Walkout Music

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Lots of  teams use walk out music not from their area and that is years older than Waterfront.

Blue moon is an 1930's american song. 

Barcas is theirs but it is 50 years old. 

YNWA is 1960's

I am not saying that Waterfront is the best song for us but it is associated with us and has been for a long time I think its a great song. 

Aye mate but City’s fans sing Blue moon and we don’t sing Waterfront so that’s completely different. And whilst that’s not where it came from, the song also has a slight relevance with City’s colours. What relevance does Waterfront have to us?

Gerry and the Pacemaker’s who did their version of YNWA were from Merseyside.

Barca’s anthem is their song. 

I’m not against old songs per se, the Hearts song is from the 60s, but it’s a club song. It’s about Hearts and Barca’s is about Barcelona.

Waterfront is just an old pop song. It has had its day. 

On 18/12/2021 at 09:52, Inspector Lestrade said:

Lets walkout to the fans applauding and cheering and no more Heigho Sheffield Wednesday.

Dreadful. At best it sounds like a third rate pantomime

NO. I love this pantomime, as does my son. 

20 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Aye mate but City’s fans sing Blue moon and we don’t sing Waterfront so that’s completely different. And whilst that’s not where it came from, the song also has a slight relevance with City’s colours. What relevance does Waterfront have to us?

I’m not against old songs per se, the Hearts song is from the 60s, but it’s a club song. It’s about Hearts and Barca’s is about Barcelona.

Valid points, although YNWA is used by other clubs not just Liverpool.

I would also disagree that Waterfront for many Wednesday fans  is not 'just an old pop song' because if that was the case it could be replaced by any other old pop song.

I think becasue we have used it for as long as we have that the tune does 'belong' to Wednesday.

But as I said you make valid points. I just dont agree with them

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Valid points, although YNWA is used by other clubs not just Liverpool.

No no no not having this

That song is universally known as Liverpools

It’s a Liverpool song by a Liverpool band who were born in Liverpool and who support Liverpool 

Lets not try claiming anything else 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I would also disagree that Waterfront for many Wednesday fans  is not 'just an old pop song' because if that was the case it could be replaced by any other old pop song.

It’s definitely just another old pop song 

Has zero links to SWFC

Represents failure too 

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No no no not having this

That song is universally known as Liverpools

It’s a Liverpool song by a Liverpool band who were born in Liverpool and who support Liverpool 

Lets not try claiming anything else 

Yes it is predominenetly Liverpools song.

But as least two clubs to my knowledge Celtic and Dortmund use it if not as their anthem as one of their regular songs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Yes it is predominenetly Liverpools song.

But as least two clubs to my knowledge Celtic and Dortmund use it if not as their anthem as one of their regular songs

There is a lot of copying of songs in football to be fair. Celtic do sing YNWA but Celtic’s main anthem is the Celtic song, and that’s what they come out to.

Funnily enough that song has been copied too, Everton have their version of ‘It’s a Grand Old Team’ that they brought out after Celtic. Hibs also sing It’s a Grand Old Team too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

It was written by Rogers and Hammerstein as part of their musical carousel and they were American.

Correct,

I also believe  that a couple of North Stand Pointers whilst doing missionary work in Glasgow  helped simple minds with Waterfront.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Liverpool don't don't YNWA cos they are Merseyside lads btw.

They used to play the top 10 before kick off in the 60s at Anfield. Obviously YNWA was a bit hit and was in top 10 for weeks. Fans enjoyed signing it, and when it disappeared from the top 10, they all chanted it anyway and asked for it to return. So it did.

I dont mind it. I wouldn't care if they didn't come out to anything to be honest, why do you need a walk on song anyway? 

I also wouldn't be happy if we just chose a random Sheffield band song. It would just be like we are then trying to force a connection with a band/song just because they are from Sheffield.

If they came out to a rendition of Singing the Blues then it would be fine.