Hillsborough protected

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sod your customer experience go to the cinema if you want that.  All you need is a good view and a few pubs.

'OLD SCHOOL'......and bang on.....only thing missing is the affordability,thats where S6 is out of kilter....so is football in general in many ways now,no longer affordable for many,and football,our National game,should not only be available to a minority.

We lose something as a society,when we lose that collective feeling of belonging,people have tatoo's are buried in their Clubs colours,because it MEANS something....

Christ alive, it's like some of you haven't been alive for the last 40 years, as everything of value is stripped away for the profits of owners. 

It's also like none of you have been watching football ovet the last 20 years, as year after year a series of 'they'd never do that, would they?' scenarios have indeed been done at clubs across the country all for the profits of owners. 

Yes, let's make sure our benevolent owner is in no way impeded in doing whatever he wants with an asset (Hillsborough) that has nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday - something, btw, that wasn't the case before our benevolent owner sold Hillsborough to a shell company of his own making. 

I repeat, Hillsborough has nothing to do with us. We're tenants at best. 

I'm sure that will all go really well.

Ps: We. Don't. Own. Our. Own. Ground. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

No, but you’ve missed the point I was making.

It was the exposure the event gave to the club and not the event itself.

I’ve not missed the point at all, my point was that hillsborough was never in the reckoning as Kell and his family are blades that should have been your response to all the Manchester people asking you why hillsborough didn’t go for it 

as I said in my post after the boxers that are big enough names to box outdoors, 99% of the time box either in London or at their teams football grounds the rare exception has been The millennium stadium and benn v Eubanks at old Trafford 

hillsborough along with 95% of sports stadium in the country will never be in the reckoning because there is no need for them to be 

23 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I’ve not missed the point at all, my point was that hillsborough was never in the reckoning as Kell and his family are blades that should have been your response to all the Manchester people asking you why hillsborough didn’t go for it 

as I said in my post after the boxers that are big enough names to box outdoors, 99% of the time box either in London or at their teams football grounds the rare exception has been The millennium stadium and benn v Eubanks at old Trafford 

hillsborough along with 95% of sports stadium in the country will never be in the reckoning because there is no need for them to be 

I’ve never said Hillsborough should have been in the reckoning for the Brook fight so, yes you have missed the point. I did indeed reply to those in Manchester to say Kel’s family were Blades. I did however go on to say United are miles ahead in capitalising on these things and jump on any link to others success for their own gain (fair play to them as well).

The main argument from those saying Hillsborough can’t stage events is because it’s falling down (which it isn’t) it has poor transport links (which it hasn’t) is flawed.

The main reason we don’t use Hillsborough to its full potential is a lack of ambition or commercial nouse from the current owner and most before him.

I do agree with your point on boxers not wanting to box in any stadiums outside of London.

Anyway, hour from kick off. Let’s concentrate on that

2 hours ago, parajack said:

'OLD SCHOOL'......and bang on.....only thing missing is the affordability,thats where S6 is out of kilter....so is football in general in many ways now,no longer affordable for many,and football,our National game,should not only be available to a minority.

We lose something as a society,when we lose that collective feeling of belonging,people have tatoo's are buried in their Clubs colours,because it MEANS something....

Should be nationalised 

• Like 2

We might have to actually start attracting fans aged under 40 at some point.

Who actually goes to Hillsbrough that isn't out of loyalty or tradition?

It's a pretty rubbish experience 90 percent of the time.  The concrete toilets stink, we run out of hot water in 10 minutes, its quiet most of the times on the kop and there is even an echo (that DC sign tho ;( ) and for the last two years people have been simply p@ssed off.  

I've been looking sadly at the leps for 20 years thinking just knock the dam thing down.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

We might have to actually start attracting fans aged under 40 at some point.

Who actually goes to Hillsbrough that isn't out of loyalty or tradition?

It's a pretty rubbish experience 90 percent of the time.  The concrete toilets stink, we run out of hot water in 10 minutes, its quiet most of the times on the kop and there is even an echo (that DC sign tho ;( ) and for the last two years people have been simply p@ssed off.  

I've been looking sadly at the leps for 20 years thinking just knock the dam thing down.

Loads of young uns go

On 21/01/2022 at 11:44, marshy said:

Playing devils advocate here for a min. So, DC looks to sell club to a megga rich owner. He lays his plans down as wanting to build a modern state of the art ground for the club with brand new training facilities etc. Now, or for the next 5 years at least he's prevented from doing so because of the ruling is he not? he can only develop what is already there yes?

Surely a new owner would want to sell the land IF we were to move?

Could this put someone off buying us?

Yes, any minute now an oil rich Arab was going to buy us, pump £250m into the playing side and rebuild Hillsborough into a modern day 60000 ground. That's all stopped because of the fans.

Typical.

On 21/01/2022 at 15:39, Jack the Hat said:

Liverpool have certainly stagnated over recent years.

A very strange comparision. Liverpool spent over 100 million on their new stand, with plans to spend another 60 to 80 million on further ground expansion. So who is going to spend money on improving our stadium when the ground was sold to balance the books?

15 minutes ago, Hohenschwangau said:

A very strange comparision. Liverpool spent over 100 million on their new stand, with plans to spend another 60 to 80 million on further ground expansion. So who is going to spend money on improving our stadium when the ground was sold to balance the books?

The comparison is that Anfield has the same status as now Hillsborough does. 

Meaning that if there's appetite to expand, the status doesn't prevent it. 

Guest Jack the Hat
45 minutes ago, cbirks said:

Exactly

14 hours ago, Hohenschwangau said:

You are aware that Liverpool don’t own Anfield?

17 hours ago, cbirks said:

It is still a strange comparison, Liverpool a world footballing giant can raise the money to spend over £100 million just improving the ground and at the same time maintain a competitive squad of world class players, i do not see DC raising any money for decent players never mind improving a toilet block on the Kop at Hillsborough.