Happy Birthday to the man who’s made this season a success

We have the best squad in the league by a country mile, one of, if not the highest wage bill and more than enough experience to launch a promotion push right from the off.

Anything less than promotion is a massive failure, if we go up, either automatic or via the play-offs, then Moore will have achieved his objective.

The signings, formation's, substitutions and squad selection's have in the main, been quite frankly bizarre - good players get results though which is why we still have a shot at promotion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

At no point last summer did I ever think we would go straight through L1 into L2. We simply already had too many good players still at the club for that to happen.  

You could say the same about our Championship squad that got relegated from the Championship though.

Sometimes it's not just the squad but the other stuff around it that's going off

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Imagine this manager, with our next opponents squad and wage bill, would you swap either for Wycombe's?

No, but I do rate Ainsworth as a manager. Surely some bigger club will give him a go at some point. You’d think QPR would try him at some point, but I guess his playing style doesn’t appeal. 

Down here, Plymouth fans have over the years, created this anti-Wycombe, anti-Ainsworth hysteria to such an extent that somehow, Wycombe nearly always beat them. 

It is interesting that some of those people who say we should have walked this league with our current squad hardly included any of  the current players in the thread about our best combined squad in League Two/Old Div Three.

Edited by BridportOwl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Imagine this manager, with our next opponents squad and wage bill, would you swap either for Wycombe's?

It makes me wonder what job most posters on here do.

Imagine, in any business sector, having the largest overheads of all competitors and being allowed to substantially increase those overheads with your own choice of asset - and then people finding it laughable with suggestions that this person should smash it out of the park.

Would make for an interesting conversation with your boss.

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Imagine, in any business sector, having the largest overheads of all competitors and being allowed to substantially increase those overheads with your own choice of asset - and then people finding it laughable with suggestions that this person should smash it out of the park.

I'm a male underwear model, I just can't pay the bills.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I'd also be interested in other clubs wage bills and seeing if simply having the biggest wage bill means guaranteed success

(it doesnt)

The wage bill trend that everyone's jumping on the bandwagon of and trying to use as an argument that the manger is underachieving, is flawed, and is no better an argument than the one about everything going through Bannan so we'll only be a better team when he's gone

It's just the latest thing that people want to trot out because they've heard other people say it - despite it being wrong, flawed, and irrelevant

lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'd also be interested in other clubs wage bills and seeing if simply having the biggest wage bill means guaranteed success

(it doesnt)

The wage bill trend that everyone's jumping on the bandwagon of and trying to use as an argument that the manger is underachieving, is flawed, and is no better an argument than the one about everything going through Bannan so we'll only be a better team when he's gone

lol

Actually you are wrong.

There is massive synergy between wage bill and success.

And the managers with a big wage bill that underachieve get sacked.

Thats football.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

(it doesnt)

lol

Without Bannan we would be nowhere near the top 6, without his wage Bannan would be nowhere the club...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

(it doesnt)

It's just the latest thing that people want to trot out because they've heard other people say it - despite it being wrong, flawed, and irrelevant

lol

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

(it doesnt)

lol

https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/08/16/premier-league-success-is-85-per-cent-determined-by-wage-bill-in-the-nfl-its-14-per-cent-160801/

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

And that's your opinion 

Let other people have theres 

I am doing

You seem to be struggling with the concept of a forum mate 

You post your opinion

I post mine

You post your replies
I post mine

If by "And that's your opinion, Let other people have theres" you mean that I post my opinion, someone else posts theirs and then I'm supposed to immediately stop and agree with everything they say then NO - that's not how life works mate

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop