Berahino Interview with Rio

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Posted this in other thread 

never judge a book by its cover I got from it 

he needs good people around him though 

Every player does the “changed man” routine. All four of the DUIs he got caught on could have been a Lee Hughes scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Every player does the “changed man” routine. All four of the DUIs he got caught on could have been a Lee Hughes scenario.

When I was 21/22, I was not an absolute tail.  Nope.  Not me!  I was a saint, I did everything by the book and didn't get into any trouble whatsoever.  I certainly didn't get arrested, or nearly die in a stupid drunken accident in a hotel in Bali.  

I'd like to think we can all say the same.

Welcome Saido.  💙

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

When I was 21/22, I was not an absolute tail.  Nope.  Not me!  I was a saint, I did everything by the book and didn't get into any trouble whatsoever.  I certainly didn't get arrested, or nearly die in a stupid drunken accident in a hotel in Bali.  

I'd like to think we can all say the same.

Welcome Saido.  💙

He was a still a tosspot at 26 as well: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ravel-morrison-hits-back-glen-18864010

What age does one stop condoning it?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Father died at 10

Fled to England not Speaking the  language to live with his mum as a refugee 

got told he wouldn’t be sold i front if his mother unless a 30 million bud came in ( made his mother cry ) felt like an object 

lads made some poor decisions 

but he’s probably been through more some can imagine on here 

it’s hard for me to justify what he’s done but it’s harder to try and understand what it’s like going through key problems in his life that he’s faced without having the right guidence and discipline around me 

and I didn’t grow up until I was 31 and my son was born even now I like to act like a child 

I think sometimes instead of trying to pick everyone’s faults to bit as fans we can do our hit by supporting their efforts they put in when wearing our shirt 

There’s acting like a child which is one thing. We can all be dicks and so stupid stuff. 

Getting caught driving under the influence 4 times is taking the ******** though. Luckily he’s not hurt anyone. 

At the end of the day if Darren Moore thinks he can change him fair play. Just don’t be surprised when he doesn’t and everyone moans that he was a waste of a wage. 

• Like 3

Just now, northeastowl said:

There’s acting like a child which is one thing. We can all be dicks and so stupid stuff. 

Getting caught driving under the influence 4 times is taking the ******** though. Luckily he’s not hurt anyone. 

At the end of the day if Darren Moore thinks he can change him fair play. Just don’t be surprised when he doesn’t and everyone moans that he was a waste of a wage. 

I’ll not be surprised or moan 

As redknapp said when he signed do Camio from us for West Ham 

“I don’t care what anyone says I’ve signed a f&@king genius” went on to be a West Ham legend 

we’re a league one club this could be an obscene player for us on the pitch 

it’s what I pay my money for to see it in the pitch 

I’ve 0 influence on wages, dressing room, personalities, professionalism and I trust those that do to manage that 

so have we signed a player of quality at this level 

I’d like to think yes 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's never too late to realise the error of one's ways.

True but I’d rather our club wasn’t involved in his rehabilitation. Is the gamble that, against all the odds, he rediscovers his form of 2016 worth the negatives of employing a driunk, drug cheat who fell out with Brentford, WBA and Stoke? None of his previous clubs have fought to keep him  Why would we want him ?

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

True but I’d rather our club wasn’t involved in his rehabilitation. Is the gamble that, against all the odds, he rediscovers his form of 2016 worth the negatives of employing a driunk, drug cheat who fell out with Brentford, WBA and Stoke? None of his previous clubs have fought to keep him  Why would we want him ?

Personally, I'm happy to judge him based on what he does from this point onwards.

He's spoken previously about his battles with depression and how he feels he wasn't mature enough in parts of his career.

We'll see how it pans out. Certainly the natural ability is there for him to be a cut above at this level. Hopefully he's willing and able to do the right things to get his career back on track.

As for being a 'drugs cheat', that's not quite accurate: he was banned for taking a recreational drug, not a performance-enhancing one. There's nothing to suggest he's a cheat.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I’ll not be surprised or moan 

As redknapp said when he signed do Camio from us for West Ham 

“I don’t care what anyone says I’ve signed a f&@king genius” went on to be a West Ham legend 

we’re a league one club this could be an obscene player for us on the pitch 

it’s what I pay my money for to see it in the pitch 

I’ve 0 influence on wages, dressing room, personalities, professionalism and I trust those that do to manage that 

so have we signed a player of quality at this level 

I’d like to think yes 

Di Canio was nuts but he was an absolute professional.. one of the main reasons he was the player he was. He trained at 100% all the time by all accounts and wasn’t impressed by some players around him

These other players are the opposite of that, and that’s why they slide down the leagues 

Sooner or later we’ll get lucky with one of these kind of signings? Will be this player...have my doubts think it’ll be another Andre green scenario? We all make mistakes in life and sometimes you’ve made it before realising wot you have done. It’s learning from them and not doing it again that’s the important part . It’s never too late to change and hopefully proved me and 1000s of others wrong knuckles down bangs loads in gets us up maybe gets himself a big move again ( might be part of deal if all goes right) . I have my doubts just my opinion.....go on kid prove me wrong 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Di Canio was nuts but he was an absolute professional.. one of the main reasons he was the player he was. He trained at 100% all the time by all accounts and wasn’t impressed by some players around him

These other players are the opposite of that, and that’s why they slide down the leagues 

Except of course when he walked out Celtic, and went back to Italy, oh yeah and when he walked out on us and went back to Italy. I love DiCanio, but let’s not try and rewrite history. 

• Like 1

The ability he has he should have been setting the Belgian league alight, but he barely did anything there which is really strange, if anyone can get the old Saido out of him it's 100% Darren Moore so for that sense I'll see it as an exciting signing and not worry about what has gone on before!

• Like 1