Barry Bannan

18 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

I take it you didn't watch either game then? 

BB never layed a glove on Wing...

‘Took him to school’ 

lol

It’s just one of those sh ite phrases. If you’d have said outplayed him then fair enough but no, he ‘took him to school’

:duntmatter:

Guest Grandad

I love seeing Owlstalkers, without any sense of irony whatsoever, say they don't rate our best player.

Our best player by far.

I imagine them sat at home like this

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I love seeing Owlstalkers, without any sense of irony whatsoever, say they don't rate our best player.

Our best player by far.

I imagine them sat at home like this

giphy.gif

It's not Owlstalkers as such but our fanbase in general

Never known our fans to be as grumpy and mardy about our own players as they are in the last few years

Also all time record levels of 'bitter' when our players leave to other clubs

Our fans used to be famous for their wit and personality and the funniest songs and chants and doing a conga when 5 nil down
These days our fanbase is known for hating it's own players and crying like babies over the slightest little thing they don't agree with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never known our fans to be as grumpy and mardy about our own players as they are in the last few years

Its like they don't recognise that our refusal to bring in quality players since Jordan Rhodes has contributed to our downfall

And that they actually blame the sub standard players we rought in for refusing to get us promoted.

20 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

In the last 4 years we have scored 217 goals in the Championship. Bannan our CHIEF creator and midfield playmaker, has contributed to 36 of them, either with and assist or the goal itself.  

You do realise that when a midfield creator passes to the strikers to score a goal, that they then have to actually SCORE A GOAL right?
E.g the strikers have to get the pass from him and put the ball past the keeper
They have to score otherwise Bannan doesn't get an assist

I'd hazard a guess that for the last 4 years you've been moaning that our strkers are rubbish, but are now trying to tell us that it's Bannan's fault?

Come on now

Stop being silly

You're embarrassing yourself here

PS Bannan usually doesn't pass to the strikers - he starts moves off by playing the ball out to wingers or other more forward placed players who then supply to the strikers

Literally every part of your logic doesn't make sense. It just makes you look like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that when a midfield creator passes to the strikers to score a goal, that they then have to actually SCORE A GOAL right?
E.g the strikers have to get the pass from him and put the ball past the keeper
They have to score otherwise Bannan doesn't get an assist

I'd hazard a guess that for the last 4 years you've been moaning that our strkers are rubbish, but are now trying to tell us that it's Bannan's fault?

Come on now

Stop being silly

You're embarrassing yourself here

PS Bannan usually doesn't pass to the strikers - he starts moves off by playing the ball out to wingers or other more forward placed players who then supply to the strikers

Literally every part of your logic doesn't make sense. It just makes you look like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

lol

That's totally fine with me mate. 

48 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Our best player by far.

You don't have to have stats to recognise our top player but you do have to know something about football...I think that's where the problem lies lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fans used to be famous for their wit and personality and the funniest songs and chants and doing a conga when 5 nil down
These days our fanbase is known for hating it's own players and crying like babies over the slightest little thing they don't agree with

I think it's much more complex than this. The fans don't hate BB, and they know how technically good BB is  - his control; vision, passing and skill is top-end Championship and no doubt could have made a living in the PL with us or other in his prime.

The main issue is his shear dominance of the side when he plays - everything goes through him; like the Di Canio/Carbone days which didn't end well, when there were/are lessor standard of players around them. Fair play to him, he steps up and takes responsibility and it's not his issue; it's the clubs for not creating the right balance of players for a successful team over the last 3 years or so.

BB becomes the focal point of fans' frustration - simply because of the above IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1