Young George

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

IMO it shouldn't be a question, if Hirst is (or will be) a good striker. 

Question is, would he be our first target? And would he ever come back to us?

I guess we can answer both questions with a "no". At least these are the questions, I would ask. 

image.png.802db44d9971e236406907371e0a5b8f.png

Interesting but how many of those are approaching the end their careers. Gregory, Vokes, Matty Taylor. Keane is a championship player now as is Michael Smith.

Alfie May and Stockton are having good seasons of course but at 28, is it worth taking the risk? 

Twine is out of our price range unfortunately and I think maybe Ross Stewart would be too. 25 years old so again, would certainly commend a fee.

Add in those equations and the list gets drastically reduced to a few players. 

It all depends on what you want for the club in the future at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Interesting but how many of those are approaching the end their careers. Gregory, Vokes, Matty Taylor. Keane is a championship player now as is Michael Smith.

Alfie May and Stockton are having good seasons of course but at 28, is it worth taking the risk? 

Twine is out of our price range unfortunately and I think maybe Ross Stewart would be too. 25 years old so again, would certainly commend a fee.

Add in those equations and the list gets drastically reduced to a few players. 

It all depends on what you want for the club in the future at the end of the day.

I would love to keep the majority of our current squad, sign Dean and Storey (if possible), another loan for BPF 

and therefore could spend all my money on Twine

anything else I would try to get on a loan or for free (I've got DM to do the miracles for me)

Hirst won't be cheap either and he surely would not want to join us. I wouldn't mind May or Stockton, but also would be open for some undiscovered gems, which Moore finds hin his cupboard.

• Like 1

he looked decent enough  yesterday  but he's not our type of player  at the moment .......the club  seem to go down the route of having  the experienced  tried and trusted player  with the odd curve ball misfit thrown in which seems to be working pretty well . 

Guest Willow Owl
On 30/04/2022 at 16:40, bigthinrob said:

Hirst was making unreal demands based on nothing.

Its years since the contract issues & he is still only on the cusp of being owt at all.

Looked averagely decent, nothing more.

Chansiri was right to stand his ground, so have no idea why you call him what you do.

If you are an “Owls maniac”, stop spouting divisive sh*t when we have just witnessed what had just gone off, with a team & manager given free rein & financed by this “nob”.

Top post mate 

Guest FoxOwl12
22 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

No and a lack of pace didn’t hinder Sheringham’s career anyway.  

Are you seriously comparing him to Sheringham. 

21 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I would love to keep the majority of our current squad, sign Dean and Storey (if possible), another loan for BPF 

and therefore could spend all my money on Twine

anything else I would try to get on a loan or for free (I've got DM to do the miracles for me)

Hirst won't be cheap either and he surely would not want to join us. I wouldn't mind May or Stockton, but also would be open for some undiscovered gems, which Moore finds hin his cupboard.

Get promoted sell the bulk of them, get in a newer higher quality squad.

Thanks lads 

• Haha 1