Freddie Ladapo

Until dc shows his hand ( as in if he can/has got money ) to spend players like ladapo will improve us ? Decent goal return / games played at this level for last few seasons . Gregory needs a reliable fit partner? Windass if fit will help Gregory score the required 40 goals between the strikers which usually ends in promotion. Berihino Paterson kamberi only done it in flashes need someone else imo if we really gona take top two 

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Better player how?

Ladapo has played 6 career games more, but has scored 33 more goals.

I looked at this and thought the exact same. Tom Eaves averages a goal every 4.2 games...Ladapo a goal every 3. Only Wednesday fans would want a striker with a worse strike rate.

Surely as a striker you are judged on the goals you score in the first instance?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

His record is very similar to Lee Gregory, he is 4 years younger, and has pace and height that would compliment Gregory perfectly. Why is Lapado classed as rubbish, yet Gregory amazing - they are both good League One players, and if anyone thinks we can do much better, they are probably kidding themselves.

Nothing to do with stats.

Attitude, watch him play then watch Gregory play.

39 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Nothing to do with stats.

Attitude, watch him play then watch Gregory play.

I'd image that Moore would have a quiet word with Warne before potentially signing him. Doubt he'd take it further if there were attitude concerns  I get the impression that Moore  doesn't countenance  players that potentially might rock the boat. 

4 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Good point but why put a transfer request in when your team is 13pts clear at top of league unless you want to go back down south ..

He thought he’d get a bigger move and more money, but then nobody was bothered 

I think Moore has shown more than enough already to suggest he can handle difficult characters. I still think Berahino will be here next season and be a totally different player to what we saw for most of this season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Tom Eves been released by Dull city.

30yrs old, 6'3" Centre forward.

Much better player.

Would prefer Oliver over Eaves. But both very similar. I think we need that option for those up and under games. They’d replace Kamberi 

But we also need that back up/competition for what Windass offers, if berahino is off anyway.

On 19/05/2022 at 19:56, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I reckon if Paterson started 41 matches upfront he’d score close to 15 goals. Yet everybody says he’s not good enough.

Paterson scored 8 Championship goals in a relegated Wednesday side.

And unlike Ladapo he works hard and has a good attitude.

Positives - he works hard, runs all day, is a team man then end of.
Negatives - To be honest he has no skill, gives away free kicks ridiculously, and effs up in most good positions in attack. 

Others have their opinions but IMO get rid 

1 hour ago, owlsruleok said:

Positives - he works hard, runs all day, is a team man then end of.
Negatives - To be honest he has no skill, gives away free kicks ridiculously, and effs up in most good positions in attack. 

Others have their opinions but IMO get rid 

I’m not trying to big up Paterson.

Making the point that most don’t think he’s good enough but want to sign a player that’s no better and has a worse attitude.

• Like 2