Barry Bannan

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Only 4 players made more key passes per game than Bannan in the Championship last season.

Players tend to do better against weaker opposition, so there's a decent chance he'll be towards the top end for creativity again in League One.

Agree with this. Plus we had 2 of the most anti football / negative managers in our history which stifled his game.

He will be a stand out player again this season 100%

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Yeah but he doesn't track back and can't tackle according to his haters.

Apart from that goal saving tackle on Sunday but I assume they've acknowledged that? 

Anybody who saw that couldn't question his desire to be here, a player who is "going through the motions" because he'd rather be elsewhere doesn't make a tackle like that.

Of course most of the haters on here wouldn't have seen it as they don't go to home games.lol 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Think it’s the fact that we appear to have got Byers for nothing that some sort of exchange deal is involved. Have to say it’s highly unusual to get a contracted player from a top end Championship side on a free.

I think the Byers type of deal is something you’ll see more of in the current climate. Didn’t we actually get Bannan in similar circumstances?

2 hours ago, Sid Vicious said:

Bang average at best ? 😂 am just going to answer your question before you answer my question back. I think and its only a bunch why so many Wednesday fans like bannan is because he is a very good footballer and everything we do going forward for the past 3 or 4 seasons goes through bannan. When he hasn't played we have no link, he does try one to many Hollywood passes on occasion but fans will argue he's trying to force play or create something out of nothing. As said he does work hard he does track back and make challenges but what I would say is watch him this season and see what he does. I wont be the only one who doesn't agree with you on this but football is all about opinions even if some are laughable 🙄

How many goals and assists in the last 3 seasons?

• Like 1

Guest Borbon
6 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Thats so "owlstalk" eg always try to find a negative where there isnt one !

New to this malarkey so forgive me.

So having someone on your books taking over £100 K a month in the third division is a good thing?

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I still don't think Bannan works in a 4-2-3-1, think he almost necessitates playing a 4-3-3.

That said...

BPF

Hunt        Iorfa          Hutch         Palmer

Adeniran

Wing                   Bannan

Corbeanu                                   Shodipo

Striker

Looks a very strong League One side to me. If the striker is capable of banging in 15 this season we should be in a very good spot

No Luongo??

He's a quality midfielder and if he's fit again should be in the team every week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think the Byers type of deal is something you’ll see more of in the current climate. Didn’t we actually get Bannan in similar circumstances?

I assumed Bannan had been released, but it seems ages ago and I can’t remember the details. Could be that Swansea parachute money is coming to an end and just need a few off the payroll.

1 hour ago, abdiwonderland said:

How many goals and assists in the last 3 seasons?

I dont think bannan gets judged on his goals fella 🤔 however u don't like bannan we all get that and it's your opinion but you have to accept not many fans are going to agree with you. Like I said earlier am sure u will have a season ticket and will be watching him on a regular basis this season to see how he performs on a regular basis and see how he has performed at the end of the season 😉

4 hours ago, TheSlicer said:

People will still say he’s leaving. 

Wouldn't be the first player to show loyalty to a cause snd stay, to put right the relagation he was part of.. 

Football is also littered with statement making, badge kissers that suddenly did a runner the moment they saw more more money and greener grass, so who knows. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sid Vicious said:

I dont think bannan gets judged on his goals fella 🤔 however u don't like bannan we all get that and it's your opinion but you have to accept not many fans are going to agree with you. Like I said earlier am sure u will have a season ticket and will be watching him on a regular basis this season to see how he performs on a regular basis and see how he has performed at the end of the season 😉

Ill be going to most home games and as I have done the last few years and base my judgement on what he is in the side to do. Create. Of which he does very little. You cant argue with that. 

Nothing against the man. I just think he's a massively overrated footballer. 

I don't hold it against you rate him, that's your prerogative. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Ill be going to most home games and as I have done the last few years and base my judgement on what he is in the side to do. Create. Of which he does very little. You cant argue with that.  

Apart from his stats that shows he does
And pretty much every opposition manager, writer, pundits, commentator that disagrees with you
And all those giving awards out for best player of the match, of the season etc

You know

Apart from all that

Basically anyone and everyone involved in football disagrees with your views 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from his stats that shows he does
And pretty much every opposition manager, writer, pundits, commentator that disagrees with you
And all those giving awards out for best player of the match, of the season etc

You know

Apart from all that

Basically anyone and everyone involved in football disagrees with your views 

That's ok isn't it? 

1 minute ago, abdiwonderland said:

That's ok isn't it? 

It is if you were to say "It's my personal opinion that Barry Bannan is rubbish" because then you qualify it as just your opinion (which it is - and you're entitled to it)

But when you start claiming he's rubbish as fact when every single statistic and professional opinion shows that he isn't - well that's just silly isn't it

lol

Owlstalk Shop