2 Wins in 10 League Games

20 minutes ago, paulrs said:

It’s not just the results, which granted are poor, it’s the performances, the constant tinkering, changing winning teams, playing people out of position, the stubbornness to stop playing out from the back or switch to 4-4-2, the lack of  cohesion or defined style of play, or any signs at all that the team is gelling. And then there are the baffling interviews from a man sadly lacking in intelligence or ability to communicate. 

People say Jos was bad, but he inherited someone else’s squad, suffered crippling injury problems, could barely speak the language and could point to a track record of winning promotion. Moore can’t fall back on any of these - he’s just crap.

totally agree . everyone had it in for jos, but he took on an impossible job ,crippling injures etc etc but darren moore takes it to a new low. even saying a draw aint bad today against lincoln with crippling injures near the bottom of the league . 

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know why we have to mention the interviews or infer a lack of intelligence from them. Very few football managers say anything worthwhile in the press conferences.. he’s no worse than Monk in that respect.

I agree with the rest though re formations, style of play and team selections and for those reasons he has to go as it’s not going to click and the writing is on the wall. Might as well twist and see if someone else can get us up like Sturrock and Jones the last 2 times 

Fair comment and I don’t really like the personal abuse it verges on sometimes. Better to stay classy always. But I think it has some relevance because right from his earliest interviews I thought he talked in a confusing way with mixed metaphors and using the wrong words. It was like he was trying to sound more intelligent than he actually was. And if it was so blindingly obvious to me then, then his communication with the players has to be questioned. 

• Like 1

I have always stood by our existing manager whoever he is but this has got to stop.

I want Moore to succeed because I want the team to succeed but we are rudderless. The team haven't got a clue how to play together, they don't seem to know what they are supposed to do. Playing out from the back is beyond them but Lincoln today managed it fine, so have most of the teams we have played. The passage of play just before Iorfa got injured was farcical.

Chopping and changing the formation isn't working

Moore needs to sort it or go,  he's failed to sort it so far so I've got to say it's time for him to depart.

Before we played WImbledon last week, Wimbledon, Cambridge and Lincoln were 15th 16th and 17th in league and we haven't beaten any of them and been outplayed for large parts of those games.

Even the mighty Shrewsbury managed 4 past Cambridge today.

Anyway onto Cheltenham, there a lofty 13th, who got beat by Donny today.

• Thanks 1

Did anyone hear Paul Warne on radio Sheff afterwards?

Talked about how they dominated for 90 minutes, pressed and harried.

Worked hard to let the skill do it's job.

Said 'boo hoo' about players who might say they're tired as they get paid handsomely to be fit and ready.

And they scored 3 without reply. Away.

Are you listening Darren? Chansiri??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1