Hillsborough protected

42 minutes ago, marshy said:

Playing devils advocate here for a min. So, DC looks to sell club to a megga rich owner. He lays his plans down as wanting to build a modern state of the art ground for the club with brand new training facilities etc. Now, or for the next 5 years at least he's prevented from doing so because of the ruling is he not? he can only develop what is already there yes?

Surely a new owner would want to sell the land IF we were to move?

Could this put someone off buying us?

There’s plenty of other things that would put buyers off before this scenario comes into play 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know my views wont be shared by everyone but I have been to Derby, Stoke, Middlesborough, Coventry, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Shrewsbury and a few others and what bland soulless experiences they were.

Hillsborough and meeting people for a few drinks is about the only reason I still carry on going.

Just think West Ham and probably Everton will lose something when they move, something they will never get back.

Not going to make big bold statements saying I will never step foot inside a new Wednesday stadium but would probably not go as often.

Although think chances we will move within next 10 years are pretty slim.

My thoughts exactly

Might be wrong on this but I don’t think it stops a new owner building a new stadium. It’s stops any owner ( including the current one) from building flats on it without first offering and consulting with the locals. This is definitely a good thing. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Might be wrong on this but I don’t think it stops a new owner building a new stadium. It’s stops any owner ( including the current one) from building flats on it without first offering and consulting with the locals. This is definitely a good thing. 

No no. 

Don't start this fully explained detail on her sonnyboy

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know my views wont be shared by everyone but I have been to Derby, Stoke, Middlesborough, Coventry, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Shrewsbury and a few others and what bland soulless experiences they were.

Hillsborough and meeting people for a few drinks is about the only reason I still carry on going.

Just think West Ham and probably Everton will lose something when they move, something they will never get back.

Not going to make big bold statements saying I will never step foot inside a new Wednesday stadium but would probably not go as often.

Although think chances we will move within next 10 years are pretty slim.

I agree some of the modern indentikit stadiums are bland and souless i.e. Derby, Leicester, Southampton, Sunderland. I particularly hate Stoke's, though quite like MK's.

But a new build doesn't have to be like them, some imagination could be used to create something different.

Having Hillsborough is like a fully grown man keeping his battered old teddy from childhood that was passed through the family from the 1800s 

The grounds stuck in the 20th century and its embarrassing

People would say it has character,I'd say it's a sh!thole

• Like 5