Centre midfield headache

2 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Now have to choose between, Bannan, Byers, Vaulks, Adeniran, Dele-Bashiru,  A. Hunt and Luongo if he stays + anymore signings that may come. Great options to have!!

if we sign vaulks and managed to keep luongo then in my opinion our midfields sorted 

• Like 1

Luongo won't be here.

And our best midfield three picks itself imo,

Baz - Vaulks - Byers

You've got Vaulks, who offers you physicality and defensive strength with a bit of attacking umph, with Baz and Byers who both have exceptional technical ability and offer goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Now have to choose between, Bannan, Byers, Vaulks, Adeniran, Dele-Bashiru,  A. Hunt and Luongo if he stays + anymore signings that may come. Great options to have!!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Alex Hunt will be out on loan. Don’t know too much about Vaulks as a player but from what I’ve read he’d be a ready made replacement for Luongo, so not exactly bad backup. 

Big season as well for Adenrian, looked decent at the start of last season. 

• Like 3

Think we’re sorted anyway whether Luongo stays or not.

Bannan, Byers and Vaulks is one hell of a midfield 3 and we know Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru can play at this level. I’m personally on board with seeing what Hunt can do too. 

Positions sorted for me with real quality.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Signing Vaulks is like having luongo available for 46 games instead of the usual 20 games.

Great signing now remove the contract offer for Luongo, if he was going to sign would already have happened by now 

Now let's get some centre backs in and a target man striker 

Great signing. I’ve loved Luongo from the off when many questioned him. However, despite his ability he was always injury prone in his time with us. They say it is the hope that kills you! Touch bloody wood, Vaulks seems more reliable and a rock solid DM.

People also underestimate Dennis imo. I think he is going to have a big year for us, as is Fizz. As good an engine room as we have had on paper for a few seasons now. Just need to transfer that to the grass!

49 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Not that arsed as long as Byers starts. Has to be the first name on the teamsheet for me. 

Agee so long as he doesn't start playing hide n seek when the going gets tough.  He needs to take the lead more and galvanise the team by more probing runs which he is more than capable of.

Also goes to show how managers need to be given more time so that they can have a few transfer windows. Last summer was a bit mad just because we had to make but still signed the likes of gregory and byers. 

Now we’ve signed vaulks and stockdale. We look to be going places and moore probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves for the signings he’s made. 

Now it’s up to him to figure out the best starting XI so we can do the business on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

We could cure this headache by signing Ibu Profen from lesser known French club Paris Etamol.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Also goes to show how managers need to be given more time so that they can have a few transfer windows. Last summer was a bit mad just because we had to make but still signed the likes of gregory and byers. 

Now we’ve signed vaulks and stockdale. We look to be going places and moore probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves for the signings he’s made. 

Now it’s up to him to figure out the best starting XI so we can do the business on the pitch.

Don’t forget solid signing Heneghan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DecOwl04 said:

if we sign vaulks and managed to keep luongo then in my opinion our midfields sorted 

Snap.

This is my opinion on the matter. We play a two with one advanced role in midfield now where Bannan is the advanced. He will play most games and it’s the role that suits him best playing in the final third. So we can’t really get an understudy to him as A. They will be nowhere near as good and B. If they are any good they won’t get enough game time. So could we use Alex Hunt in that role ? Possibly but he’s not gonna ever progress with that. Or do we have the possibility of using a different type of attacking midfielder like a Windass who is more of a deep lying forward or Wilks who’s a winger second striker (should he sign). Either way I don’t see us getting anyone else in.

Now behind them we have 4 very good options. Luongo Byers Vaulks are top draw at this level, add to that the none stop running or Adenrian and that’s 4 brilliant options there.

The odd one out here is Dele-Bashiru. Now I think he showed some promise again last season but again was inconsistent but and this is the big but he will be unless he is playing on a regular basis. I would look at his age now to get him out on a season long loan, preferably to a team in our league. Make sure he will play. Get a good season of playing under his belt and take it from there. 

• Like 3