Berahino Interview with Rio

Good podcast...interesting. 
as a few have reiterated Moore knows him n what he’s about. Knows him from his best times at WBA. If Spurs offered 20m he must have been decent. 
Maybe did stuff wrong, young n daft but maybe brought down to earth after stoke debacle and grown up a bit now. Sure he won’t want to mess DM about and if what I read was true about pay as u play deal then surely will not want be dropped. 
If DM gets him firing and instils confidence in him we could have a proper striker on our hands, like top scorer in league I’m thinking. Good age. 
seems strange how doesn’t seem done much in Belgium and also got loaned out there. Hirst failed in Belgium as well. 
im excited to see how this pans out. 
Has my backing soon as puts that shirt on. 

11 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Good podcast...interesting. 
as a few have reiterated Moore knows him n what he’s about. Knows him from his best times at WBA. If Spurs offered 20m he must have been decent. 
Maybe did stuff wrong, young n daft but maybe brought down to earth after stoke debacle and grown up a bit now. Sure he won’t want to mess DM about and if what I read was true about pay as u play deal then surely will not want be dropped. 
If DM gets him firing and instils confidence in him we could have a proper striker on our hands, like top scorer in league I’m thinking. Good age. 
seems strange how doesn’t seem done much in Belgium and also got loaned out there. Hirst failed in Belgium as well. 
im excited to see how this pans out. 
Has my backing soon as puts that shirt on. 

He did ok in Belgium , played out wide a lot 10 in 46 out wide 

not bad

Watched this last night and felt a bit mixed in how he came across tbh, yes some of the paparazzi stuff is horrific for a young kid, his treatment as a piece of meat in front of his mum etc. Etc. 

However, talking about his "sacking" from Stoke and him saying "getting robbed caused him to be sacked" was disingenuous to say the least, he shouldn't have been out drinking the night before a game, reserves or otherwise, he certainly shouldn't be driving under the influence whether "10 seconds" or not, and he failed to mention this was his fourth offence of drink driving right? 

Just hope his 2 years away in Belgium has helped get his head right, just feels a little bit like all this stuff happened to him and it wasn't his fault was the way he came across a bit. 

Of course everyone has a past and everyone makes mistakes as they mature, I lost my dad at 21, took me the better part of a decade to recover from that and I can't even comprehend how difficult it'd be to lose your dad at 10 so I hope mentally, spiritually he's in a really good place now, I hope he loves playing for us, thrives as a player and a person and is able to rebuild his life in England and set himself on a good path for the future, football career and beyond.

• Like 4

Comes across really well in this.

Sounds like we really need to make him feel at home at SWFC. The  need to be “loved” screams out from the video. Clearly looks up to DM, let’s back him and this could be a fantastic signing.

My attempt at a chant…..

Saido Berahino, Saido Berahino

Scores goals wherever he go

Travels round in a limo

Should have stuck to cappuccino 😀

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Watched this last night and felt a bit mixed in how he came across tbh, yes some of the paparazzi stuff is horrific for a young kid, his treatment as a piece of meat in front of his mum etc. Etc. 

However, talking about his "sacking" from Stoke and him saying "getting robbed caused him to be sacked" was disingenuous to say the least, he shouldn't have been out drinking the night before a game, reserves or otherwise, he certainly shouldn't be driving under the influence whether "10 seconds" or not, and he failed to mention this was his fourth offence of drink driving right? 

Just hope his 2 years away in Belgium has helped get his head right, just feels a little bit like all this stuff happened to him and it wasn't his fault was the way he came across a bit. 

Of course everyone has a past and everyone makes mistakes as they mature, I lost my dad at 21, took me the better part of a decade to recover from that and I can't even comprehend how difficult it'd be to lose your dad at 10 so I hope mentally, spiritually he's in a really good place now, I hope he loves playing for us, thrives as a player and a person and is able to rebuild his life in England and set himself on a good path for the future, football career and beyond.

I think you’re 100% right with the bit about losing his job at Stoke. The way he spoke then was a bit embarrassing I think. The reason he lost his job was because he had been out drinking. He even said himself that 48 hours before a game you cannot go out, the reason he got caught was because of the robbery. 

that said, in the most part I think he comes across pretty well. Sounds like he wants to come back to England and do well. His time away according to him as helped clear his head. He has gone from being one of the young ones, to a well respected senior player, with the manager even asking him his advice on certain things. 

the bit about Darren Moore and SWFC was particularly interesting. When he was at Stoke DM tried to take him back to West Brom but Stoke pulled the plug at the last minute. When he was speaking to DM after he got the Wednesday job he told him he had to stay in the champ then he was coming back to help next year (which would be this season) yet he’s come despite us going down. That can be for no other reason than DM. 

I really hope this works out for DM

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 18:34, northeastowl said:

There’s acting like a child which is one thing. We can all be dicks and so stupid stuff. 

Getting caught driving under the influence 4 times is taking the ******** though. Luckily he’s not hurt anyone. 

At the end of the day if Darren Moore thinks he can change him fair play. Just don’t be surprised when he doesn’t and everyone moans that he was a waste of a wage. 

That’s the point it will be touted as Chansiri’s fu**k up. Definitely NOT Darren Moore’s.

🤣