Steve Bruce favorite West Brom job

32 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

That aged well 

lol

Wondered how long it would take someone to mention this. He’s got a good championship record, there is obviously something drastically wrong behind the scenes at WBA? Not too dissimilar to when Pulis rocked up here.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Wondered how long it would take someone to mention this. He’s got a good championship record, there is obviously something drastically wrong behind the scenes at WBA? Not too dissimilar to when Pulis rocked up here.

I wasn’t having a go mate - I though he’d do ok there. 

Yeh summat isn’t right. 

• Love 1

On 11/03/2022 at 21:48, owls maniac said:

Wow 2 in 2 minutes. Didn’t see that coming lol 

Neither did I.

I left after their second - got back into the boozer to find it was 2-2 and for Grant to smack one against the bar.

Im glad it did hit the bar as I didn’t fancy spilling my pint everywhere

lol

• Haha 1

No offence to the West Brom fans but a team that has enjoyed 5 promotions to the Prem and consistently stable management for two decades is very much to my envy. I'd give my right arm to enjoy one promotion to the Prem with Wednesday. They are probably due a period of less fortune. Nothing personal to the club but just my feeling. 

I thought he would do better at West Brom but Bruce feels like he has gone the way of people like Pulis and Mick Mcarthy.

Managers who have had decent careers overall but they time has come and gone.

Probably Warnock as well although I thought he was past it a few times and surprised me but his the at Middlesborough felt a bit underwhelming.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

No offence to the West Brom fans but a team that has enjoyed 5 promotions to the Prem and consistently stable management for two decades is very much to my envy. I'd give my right arm to enjoy one promotion to the Prem with Wednesday. They are probably due a period of less fortune. Nothing personal to the club but just my feeling. 

None taken mate. You’re one of my favourite posters on here so I can let you off 😄

Tbh, we’ve no done to bad across our history. Over 100 years of our 143 year history has been spent in the first division.

Some of us were there to experience the less fortunate years of the late 80s and 90s where we had 16 consecutive years of not having a pot to pee in & pretty much getting battered every week 😄 we used to employ footballers who didn’t even know what time we kicked off!

I never understand the period of less fortune comments though, similar is said with Norwich. Personally, I’d love to see more self sustainable football clubs dining out in football but that’s a pipe dream. 

The last two decades were built without any external investment and without debt until the current chancers came and ****** it up. We owe so much to Megson otherwise the last two decades would have seen us ignite a rivalry with Walsall.

Admittedly, we won’t be returning anytime soon and I see us doing more of a Sunderland than returning to the Prem so at least we won’t be ruining anyones Sunday afternoons on super sunday 

Let us hope it’s not to long until ourselves and Wednesday are dining out in the top division.

lol 

• Like 2