Young George

1 minute ago, Bucksowl said:

Did not say I don't like him sooner have Twine (is it) at MK Dons, he is class (was when we played them)

I think we'd all rather have Twine but he's likely out of our price range and will go to a top 6 championship side or low prem side. 

Whether we go up or stay in L1 this is the market that we need to be shopping in. 

Young and in good form but not too great that they cost an arm and a leg. 

We did this with Adeniran and to an extent FDB so I have faith that Moore has an eye for these kind of players. It'll be interesting to see the direction we try and go now we can pay transfer fees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I think we'd all rather have Twine but he's likely out of our price range and will go to a top 6 championship side or low prem side. 

Whether we go up or stay in L1 this is the market that we need to be shopping in. 

Young and in good form but not too great that they cost an arm and a leg. 

We did this with Adeniran and to an extent FDB so I have faith that Moore has an eye for these kind of players. It'll be interesting to see the direction we try and go now we can pay transfer fees.

Yep cannot disagree with that, but don't be so sure re Twine.

I would not have an issue if Geoff went back to SW but I think there is too much water under the bridge for that to happen.

Moore does have an eye for players suspect he knows more than you or I lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2022 at 15:41, Doctor Duran said:

Looked decent today and was a threat.

I'd sign him for next season him and Gregory would be an interesting pairing.

If he wasn’t who he was there is absolutely no chance at all you’d make that judgment from his performance yesterday, bang average league 1 striker who did nothing bar his tap in.

2 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

If he wasn’t who he was there is absolutely no chance at all you’d make that judgment from his performance yesterday, bang average league 1 striker who did nothing bar his tap in.

13 goals this season for Portsmouth.

Put him in a better side and surely he'd be scoring more? 

Just now, HootHoot said:

13 goals this season for Portsmouth.

Put him in a better side and surely he'd be scoring more? 

He’s had a decent end to the season I’ll give him that but you’ve kind of proved my point, there is no way on earth any of our fans would be musing the possibility of bringing in that number 19 from Portsmouth next season….absolutely no way at all…

• Like 1

Just now, 1867Heaven said:

He’s had a decent end to the season I’ll give him that but you’ve kind of proved my point, there is no way on earth any of our fans would be musing the possibility of bringing in that number 19 from Portsmouth next season….absolutely no way at all…

I think it's the contrary. Remove the name and focus on his stats.

23 years old, 13 goals. Exactly the type of player you'd hope your team is in for.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

He's a striker

He scored
He had a few more chances too that required BPF to pull off good saves

There's a real level of bitterness here that is blocking people's views of the facts

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I think it's the contrary. Remove the name and focus on his stats.

23 years old, 13 goals. Exactly the type of player you'd hope your team is in for.

Scot Twine is a year younger with 20 goals, if we signed a 23 year old who’s scored 13 league goals in this country and 16 in his career this place wouldn’t give him the time of day….thread headline of “Is this how low we’ve sunk” face it, he’s not as good as he thinks he is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's a striker

He scored
He had a few more chances too that required BPF to pull off good saves

There's a real level of bitterness here that is blocking people's views of the facts

I hardly noticed him after he scored, his biggest boo came half way through the 2nd half, he’s a professional footballer, no way our fans would give him a 2nd thought though if he wasn’t who he is, there are better and younger strikers in this league to notice before him and he wouldn’t be in the conversation with a different name, thems the facts pal..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Scot Twine is a year younger with 20 goals, if we signed a 23 year old who’s scored 13 league goals in this country and 16 in his career this place wouldn’t give him the time of day….thread headline of “Is this how low we’ve sunk” face it, he’s not as good as he thinks he is.

Scott Twine is also an unrealistic target considering he'd likely cost around 4-5 million. 

"He's not as good as he thinks he is"

This line alone tells me that this is personal for you. Take the specs off and look at the stats and where the club is. We're not going to be signing league top scores for millions. That's the reality of our situation now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 1867Heaven said:

I hardly noticed him after he scored, his biggest boo came half way through the 2nd half, he’s a professional footballer, no way our fans would give him a 2nd thought though if he wasn’t who he is, there are better and younger strikers in this league to notice before him and he wouldn’t be in the conversation with a different name, thems the facts pal..

You're wrong
He's smashing goals in left right and centre right now
We'd be talking about him like we are about Twine

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, HootHoot said:

Scott Twine is also an unrealistic target considering he'd likely cost around 4-5 million. 

"He's not as good as he thinks he is"

This line alone tells me that this is personal for you. Take the specs off and look at the stats and where the club is. We're not going to be signing league top scores for millions. That's the reality of our situation now.

He didn’t score last season in championship and 13 is a pretty standard return this season, we also have Windass, Gregory and Berahino who’d be ahead of him, why would we be interested in him? Face it, we’re only having this conversation cus of who he is.

6 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

MK Dons (sic) bought Twine from Swindon, so why cant we look for those gems in the making and would the fan base accept them?.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1867Heaven said:

He didn’t score last season in championship and 13 is a pretty standard return this season, we also have Windass, Gregory and Berahino who’d be ahead of him, why would we be interested in him? Face it, we’re only having this conversation cus of who he is.

Windass has scored 17 goals in 62 games for us.

Hirst has 13 in a single season for Portsmouth.

Berahino has 9 goals this season. 

The stats speak for themselves...

You're bitter over something that happened years ago. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're wrong
He's smashing goals in left right and centre right now
We'd be talking about him like we are about Twine

Time will prove one of us wrong, i predict a steady career doing what he’s doing now, odd season in the championship, he’s not a bad footballer but nothing special either, no way at all we’d be thinking of him if he wasn’t who he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Windass has scored 17 goals in 62 games for us.

Hirst has 13 in a single season for Portsmouth.

Berahino has 9 goals this season. 

The stats speak for themselves...

You're bitter over something that happened years ago. Get over it.

Ok then, what is it about his game that you think could improve us?

Just now, Bucksowl said:

Who would you have played him instead of? serious question

That's not the point at all though

I was simply asking if 13 is the expected standard of goals from strikers this season, then how many of our strikers have achieved it

Owlstalk Shop