Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

You should know by now we dont plan past the current season, getting kids in for free, get them hooked on the team, thats income for the club for the next 60 years.

Instead these fans will end up at other local clubs, not as short sighted as ours.

Yep guarenteed support for 60 years. Dead on.

I'm not against offers to get in more fans but thats a ridiculous statement.

2 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Yep guarenteed support for 60 years. Dead on.

I'm not against offers to get in more fans but thats a ridiculous statement.

So how old are you and at what age did you start supporting the owls.

and how long is an average life span of a person?

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

The point being that plenty on here say a winning team brings the crowds in and that’s all you need.

But look at the crowds in the second half of last season against Plymouth, Morecambe, Wigan, Charlton, Burton, Cambridge, Accrington, Cheltenham, Wimbledon and Crewe and the POTG fans still didn’t really turn up even when we were winning games and in the top 6

I know quite a few season ticket holders who couldn't be arsed to go to some of those midweek games v Accrington, Burton, Crewe and Morecambe. There are also plenty of STH's who won't turn up if it's a little bit cold or wet. But I suppose that's OK because the club still gets their money up front.

Just now, room0035 said:

So how old are you and at what age did you start supporting the owls.

and how long is an average life span of a person?

I'm 107 years old and started supporting us when I was 4.

For the second question you can google it but it varies from region to region.

Some people may get hooked but others won't. Even those who become hooked mighn't get into way of going regular for a number of reasons. There are more options for things to do on a weekend and highlights readily available as well. Or people  move away etc.

The fact is of you give someone a free seat its not guarenteed income for 60 years.

Just now, Quickly Kevin said:

Some people may get hooked but others won't. Even those who become hooked mighn't get into way of going regular for a number of reasons. There are more options for things to do on a weekend and highlights readily available as well. Or people  move away etc.

The fact is of you give someone a free seat its not guarenteed income for 60 years.

You need to get fans hook at an early age or they go elsewhere, if its £40-50 just to get to the stadium sat down not many new fans will be coming to game.

There is no guarantee in life but if you give someone enjoyment at a reasonable price they come back, if you feel ripped off you rarely do.

But you dont have to worry no free tickets will getting given out why DC is in charge

11 minutes ago, The coach said:

Its sad that we all know utds crowds are goin to be bigger than ours..again..and that would suggest price is the main factor

And also that you can still buy an adult season ticket on their kop for £402, a student season ticket for £215 and an under 18s season ticket for £75.

An adult season ticket on our kop costs £435, an under 17s season ticket £165 and we don’t sell student season tickets.

It’s hard to justify having higher prices than a club that’s in the same city and a league above us 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I think any supporter over 100 like yourself should get a free seat, a free bag of Werthers and a special blue and white tartan blanket. You deserve it.

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You need to get fans hook at an early age or they go elsewhere, if its £40-50 just to get to the stadium sat down not many new fans will be coming to game.

There is no guarantee in life but if you give someone enjoyment at a reasonable price they come back, if you feel ripped off you rarely do.

But you dont have to worry no free tickets will getting given out why DC is in charge

I know people who went as kids but are rare visitors now. The only guarentee for bigger crowds is success.

You stated its guarenteed income for 60 years which is not true.

Factor in loss of income from adults using kids tickets.

Is it 50 quid for a kids ticket? Nope so you can bring one for less. Keep kids prices low but we need some income from them.

I don't see much wrong with our kids prices.

Screenshot_20220624-103508_Opera.jpg

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

And also that you can still buy an adult season ticket on their kop for £402, a student season ticket for £215 and an under 18s season ticket for £75.

An adult season ticket on our kop costs £435, an under 17s season ticket £165 and we don’t sell student season tickets.

It’s hard to justify having higher prices than a club that’s in the same city and a league above us 

We sell season tickets at

£35 for a season ticket for an Under 11 (£1.52 per game)

£90 for a season ticket for an Under 17 (£3.91 per game)

and yes we do a student ticket, it is called a concession

4 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

So why do utd get bigger crowds than us...in your opinion??

1 hour ago, Otley Owl said:

This was briefly discussed on here a while back, it was introduced by another club, can't remember who now. I would absolutely love for this to be an option, it would suit me down to the ground. 

If we get fan forums up and running again, it would be great if this suggestion could be discussed and hopefully implemented. 

We've got to be innovative and make a move forward. 

We're in a generation of operating on credit and subscriptions - Klarna, Pay Later, Netflix, Spotify, Disney+ etc. How many would sign up to Netflix at £300 up front for the year? I wouldn't. 

The club should offer the option for a season ticket at a subscription price - £40 a month or whatever £480 for year. Or pay up front and pay £400 - with a discount to entice payment in full.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

They currently have them because of higher league position and recent PL season.

They did hit 13k crowds back in noughties and they dipped again when they went to League One.

We hit higher crowds under Carlos cause a higher league position.

4 minutes ago, The coach said:

Sadly, over the recent years they have been more successful.

As many have said on here the way to get higher crowds is to be more successful. Also away followings in Championship tends to be higher.

I've said before but many like myself will never watch Wednesday at Hillsborough again while Chansiri is the owner 

He pushed many fans away and made zero effort to get them back 

These people and their families have found better things to do on a Saturday 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I can remember the mid 70's when there were only about 9K of us 'die hard' fans. lol

That means there are 8k fans claiming to be die hards, saying they don't want any more supporters turning up ruining their match or asking for better catering or facilities.

Whilst all along those 8k fans aren't actually really the die hard fans at all and are in fact people who rocked up after the hard times 

Glory hunters I think you could call them

lol

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Fair enough I didn’t realise the concession applied to students, I thought that was just for over 65s.

Our concession season tickets are still priced at £245 kop, £290 north and £320 south stand though.

Their student season is priced at £215 anywhere in the ground