Happy Birthday to the man who’s made this season a success

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

we have BOTH judged the manager and his tactics,and formed a view,its just a different conclusion.....

I went to the Hartlepool match and was utterly dismayed at what I saw and wanted Moore to go there and then. What has happened since has shown me that he has got it right, that with everybody fit he hasn't had to shoehorn players into positions and as a result we've lost TWO matches and are hitting form just as we are at the the business end of the season...so no WE haven't judged him previously and had different views...perhaps I've forgot more about football than you know lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I went to the Hartlepool match and was utterly dismayed at what I saw and wanted Moore to go there and then. What has happened since has shown me that he has got it right, that with everybody fit he hasn't had to shoehorn players into positions and as a result we've lost TWO matches and are hitting form just as we are at the the business end of the season...so no WE haven't judged him previously and had different views...perhaps I've forgot more about football than you know lol

Havnt had one for a bit have we? UBER FAN ALERT!!....And your last comment damn's You more than i ever could...........your clearly only interested in your own view,so why are you even bothering what i say/think?.....

YOU wanted him to go.....How on earth did he manage to survive with a big time football  'UBER FAN' like you thinking that?....i BET DM didnt sleep that night.....must have been worried sick......

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The coach said:

We havnt achieved anythin yet...let’s wait and see how successful this season has been...bump the thread in a couple er week..

I'll bump it purely to see what excuse you can find for giving Moore the credit he deserves

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's always the same fans who are:

If we don't immediately get promoted it's a failure

We should have scored more goals
Bannan is the problem - everything goes through him

Players should be able to play three games a week

Flares and running on the pitch aren't a problem so stop discussing it

Moore shouldn't have been relegated even though he was in hospital with Covid and double pneumonia

Get Westwood back
Nuhiu was a donkey

Hutchinson is god

etc etc

They're always the ones having massive massive massive meltdowns after every game regardless of performance, score or result

lol

(ps - you can also tell from their posts that they're absolutely frothing at the mouth ready to slate Moore if we don't get promoted - they just can't wait for it)

It’s because they are reyt good at fifa and won the champions league on the x box or summat so they know more than Darren Moore and definitely would be able to do a better job

30 minutes ago, The coach said:

We havnt achieved anythin yet...let’s wait and see how successful this season has been...bump the thread in a couple er week..

SSsssschhh  dont let daveyboy66 see your post......didnt you know he is a football expert?....mans a legend  told me his self......

• Haha 1

We were in massive trouble when we came down. Proper dire straits.

He’s done fantastically well to a) bring in some very strong players at this level who must’ve known what a mess we were in, several of whom explicitly said he was a factor in their decisions, and b) get a proper tune out of them within 5-6 months with everything else that’s been going on. Team spirit seems excellent across the board, which hasn’t always necessarily been the case in recent years it would seem.

I really like his approach as a person too, seems like the least ‘Big I Am’ bloke ever given his position and I think he represents the club and its current direction really well.

Proud to have him at Hillsborough, and as exciting as this season has become, I won’t even judge him fully as a manager until he’s had a full season with a settled squad to work with. This season has been a pretty long shot gamble, and so far on balance it’s going well, which is certainly to his credit.

Well done Darren, best of luck for the run-in, and may it build from here whatever happens. Love it when a manager settles at S6 and digs in for a good few years, all too rare nowadays and hope it might happen for this guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Interesting observation....but is that a Cultural thing?(I lived in Germany for 2 Years) My best friend in Germany(half German/English,Squaddie 'brat') was ONLY allowed to attend a social function of his Grandparents as a member of 'staff(waiting on'!! FFS)....He wasnt seen as having enough 'status' to be a Guest...True story

Interesting story, but surely not typical German. We are weird with regard to addressing each other with the surnames (it's getting better), but the "status" is not really a thing where I live. Don't doubt his experience, but I am sure it's an exception.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

We were in massive trouble when we came down. Proper dire straits.

He’s done fantastically well to a) bring in some very strong players at this level who must’ve known what a mess we were in, several of whom explicitly said he was a factor in their decisions, and b) get a proper tune out of them within 5-6 months with everything else that’s been going on. Team spirit seems excellent across the board, which hasn’t always necessarily been the case in recent years it would seem.

I really like his approach as a person too, seems like the least ‘Big I Am’ bloke ever given his position and I think he represents the club and its current direction really well.

Proud to have him at Hillsborough, and as exciting as this season has become, I won’t even judge him fully as a manager until he’s had a full season with a settled squad to work with. This season has been a pretty long shot gamble, and so far on balance it’s going well, which is certainly to his credit.

Well done Darren, best of luck for the run-in, and may it build from here whatever happens. Love it when a manager settles at S6 and digs in for a good few years, all too rare nowadays and hope it might happen for this guy.

I think its plain to see Darren is a nice bloke,and a damn decent human being...thats a given....and agree with the sentiments expressed in your post...Hope it works out for him/us..

• Like 1

Not sure if we’ll make the playoffs as things are so tight but he’s turned things around and was big enough to ditch a system that wasn’t working, when many thought he didn’t know how to play a different system.

At SWFC though the expectations are high so he’ll only be seen as a success if he gets us up, particularly as he was in charge when we went down (not that he takes full culpability for that).

• Like 1