Which Manager to get in

13 hours ago, parajack said:

Pointless 'clapping post' anyone can do it, 'getting behind the team' didnt win either of the play off matchs did it? nor did the amazing away support we have alter our miserable away form ONE JOT  did it?

Take the blue & white specs off mate......Read back your post REALLY suggesting fan comments on a forum effected our teams performance this season? Not the manager? not the coaching team? not the players?(two of whom at least are probably Millionairres?) not the 'advisors'?

But hard working fans,many of whom are season ticket holders,sometimes of many decades standing?  People who put their money into the Club Year in,Year out?

They cant have a say because YOU dont like it?.............MMMmmmm    ok..why put WAWAW when your post is exactly the opposite?

Dont you mean WAWAW? as long as you agree with me?..

Just sack Moore then m8 and let someone else rebuild a team around our so called championship players still under contract.In fact let's change manager after every bad result..

Not happy clapping m8 just trying to support what he's done 2nd half of season.Myself I thought 1st half of season was average until we got a couple of players back and added a couple thought 10th at best but,I wasn't having a melt down every single week.Nothing wrong with supporting the club through good times and hard..What's ya point??

I should change my feelings every game to suit?Or try and see the  positives and not slaughter Moore every game.Gets boring pal.If not Moore then DC or even physios.

Why wouldn't I put WAWAW...??..You calling me a blade??

• Like 2

On 12/05/2022 at 17:37, bigthinrob said:

Yeah sorry, as you were. Great result. One of the many that stopped us getting auto’s.

As your finding mate,some just dont want to hear it.....many i feel are of the 'one final push' 'nearly there' basis,not thinking (as an example) that its just as easy to roll down a snake the following season...(Barnsley).Windass starts than gets injured again? Gregory 33 maybe the same.....VERY easy to unravel......

DM deserves to start the season as manager,lets see who we bring in,and let go.....before we go again.....

15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

There is a difference between constructive criticism with a healthy dollop of meaningful debate and moaning for the sake it.  

No there isnt mate,its the actual definition of 'free speech' the right to offend others with your views (within the law)....No one forces you to read or join in/reply to said posts,i dont,i just jog past those not of interest.....

Some of the people you refer to,may similarly put money into the Club,week in,week out...Why shouldnt they have their say? Your free to disagree

• Like 3

On 13/05/2022 at 09:02, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Lol....

Aren't you aggressive you fackin Millwall too?

Just fed up of moaning about owt,constant everything Moore does,even the side he picked for home leg,people actually moaning that he put Hunt and Windass in..Why don't we all try to just push im same direction??and get out of this division.

Like I said in another thread,we haven't got the best team/squad in the division never had,yes we've had injuries and I thought we would finish in top ten.So 4th was a good effort.Outplayed by a better team over 2 legs.

But NO sack him sack Moore!!seriously bored of it m8.I know it's a forum but,it's just every week,every game.

Good luck in playoffs pal at lane,and how's Rowett doing?

LOL

UTO....WAWAW....

Never cease's to amaze me,how low some fans set the bar for a 'successful' Season....Niether DM or our Captain thought OR said finishing 'top 10' would be our objective did they? Doubt the Chairman did either.....

Finishing 4th has cost us 14 Million quid in TV money,and is nothing short of a disaster....Losing to Sunderland was the luck of the draw,and the better manager,and the better side(on the day) went through.....

Thats WHY reaching the play offs,in & of itself is NOT a 'success' Its heartbreak for 3 sides,all beit with a consolation day out at Wembley...for one

And promotion and a 14 Million quid TV money bonanza for the other....

We just threw away our best chance of automatic promotion this Year with 14 draws was it? against mediocre sides(in my view) in Div 3.....

Thats it......

Edited by parajack

15 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Let's put it that way.

It's very difficult to discuss any tactical mistakes or issues without getting the haters and racists creaping out of their corners.

If there was a more balanced atmosphere, it would be much more enjoyable to discuss and criticize.

When all you get is a "Moore out" after every draw or unconvincing victory, it just kills every discussion.

Only if you let it......

13 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I do agree with you:

- I should really learn to ignore the idiots

- There is also a big problem with our current culture of policing everything

- this "political correctness thing" seems to have the only purpose to bully other people and has to stop

(But I still can't sit still and listen to haters and racists without saying anything as I would feel guilty.
It might have something to do with being German and growing up in a country, which has been guilty for being quiet while the Nazis murdered millions.)

As a young soldier,i stood in what remains of Bergen/Belsen a haunting but now silent place........In the small museum building i looked with horror at a picture of a young woman kneeling,with a small child in her arms in front of a slit trench,whilst a group of laughing,  LAUGHING Nazi's behind her prepared to shoot her in the head....

Its an image that brings a shiver to my spine all these Years later....STILL  Ubique/Airborne 

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

No there isnt mate,its the actual definition of 'free speech' the right to offend others with your views (within the law)....No one forces you to read or join in/reply to said posts,i dont,i just jog past those not of interest.....

Some of the people you refer to,may similarly put money into the Club,week in,week out...Why shouldnt they have their say? Your free to disagree

It makes for a boring forum, who wants that?   

I'm not offended 

Read a few definitions of Freedom of Speech none of as yet have mentioned the right to offend.

13 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Of course tactics matter I never said they didn't and I too have been critical of Moore regarding tactics.

It's not as simple as just because a player has played in the championship in their career they are that standard at this point in time.  Bannan certainly is but is aging, a lot of the players who we signed from championship clubs couldn't get in a championship team which is why we managed to sign them. 

How many of our squad would be signed now by a championship team to play as a regular starter or not as cheap back up?

Mentioning Dean who we signed halfway through the season at a point our form became automatic promotion form is kind of proving my point, a time when Luongo became available too. 

And claiming Peacock-Farrell is a Premier League keeper is laughable how many games has he played? They sent him here to develop, he was replaced as no. 1 at Leeds because they didn't think he was good enough for the championship. I bet there are loads of players in league one who once were at a premier league club but didn't make it.

My opinion is that some fans are vastly overating our squad to use as a stick to beat Moore with just as they are using last seasons relegation the same. These fans conveniently forget that the players were not being paid the club was in turmoil and our manager had a life threatening illness and missed quite a few games (I have even seen one poster claim that they once had pneumonia so they are not having the fact he was ill as an excuse for relegation because obviously all cases of pneumonia are exactly the same).

Moore is by no means perfect there is a lot he needs to do differently and next season will be make or break for him but there are some people on here who clearly made their mind up early  and will not listen to a single balanced view. In my view he has earnt the chance to try again next season.

PL Clubs dont sign keepers to 'loan' out to Div 3 Clubs...Laughable? well your reply raised a grin,thats for sure.....By your reackoning than,Henderson at Man Utd,who cant get a game,is 'not a PL Keeper? Ramsdale the same at Arsenal because he came from Sheff Utd a Championship side?He was loaned out to Chesterfield & Wimbledon at one point in his career....

Harley Dean couldnt get into the team before he left,he not a Championship player?...

BPF first played for Leeds in 2017/18 & was selected as a NI International GK the same season......He is PL keeper for Burnley,not currently first choice NO but Henderson isnt first choice at Man Utd is he?

YOU asked the Q you just dont like the answer.....As to other Clubs coming in for our players,lets see.....Dean & Storey may go back to their parent Clubs,JW contract ends this season,and several more of our players may well recieve offers from Championship Clubs...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Of course tactics matter I never said they didn't and I too have been critical of Moore regarding tactics.

It's not as simple as just because a player has played in the championship in their career they are that standard at this point in time.  Bannan certainly is but is aging, a lot of the players who we signed from championship clubs couldn't get in a championship team which is why we managed to sign them. 

How many of our squad would be signed now by a championship team to play as a regular starter or not as cheap back up?

Mentioning Dean who we signed halfway through the season at a point our form became automatic promotion form is kind of proving my point, a time when Luongo became available too. 

And claiming Peacock-Farrell is a Premier League keeper is laughable how many games has he played? They sent him here to develop, he was replaced as no. 1 at Leeds because they didn't think he was good enough for the championship. I bet there are loads of players in league one who once were at a premier league club but didn't make it.

My opinion is that some fans are vastly overating our squad to use as a stick to beat Moore with just as they are using last seasons relegation the same. These fans conveniently forget that the players were not being paid the club was in turmoil and our manager had a life threatening illness and missed quite a few games (I have even seen one poster claim that they once had pneumonia so they are not having the fact he was ill as an excuse for relegation because obviously all cases of pneumonia are exactly the same).

Moore is by no means perfect there is a lot he needs to do differently and next season will be make or break for him but there are some people on here who clearly made their mind up early  and will not listen to a single balanced view. In my view he has earnt the chance to try again next season.

That was myself, and I spent a long time in hospital and was severely ill that same year and had pancreatitis, then again I now have a disabled badge and am a diabetic. Plus numerous other health conditions, of which I'm am in 40 tablets a day for.

But hey you slate me without knowing facts, and yet you are slating me 

Edited by MBMitchell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It makes for a boring forum, who wants that?   

I'm not offended 

Read a few definitions of Freedom of Speech none of as yet have mentioned the right to offend.

Read a few yourself,i am satisfied with my definition,as to your posts You are the one MOANING on a forum about.....other people moaning! but fail to see the irony....

You considered some members might find your moaning posts 'boring'  too?

• Like 1

Moore’s is like other managers in our recent history. He divides opinion and however successful or not he proves to be here, he probably always will?

I think some regard him as responsible for our relegation? Others think he’s underachieved with what they think was the best squad in the division?

I suppose whatever floats your boat?

Me? I think he’s taken on the job at one of our lowest points in our history and is trying his best to fix things and ultimately move us forward. He might divide the fans but he certainly doesn’t seem to divide the players and after some recent managerial talents who have occupied the S6 hot seat and who would most likely have an argument in an empty room, I’m happy we’ve got Moore.

I think he will give us stability and a platform to eventually move forward but I  can’t be bothered to argue the to$$ anymore with some who have already made their mind up and won’t be happy until he leaves.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

That was myself, and I spent a long time in hospital and was severely ill that same year and had pancreatitis, then again I now have a disabled badge and am a diabetic. Plus numerous other health conditions, of which I'm am in 40 tablets a day for.

But hey you slate me without knowing facts, and yet you are slating me 

Sorry the point I was trying to make, and didn't as it did trigger me that post

Is that I still got phone calls and that, I was a manager in a high powered job.

When my staff failed noone said aww he's been ill, we will let him off, I was lambasted for it.

Which is why I said what I did, as just cos he was severely ill, doesn't mean he gets free hits for his failings as I didn't

Edited by MBMitchell

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Read a few yourself,i am satisfied with my definition,as to your posts You are the one MOANING on a forum about.....other people moaning! but fail to see the irony....

You considered some members might find your moaning posts 'boring'  too?

I"m not moaning I'm offering a different perspective.  No member has ever found me boring.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Just sack Moore then m8 and let someone else rebuild a team around our so called championship players still under contract.In fact let's change manager after every bad result..

Not happy clapping m8 just trying to support what he's done 2nd half of season.Myself I thought 1st half of season was average until we got a couple of players back and added a couple thought 10th at best but,I wasn't having a melt down every single week.Nothing wrong with supporting the club through good times and hard..What's ya point??

I should change my feelings every game to suit?Or try and see the  positives and not slaughter Moore every game.Gets boring pal.If not Moore then DC or even physios.

Why wouldn't I put WAWAW...??..You calling me a blade??

Stop being dramatic,i have said why......

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Moore’s is like other managers in our recent history. He divides opinion and however successful or not he proves to be here, he probably always will?

I think some regard him as responsible for our relegation? Others think he’s underachieved with what they think was the best squad in the division?

I suppose whatever floats your boat?

Me? I think he’s taken on the job at one of our lowest points in our history and is trying his best to fix things and ultimately move us forward. He might divide the fans but he certainly doesn’t seem to divide the players and after some recent managerial talents who have occupied the S6 hot seat and who would most likely have an argument in an empty room, I’m happy we’ve got Moore.

I think he will give us stability and a platform to eventually move forward but I  can’t be bothered to argue the to$$ anymore with some who have already made their mind up and won’t be happy until he leaves.

Jim i like reading your posts mate,but didnt you feel exactly the same about GM?......Just because some of us dont rate DM based on his 2 seasons doesnt mean we are wrong,and you(and others) are right?...

EVERY true wednesday fan wants Darren to suceed EVERY one of us mate........me included.....But i cant get behind him if i feel his decisions are costing us,thats not so unreasonable is it?

Lets hope he HAS learned from where he went wrong this season,and puts it right for next....

Defend corners,throw ins,and set pieces waaaay better....

STOP the meaningless playing it out.......mix it up by all means but get the ball FORWARD

Vary our set pieces,especially corners....dont let BB take them all

Use Pattersons long throw MORE (or even at ALL!)

Pick a settled team and stick to it!!!!

Lets hope we see some decent transfers into the Club in the pre season to allow DM to come out fighting with NO excuses....We must NOT see the same errors that cost us last year re appear....IF they do,Q will be asked about coaching....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Jim i like reading your posts mate,but didnt you feel exactly the same about GM?......Just because some of us dont rate DM based on his 2 seasons doesnt mean we are wrong,and you(and others) are right?...

EVERY true wednesday fan wants Darren to suceed EVERY one of us mate........me included.....But i cant get behind him if i feel his decisions are costing us,thats not so unreasonable is it?

Lets hope he HAS learned from where he went wrong this season,and puts it right for next....

Defend corners,throw ins,and set pieces waaaay better....

STOP the meaningless playing it out.......mix it up by all means but get the ball FORWARD

Vary our set pieces,especially corners....dont let BB take them all

Use Pattersons long throw MORE (or even at ALL!)

Pick a settled team and stick to it!!!!

Lets hope we see some decent transfers into the Club in the pre season to allow DM to come out fighting with NO excuses....We must NOT see the same errors that cost us last year re appear....IF they do,Q will be asked about coaching....

I was hoping and expecting I’d get a response from you Jack .

My dislike of Monk is well known and the reason I like Moore is that he’s the total opposite of him. I mean do you really think we’d have scored as many goals at home this season under Monk. FFS Moore even got a 5-0 home win against Cardiff in the championship with players who couldn’t hit a barn door for Monk.

No Monk’s a big big reason why Moore inherited the mess he did and the dressing room atmosphere is a total contrast now to what it was under Monk and a big reason that despite the failure to get promoted back to the championship I still totally believe in Moore.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Sorry the point I was trying to make, and didn't as it did trigger me that post

Is that I still got phone calls and that, I was a manager in a high powered job.

When my staff failed noone said aww he's been ill, we will let him off, I was lambasted for it.

Which is why I said what I did, as just cos he was severely ill, doesn't mean he gets free hits for his failings as I didn't

I am genuinely sorry you went through that.