Young George

For everyone the game 'clicks' at a different stage, no matter what their potential.

Owen Clicked early.

Ian Wright clicked late. 

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

I think I'm right in thinking his father was 23 before he'd hit double figures in a season?

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

For everyone the game 'clicks' at a different stage, no matter what their potential.

Owen Clicked early.

Ian Wright clicked late. 

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

I think I'm right in thinking his father was 23 before he'd hit double figures in a season?

22 23 I  think,  he was much better than George is at the same age. I mean, David Hirst was a complete package by George’s age and would have scored goals and been the main striker at any club in the top division. He was that good! 

I, like most, kept a eye on George Hirst today and I Thought he was quality and was one of their best players. I also thought number 17 looked decent, who and how old is he and would he be available in the summer? 

I would like us to go for young and hungry league one players. Definitely  over old “has beens” who are richer than all of us put together.

why would they even give a poo?

young and hungry all day long for me.  

12 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Thik Ozzie Owl might play more games for Leicesters first team than he ever Will.

Maybe he’s still getting decent money and is getting game time by going out on loan. 

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Benzima and Ronaldo with Gregory in the same breathe, got to be the worst comparison ever.

Gregory will have to manage his game due to age, hirst should be FULL of movement energy and have bags of match longevity in those young legs

Yep and he’s scored 13 this season. Not bad going. 

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Really?

He's done OK for a team that's finished 10th in League One. It took him a long time to get going as well.

Other than the goal, which literally anyone could have scored, what did he do today that suggests he'd be a player a top end Championship club would go in for?

23 years of age, can shoot with both feet, quick, strong, tall, hits the target, good movement, can get the ball out of his feet quickly.

Literally has all the attributes to be a top striker. Not saying he will go on to be a world beater, but those attributes will mean someone in the Championship will take a punt on him next season. 

23 years old, 13 goals. He’s a talent. 

31 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Maybe he’s still getting decent money and is getting game time by going out on loan. 

Apparently on 11k per week but Leicester will be footing part of wages. One year left on contract so either LCFC will want him signing a new deal before going out on loan again or may consider selling him. I suspect they'll extend his contract after his recent performances before going on loan to a Championship club.

Just read Danny Cowley’s view on George after the match. Seemed to be saying George has really come along in the second half of the season and has the makings of a good number 9 at this level.

Well done Danny Cowley for helping to bring the lad along, but I didn’t realise he’s 23. Those comments - while wanting him back next season - don’t make out that George is a player who’ll make it to the top league. For all our hype for the lad, at 23 I’d be hoping for more. Are we building him up more than we should because he’s David’s lad?

11 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

He’s 23 and he looks great, he’s scoring goal, quick, good football brain on him, brave, passionate (was fuming after the 4th goal) and he’s a tall physical presence now.
We need to ship Sow and Kamberi out and bring a Hirst type and a top championship striker in. 

Look in the championship there are many better strikers than Hirst. With money to spend we can get far better.

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I don't understand why people are so bitter towards lads

Probably cos he didn't sign a contract with us and went to leicesters foreign puppet club so we didn't receive any money for him after years of development meaning we not only missed out on his services but on any cash we would have been due. I reckon that's why. 

12 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

You what, he barged Hutch off it like a kid at one point.

He was a gangly beanstalk when he left - no longer.

You must be looking at a different player. Aside from the first 10 mins, he got bullied and marked out of the game. Still lanky with not much mass to him

Showed a couple of decent things, but nothing to justify the absolute arse kissing by some of our fans thinking he's the next Messiah. 

Reckon he might get to the championship at some stage in his career, but Premier League? Showed nothing to even suggest that he's close. If he wasn't already at Leicester I'd even suggest he won't get to play a game in the PL. Players grow at different times in their career I guess though

• Like 1

He looked decent yesterday and was a handful at time. But lets be honest, miscommunication between Palmer and Hutch gifted him his goal yesterday. Not having a go at either player, but it was a gift. 

Edited by No Uniform
Misspelt lets

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People scoffed at him every step of the way over the last few years

"He'll never play in English football"

"He'll never score a goal in English Football"

etc etc etc

Little smiley laughing emojoi's accompanying mocking snarling mickey taking of him

Yet here he is - bang on form, smashing in goals and his value rocketing

And he scored against us too

I can see him proving all the little laughy people more and more and more wrong every time they mock anyone suggesting he's actually a decent player

He is no longer our player and as such I take little interest in his game, apart from winding Neil up, but I hope he goes on to score the winning goal in a World cup final.