Centre midfield headache

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Snap.

This is my opinion on the matter. We play a two with one advanced role in midfield now where Bannan is the advanced. He will play most games and it’s the role that suits him best playing in the final third. So we can’t really get an understudy to him as A. They will be nowhere near as good and B. If they are any good they won’t get enough game time. So could we use Alex Hunt in that role ? Possibly but he’s not gonna ever progress with that. Or do we have the possibility of using a different type of attacking midfielder like a Windass who is more of a deep lying forward or Wilks who’s a winger second striker (should he sign). Either way I don’t see us getting anyone else in.

Now behind them we have 4 very good options. Luongo Byers Vaulks are top draw at this level, add to that the none stop running or Adenrian and that’s 4 brilliant options there.

The odd one out here is Dele-Bashiru. Now I think he showed some promise again last season but again was inconsistent but and this is the big but he will be unless he is playing on a regular basis. I would look at his age now to get him out on a season long loan, preferably to a team in our league. Make sure he will play. Get a good season of playing under his belt and take it from there. 

good couple of points with that but with my personal opinion on way we could approach upcoming season tactical wise is this way

i see all of our midfielders at the moment are viable options especially fizz i think fizz had troubles last season of his stamina i noticed with him as games went on he went more and more quite i think if he’s focused on getting his cardio more built up he could contend with adenrian for that right-mid slot and imo they both have something special about them (thinking about it now we don’t really need luongo now vaulks has signed)

speaking of wingers i’m probably going to get crucified for saying this but if we send brown out on a loan or if we can see him integrated in the squad i can see him being a good asset to have i think everyones judged him unfairly on a poor own-goal away from home from what i can remember seeing of the lad he was quite solid for a lad at his age and skill level i think if he got the experience he could become championship standard theres just something special about him to me especially with the effort he brung when he played 

going back to the main topic in terms of formation and the tatics used i think 3-5-2 can still work but formations like 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 seem more solid options this time around i think 4-3-1-2 could work the best as we can have bannan, byers and either adenrian or fizz as the 3 midfielders with vaulks playing just behind our forwards we could have bannan in that place instead and someone else takes left-mid but at the time of writing this i can’t think of anyone better than bannan to play in left midfield so if you can then please mention 😂 but overall i think no matter what we have a good squad to work with in regards to the formations and the tatics bannan is an amazing playmaker but the again vaulks also has a bit of smarts to him i’ve noticed as well with vaulks that he’s got some decent physicality to him and thats why i’m stuck between who i would put behind the forwards in a 4-3-1-2 

6 minutes ago, DecOwl04 said:

good couple of points with that but with my personal opinion on way we could approach upcoming season tactical wise is this way

i see all of our midfielders at the moment are viable options especially fizz i think fizz had troubles last season of his stamina i noticed with him as games went on he went more and more quite i think if he’s focused on getting his cardio more built up he could contend with adenrian for that right-mid slot and imo they both have something special about them (thinking about it now we don’t really need luongo now vaulks has signed)

speaking of wingers i’m probably going to get crucified for saying this but if we send brown out on a loan or if we can see him integrated in the squad i can see him being a good asset to have i think everyones judged him unfairly on a poor own-goal away from home from what i can remember seeing of the lad he was quite solid for a lad at his age and skill level i think if he got the experience he could become championship standard theres just something special about him to me especially with the effort he brung when he played 

going back to the main topic in terms of formation and the tatics used i think 3-5-2 can still work but formations like 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 seem more solid options this time around i think 4-3-1-2 could work the best as we can have bannan, byers and either adenrian or fizz as the 3 midfielders with vaulks playing just behind our forwards we could have bannan in that place instead and someone else takes left-mid but at the time of writing this i can’t think of anyone better than bannan to play in left midfield so if you can then please mention 😂 but overall i think no matter what we have a good squad to work with in regards to the formations and the tatics bannan is an amazing playmaker but the again vaulks also has a bit of smarts to him i’ve noticed as well with vaulks that he’s got some decent physicality to him and thats why i’m stuck between who i would put behind the forwards in a 4-3-1-2 

my bad don’t know why but i thought brown did his own-goal against plymouth in fa cup 😂😂 

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Think we’re sorted anyway whether Luongo stays or not.

Bannan, Byers and Vaulks is one hell of a midfield 3 and we know Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru can play at this level. I’m personally on board with seeing what Hunt can do too. 

Positions sorted for me with real quality.

This - we have great balance with our options. Vaulks ticks a lot of boxes. 

Big season for hunt he needs to be sent out on loan and play regular in a top end league two club or a league one club 

unfortunately his game time is limited here even if luongo signs and the lad needs to play 

that midfield 6 though is oozing quality through out 

I hope Dele can still kick on but I’m sceptical in how many minutes he’ll get and I hope this doesn’t stint his development I’m sure he will get minutes they all will but I’d imagine most minutes will go to luongo vaulks bannan and byres 

but what a central offering, options and strength in depth 

automatic promotion quality in cm now IMO 

now can we match the rest of the squad with this kind of quality?

4 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

So Luongo has gone, could probably do with one more? Maybe a loanee from a premier league giant

Depends if we keep Hunt/Waldock next year. You’d like to think that any three of Bannan, Vaulks, Byers, Adiniran and FDB are more than a match for any midfield we come up against next season. With Hunt/Waldock in reserve if injuries, suspensions or playong lessor games like Papa Johns…

35 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Depends if we keep Hunt/Waldock next year. You’d like to think that any three of Bannan, Vaulks, Byers, Adiniran and FDB are more than a match for any midfield we come up against next season. With Hunt/Waldock in reserve if injuries, suspensions or playong lessor games like Papa Johns…

Waldock left a while ago, announced last March/April I think 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

1 minute ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Waldock left a while ago, announced last March/April I think 

I'd have kept Waldock for another season just for back up.

• Like 1