Walkout Music

Common perception is Wednesday have no connection to Simple Minds (masterminds of "The Waterfront")

And yet at the same time we are inextricably linked in the destruction of English football, and Sheffield Wednesday.

Let's own it, and change the walk out music to Alive and Kicking... Because we still are....

garymegson

Guest Grandad

We are at the edge of a River that occasionally floods the pitch

Waterfront is as appropriate as anything

I think we should bring back 2 Unlimited - All read for this for the 2nd half too

Waterfront is one of the better ones. 

A lot of English football walkout themes or pre-match songs are quite odd and seem sort of out of place given that you are about to watch a competitive sport. 

I wouldn't say a lot of them are what you would think of when wanting to get geed up. Has anyone got geed up listening to the theme song for Z-cars? 

It's not quite the Chicago Bulls coming out to Sirius or something, is it? 

We’ve been here before. Leave it alone.
It’s one of the better walkout base lines in the country.

I W ent to to Bayern  Munich and was disappointed with their blast of One long note of low base…😐?!

I love it - it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up (when the kop PA isn’t playing up!!)  and as Trev says - it really is a link back to when we were very good…..we were honest!

Think OT were part of the push for new tunes few seasons back and it was a car crash tbh 

So, good idea but not many translate to big crap speakers in a stadium.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Love the waterfront..it’s gotta be one of the best walk outs in the country imo..but would love it if we ditched the hi ho nonsense..it’s good at a weddin do at 1 in morning to see who most in the room support..but it shudnt be anywhere near a match day..imo

• Like 2

It is a few years since we’ve had this debate on here!

It’s a shame there isn’t a proper ‘Wednesday’ song or anthem like many clubs have, if there was an old song which was 100% Wednesday then I think an old song would be acceptable, but personally I think we should be using something local. There are several excellent Sheffield bands, many of whom are Wednesday fans, surely there must be something we could use?

Waterfront in my opinion is total pish. One of the best walkout songs in the country? Jeez you folks are mental.

Yes it’s nostalgic, yes it reminds us of better times, but it’s a pretty crap song, it’s ancient, the young laddies running onto the pitch for us listening to it must be thinking WTF, and like many other elements of the club we seem unable to move on from our past.

That song is not going to get our young players going under any circumstances!

Waterfront belongs either A) at Celtic Park because they are Celtic fans, or B) in a bygone era. 

And BTW despite Simple Minds all being huge Celtic fans, Celtic never EVER play it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2