Steve Bruce favorite West Brom job

8 hours ago, owls maniac said:

What the hell has gone on at The Hawthorns? Seemed to start the season brightly but have gone into total free fall. 

We’re all asking the same question.

there is no infrastructure behind the season following Dowlings disastrous tenure. Our owner is in the oblivion cos he wants away and successive boardroom appointments are mates of the owner.

Valball got quickly found out after we beat the Blunts and we never recovered from that.

Our players didn’t suit his physically demanding intense style of football and it was not remotely enjoyable to watch either. 

There was a massive power struggle and following fall outs with Pereira, Ajayi, Johnstone and Snodgrass the writing was on the wall.

Too many of these ******* are on long, comfortably paid contracts and their attitude is testament to that.  I have never hated a group of players as much as I do this lot

Bruce has been an utter disaster and we look worse than we did under Val.

Ultimately if you sign below average players like Mowatt, Reach & Molumby and make them the focal point of your side then don’t be surprised when you become a lower mid table side.

However, This rotten, rancid, detestable bunch of clusterfvks are going to deliver our worst league finish since 1999.

After the years of PL money that has a washed this club, that is utterly revolting in my view. Especially in a post covid world where this league does not have a pot to pee in.

Bruce has the track record in this division...but he's just come off two/three years of a well documented crappy time at Newcastle. 

Whether fair or not, I wonder if many players within the game look at him as a bit of dinosaur and past his best. We all know that word travels within football pretty quickly. Think I read somewhere that Bruce hasn't won a game of football in about 9-months. 

Edited by SiJ

20 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Ultimately if you sign below average players like Mowatt, Reach & Molumby and make them the focal point of your side then don’t be surprised when you become a lower mid table side.

Mowatt was brilliant for Barnsley and was a target for manyclubs in the division. Seemed like a bit of a coup when you got him. I know he was a player a few of us had been monitoring and hoping we'd sign over the years.

He also seemed to start well with you guys, didnt he? Think he scored a couple and I saw a lot of praise from WBA fans online.

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bruce has the track record in this division...but he's just come off two/three years of a well documented crappy time at Newcastle. 

Whether fair or not, I wonder if many players within the game look at him as a bit of dinosaur and past his best. We all know that word travels within football pretty quickly. Think I read somewhere that Bruce hasn't won a game of football in about 9-months. 

Could be an element of this. He did brilliantly for us but we had just booted Jos, the players were at a low ebb and Bruce was seen as a big coup. I imagine for the Baggies and some of their diva players that it’s failed to spark them into life. Not to mention the fact he’s probably very jaded after his torrid time at the toon. 

43 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

We’re all asking the same question.

there is no infrastructure behind the season following Dowlings disastrous tenure. Our owner is in the oblivion cos he wants away and successive boardroom appointments are mates of the owner.

Valball got quickly found out after we beat the Blunts and we never recovered from that.

Our players didn’t suit his physically demanding intense style of football and it was not remotely enjoyable to watch either. 

There was a massive power struggle and following fall outs with Pereira, Ajayi, Johnstone and Snodgrass the writing was on the wall.

Too many of these ******* are on long, comfortably paid contracts and their attitude is testament to that.  I have never hated a group of players as much as I do this lot

Bruce has been an utter disaster and we look worse than we did under Val.

However, This rotten, rancid, detestable bunch of clusterfvks are going to deliver our worst league finish since 1999.

After the years of PL money that has a washed this club, that is utterly revolting in my view. Especially in a post covid world where this league does not have a pot to pee in.

Sorry Liam about the Baggies, but we've been in free fall ourselves the last few years, and nobody has given a hoot, we'll still have a team to support even if we end up in National league

32 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Sorry Liam about the Baggies, but we've been in free fall ourselves the last few years, and nobody has given a hoot, we'll still have a team to support even if we end up in National league

We've been in trouble for a quarter of a century, no-one cares except us. I like WBA, got friends who support them, I wish them well but hope Bruce never wins another match and is sacked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Mowatt was brilliant for Barnsley and was a target for manyclubs in the division. Seemed like a bit of a coup when you got him. I know he was a player a few of us had been monitoring and hoping we'd sign over the years.

He also seemed to start well with you guys, didnt he? Think he scored a couple and I saw a lot of praise from WBA fans online.

Was he brilliant for Barnsley or did he have a season where he excelled under Ismael? 

The level of expectation between Barnsley and Albion are miles a part.   The kick and rush approach that worked wonders for Mowatt and Ismael at Barnsley just does not work for a side that are aiming for promotion because the onus is on us to win the game.

He did start off pretty well in fairness to him and scored two corkers early on. He certainly got a bounce off the new manager buzz.  However, since his injury which was around October,  his attitude since has been nothing short of a disgrace.

He ambles around the pitch - does not care for tracking midfield runners - and sums up a player who will never have it any better than what he currently has. 

He really is no better than Luongo, Bannan or Byers. Seriously. And based on his attitude he's probably worse. 

9 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Was he brilliant for Barnsley or did he have a season where he excelled under Ismael? 

The level of expectation between Barnsley and Albion are miles a part.   The kick and rush approach that worked wonders for Mowatt and Ismael at Barnsley just does not work for a side that are aiming for promotion because the onus is on us to win the game.

He did start off pretty well in fairness to him and scored two corkers early on. He certainly got a bounce off the new manager buzz.  However, since his injury which was around October,  his attitude since has been nothing short of a disgrace.

He ambles around the pitch - does not care for tracking midfield runners - and sums up a player who will never have it any better than what he currently has. 

He really is no better than Luongo, Bannan or Byers. Seriously. And based on his attitude he's probably worse. 

Can't really comment as I didn't really follow them, maybe was just a steady player for a team without much expectations, some players suit that more than joining a club with full expectations of getting promoted.

I rated him as a youngster at Leeds but they let him go, so maybe he's not as good as first thought.