Hungary: two matches behind closed doors (Racism)

Kopparberg

Hungary have been ordered to play two matches behind closed doors by Fifa following the racism English players experienced at the World Cup qualifier in Budapest on 2 September.

However, the second ground closure is suspended for two years.

The Hungarian Football Federation has also been fined £158,400 (200,000 Swiss Francs).

"Fifa takes a clear zero tolerance stance against such abhorrent behaviour in football," read Fifa's statement. 

The governing body added that it remained "firm and resolute in rejecting any form of racism and violence as well as any other form of discrimination or abuse".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58642558

Absolutely pathetic, should be banned from world football for 3 months, then 6 months, then 9 months etc. etc. until they wake up and join the 21st century. Teams due to play them should get a bye and instead play a friendly with the proceeds going to anti-racism charities.

• Like 2

UEFA and now FIFA lack the will to deal with this, and the penalty outcomes over the years have been laughable.

Many east European countries have a in-grained indifference to overt racism - many of the wider crowd in Hungary seemed complicit with the fascist behind the goal. I assume it's a culture and they will presumably be confused why the wider-world find it disgusting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

many of the wider crowd in Hungary seemed complicit with the fascist behind the goal. I assume it's a culture and they will presumably be confused why the wider-world find it disgusting.

I get that feeling too. 

I also think their idiot ‘fans’ will care that they miss a game or two - in the hooligan world it feels like they all live for the ‘big day out’ that they can tug themselves off to and remember fondly.