Did Canio has his say on Lukaku

Shots fired 

Might be a bit of truth in it though… hard to say what Inter would’ve done with someone in his place - they are a good team but he must’ve suited them…. 

You do feel sometimes that he’s going to be a beast every game, but isn’t 

Seems increasingly like some Ill conceived power play on his part.

Big Rom isn't some idiot. He's a very well educated bloke, speaks several different languages etc. Has supposedly done this entirely off his own back, no club involvement, no involvement from his agents.

Basically appears to be saying: I'm your record signing. Change the system (one may draw from that the manager too) or I want out in the January window. 

Either that or it is some very poorly conceived way of trying to appease Inter Milan fans. But if it was just that, why throw in the comments about playing styles, not being happy with the current situation, claim that Chelsea were in fact only his fifth choice?!

Edited by SiJ

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s unbelievably naive by Lukaku. They need to sell him, and whoever signs him should offer reduced wages as he needs to prove his loyalty 

I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole 

Where will he go? Can’t see anyone being able to afford him. 

He’ll be back in the side in a few weeks is my bet. 

Not sure where this change of system thing has come from too?

Hasn’t Tuchel always gone three at the back with wing backs? From the outside looking in it appears to me he’s tweaked the system in the final third very slightly in light of the fact Lukaku was out injured?

Now Lukaku is back fit, this is surely how Chelsea were always going to set up this season. Very strange interview and there must be something bigger behind it all. 

Didn't Inter also play with three at the back? Pretty sure that is the Conte system and the one that Tuchel has largely emulated.

Perhaps the one difference is in Italy Lukaku had a strike partner, whilst Chelsea operate with two number 10s playing off a lone striker?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Didn't Inter also play with three at the back? Pretty sure that is the Conte system and the one that Tuchel has largely emulated.

Perhaps the one difference is in Italy Lukaku had a strike partner, whilst Chelsea operate with two number 10s playing off a lone striker?

And since when was it up to the player to decide how his manager wants to play?! Lukaku is one of the first names on the teamsheet when he’s fit. Lone striker or with a strike partner it’s not like he’s isolated on his own in that Chelsea squad is it.