Freddie Ladapo

What is Ladapo's bad attitude?

Did Ladapo just ask to be transfer-listed or did he refuse to play? Was there some disciplinary issue?

If he's truly a bad egg I'd stay well clear but then again we did persevere with Forestieri after he refused to get on the coach to Norwich.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Would prefer Oliver over Eaves. But both very similar. I think we need that option for those up and under games. They’d replace Kamberi 

But we also need that back up/competition for what Windass offers, if berahino is off anyway.

Thats the beauty od football.

If you put 40 Owls fans in a room, you would not get two fans to totaly agree with each other.

9 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Would rather have Vadaine Oliver - really good stats for the season just gone despite playing in a team who got relegated 

Yes he scored 11 goals for a relegated team that only notched 35 in total, often playing as a loan striker. The previous season he nabbed 20. His wages can't have been that big at Gillingham so he would be a comparatively cheap option. He also wants to come back north and he is a former Wednesday player. He is linked with Wrexham whose Hollywood owners are not afraid to splash the cash.

25 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What is Ladapo's bad attitude?

Did Ladapo just ask to be transfer-listed or did he refuse to play? Was there some disciplinary issue?

If he's truly a bad egg I'd stay well clear but then again we did persevere with Forestieri after he refused to get on the coach to Norwich.

Refused to play in the last pre-season, threatened not to play for the first month or so of 2022 after handing in a transfer request. Seems like a "too good for this club" kind of attitude.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

Refused to play in the last pre-season, threatened not to play for the first month or so of 2022 after handing in a transfer request. Seems like a "too good for this club" kind of attitude.

Sounds like we'd do better looking elsewhere if this is true.

Handing in a transfer request is one thing, refusing to play is quite another. Presumably he was fined for this.

On 19/05/2022 at 05:06, royalowlisback said:

Wants more money and to play for a bigger club?

Fall out with the manager, who knows but his record is good at this level, he knows the area, he is a big lad (6ft 2") and at least it will stop him scoring against us if we sign him......

Do Own goals count?

Quite a few of our players had og's over the years. i wonder who is the most prolific/has the most OG's?

3 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

I remember Shaun Goater having same attitude when he played for Rotherham, kept sitting out training sessions trying to force a transfer to Bristol City which eventually happened for him. Scored loads of goals for Bristol and then became a bit of a legend when he moved on to Man City. 

The fact Rotherham released him, despite having the option to extend for 12 months tells you all you need to know. 

Think Wednesday need to be going out and spending on a couple strikers this summer. 

43 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I remember Shaun Goater having same attitude when he played for Rotherham, kept sitting out training sessions trying to force a transfer to Bristol City which eventually happened for him. Scored loads of goals for Bristol and then became a bit of a legend when he moved on to Man City. 

Feed the goat and he'll score