Hillsborough protected

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Kentowl said:

This strikes me as a victory for stagnation. 

Liverpool have certainly stagnated over recent years.

Guest Jack the Hat
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Having Hillsborough is like a fully grown man keeping his battered old teddy from childhood that was passed through the family from the 1800s 

The grounds stuck in the 20th century and its embarrassing

People would say it has character,I'd say it's a sh!thole

Thats your opinion. I think its a work of Art. Especially the North Stand.

24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Having Hillsborough is like a fully grown man keeping his battered old teddy from childhood that was passed through the family from the 1800s 

I think sometimes people hear things often enough, it starts to become the "truth", when in reality its somewhere inbetween. Whilst no one can argue that it does require modernisation,  the stadium can still be a thing of beauty, case and point below....

On 18/01/2022 at 10:02, Portia said:

The calm before the storm

20211127_121725.jpg

20211123_165607.jpg

20211123_165604.jpg

20211123_165602.jpg

20211127_122721.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Smacks of the Trust of trying to show important they are IMO? Supporters groups never work here, never have, never will.

I agree. Football trust seeks relevancy, that's all it is. It doesn't actually make any difference at all.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luke said:

funny enough most away supporters like it. ive been to most of the faceless new grounds of the last 20 years hate them mostly.  sunderland nothing to do with score i found horrid too miles from the pitch id have it down as 1 i wont be bothered about going back to .  the ground if needed with money available can be upgraded , forest i believe are having there ground upgraded and thats an old ground.  fulham just had theres modernised i bet those 2 clubs support are delighted . west ham lost there soul when they left upton park to that horrid place they play at now ,thats not a football stadium 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, morganowl said:

funny enough most away supporters like it. ive been to most of the faceless new grounds of the last 20 years hate them mostly.  sunderland nothing to do with score i found horrid too miles from the pitch id have it down as 1 i wont be bothered about going back to .  the ground if needed with money available can be upgraded , forest i believe are having there ground upgraded and thats an old ground.  fulham just had theres modernised i bet those 2 clubs support are delighted . west ham lost there soul when they left upton park to that horrid place they play at now ,thats not a football stadium 

Your entitled to your opinion 

I suggest you check out the new spurs ground, arsenal ground and even go abroad and check out these 'bowls'

Modern 21st century grounds 

Top of the range facilities that host events other than football 

Making more money to invest in the club and sparks interest in business 

Hillsborough is 20th century dump 

That would need millions spent onit just to get it into 2022

I get it people are attracted to it but it's time people wake up abit and realise we are getting left behind on and off the pitch 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Love the Kop, due to it's sheer size and the way you can still see the shape of the hill underneath. Also the South stand looks brilliant from the outside whilst walking through the park.

I don't want to sit in an arena to watch football so I'm happy to sacrifice legroom and hipster food as a result

• Like 3

Tradition is very important for a club like Wednesday, without it we don't have much else. 

Never once struggled to get to the ground either on foot, by car or public transport. Can't see why this always gets brought up. I've certainly been to other more modern setups where it takes longer to get out of the car parks to get on your way home. 

I'd say this to Wednesday fans who want to see the back of Hillsborough. 

No. 

• Like 2

I can't imagine it ever feeling right to watch Wednesday at home in a 28,000 modern bowl. Because let's be right, if we went out and built a new stadium in the next 5-10 years it's not going to be capable of producing anything close to the kind of experiences we can still make at Hillsborough. Very few clubs in the country get to experience atmospheres like we do when the stars align every now and then, and I wouldn't want to lose that for the next 5 or so decades at least.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Luke said:

Your entitled to your opinion 

I suggest you check out the new spurs ground, arsenal ground and even go abroad and check out these 'bowls'

Modern 21st century grounds 

Top of the range facilities that host events other than football 

Making more money to invest in the club and sparks interest in business 

Hillsborough is 20th century dump 

That would need millions spent onit just to get it into 2022

I get it people are attracted to it but it's time people wake up abit and realise we are getting left behind on and off the pitch 

ive not yet been to those 2 new grounds , but i dont particularly enjoy modern grounds , wembley has great modern facilities yet i find its quite faceless and too far from the pitch , didnt like sunderland been in the clouds . id sooner out ground was kept and just modernised in time 

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

There’s plenty of other things that would put buyers off before this scenario comes into play 

It would be a signifcant factor, unless DC wasn't including the stadium in the sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

ive not yet been to those 2 new grounds , but i dont particularly enjoy modern grounds , wembley has great modern facilities yet i find its quite faceless and too far from the pitch , didnt like sunderland been in the clouds . id sooner our ground was kept and just modernised in 

That's your opinion and thousands will agree with you 

People in the business side of things will see different and that's the way I'm looking at it 

Ain't it costing 5 million a year to maintain at the sh!t standards it's at now

Hillsborough needs a hell of lot of work done it ,a stand bulldozing down, new facilities 

Only way that's going to happen under chansiri is if we get in premier league 

That ain't going to happen 

So in 10,15 years time if he is still here we will be even further behind everyone else ,with a rustbucket costing millions to maintain 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

I'd have to agree with some of the other posters. Can't see there is a huge benefit by having this. 

My thoughts as well. If the ground were to be sold what would be built on it? A super market, a few houses, flats? As a piece of land, I wonder what its real worth is? 

• Like 1

Guys, this isn't 'listed status' that means you can't do anything to it. Reading comments I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick. 

It's a status that says the site of Hillsborough is of community and social value with a football ground on it. It just means it's status as a ground - not in its existing form, just a football ground - is (more) secure, rather than at risk of being passed around to developers to do what they want with. 

Edited by cbirks