to go or you aren’t.

18 minutes ago, fpowl said:

if it sells it sells 

a Saturday season ticket 

celebrate Sheffield more 

We had Saturday only STs a few years back.

We had a few games rearranged from Sat to midweek due to cup runs and postponements. TV schedules would make it worse.

Saturday ST holders moaned that they had to pay to go to the midweek games. [If you can make a rearranged midweek game, why not get a proper ST for every game?] 

It was too much hassle for the club so the concept was dropped for the following season.

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You can’t under cut season ticket holders though. 
If it’s £30 people want £25

if it’s £25 people want £20

ETC, ETC.

The pricing is very fair in my opinion. Taking into account how the cost of living has increased massively.

In this league it’s all about turnover. Reduce turnover means we cannot compete with others on wages.

We will have the same ave attendance as last year, 22-23000. 
Then if we do well we might pick up 2-3000 in the last 5 home games.

Reducing prices by a fiver here and there won’t make no difference in my opinion. Your either going to go or you aren’t.

Would ST holders get upset that it was £15 for midweek games 2/3/4 times a season?? 

you mention the cost of living, but for those who struggle and want to watch the football, are you going to pay £28 min for portsmouth? I am not struggling and I am no to £28. Do you think £28 is fair? 

As for £5, maybe yes or no. We had a game v Crewe towards the end and I said no over the sake of around a fiver. 

And sure - everyone wants cheaper - but this is realism. £25 is more than enough for L1 football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, TrendOwl said:

Would ST holders get upset that it was £15 for midweek games 2/3/4 times a season?? 

you mention the cost of living, but for those who struggle and want to watch the football, are you going to pay £28 min for portsmouth? I am not struggling and I am no to £28. Do you think £28 is fair? 

As for £5, maybe yes or no. We had a game v Crewe towards the end and I said no over the sake of around a fiver. 

And sure - everyone wants cheaper - but this is realism. £25 is more than enough for L1 football. 

I am a season ticket holder and yes I would be a little p..sed.

That’s why we have season tickets. The club have to cater for the masses that guarantee the club income. If you can afford to go why not buy a season ticket then you would get the prices you want, £28 is okay with me. The club cannot price according to each individuals circumstances. 

42 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Success would fill the ground  

We had our best season at home in donkeys years last season, winning 16 games. Yet still averaged only 22K and about 56% of capacity.

I think the only way we would better that is by being in the top 2 all season. We need to find other incentives to attract fans and sell the 17K empty seats.

47 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

My ST cost £21.52 per game and I wouldn’t be bothered.  I suspect I’d been in the minority though.

• Like 3