Barry Bannan

Top lad, Baz! I always thought he would stay.

I did think that he sounded throughly cheesed off when he gave that interview 5 or 6 weeks ago but the positivity has returned with the players being paid and also we’ve brought fresh blood in. He will be ready to go again and try and get us up. 

I still don't think Bannan works in a 4-2-3-1, think he almost necessitates playing a 4-3-3.

That said...

BPF

Hunt        Iorfa          Hutch         Palmer

Adeniran

Wing                   Bannan

Corbeanu                                   Shodipo

Striker

Looks a very strong League One side to me. If the striker is capable of banging in 15 this season we should be in a very good spot

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Someone humour me. 

What does he do that will make him "the best player in the league". 

I like him, but him, as a footballer I think he's bang average, at best. 

Says the poster who thinks we all live in a Abdi Wonderland!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What's the logic behind that question?

Doesn't really fit into the system we are playing, high earner, potential transfer value to pay for some of the other incomings as we must be close to the spending limits in league one

Allegedly put in his notice a few weeks ago

Oh and on a personal level was a bit of an embarrassment on Saturday throwing himself to the ground and had zero influence on the game

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Someone humour me. 

Bang average at best ? 😂 am just going to answer your question before you answer my question back. I think and its only a bunch why so many Wednesday fans like bannan is because he is a very good footballer and everything we do going forward for the past 3 or 4 seasons goes through bannan. When he hasn't played we have no link, he does try one to many Hollywood passes on occasion but fans will argue he's trying to force play or create something out of nothing. As said he does work hard he does track back and make challenges but what I would say is watch him this season and see what he does. I wont be the only one who doesn't agree with you on this but football is all about opinions even if some are laughable 🙄

13 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Someone humour me. 

Only 4 players made more key passes per game than Bannan in the Championship last season.

Players tend to do better against weaker opposition, so there's a decent chance he'll be towards the top end for creativity again in League One.

• Like 1

With Bannan playing further up the pitch he improves any team, but if he plays the role he has for the last 2 season then for me he needs to be moved on. We played Reach out of position for half of the time he was with us and he still scored 20+ goals and made nearly 30 assists in 200+ games, just think how good he could have been had he played left wing and been paid on time.

Bannan for me is the same when playing as a holding midfielder he is an expensive luxury, when playing as an attacking midfield he is an important cog. Byers is now the holding midfielder, if this is where Bannan see himself, then thank you for the service but getting his wages off the books and a fee helps the team stay within the allowed rules.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Doesn't really fit into the system we are playing, high earner, potential transfer value to pay for some of the other incomings as we must be close to the spending limits in league one

Allegedly put in his notice a few weeks ago

Oh and on a personal level was a bit of an embarrassment on Saturday throwing himself to the ground and had zero influence on the game

Agree that he has his limitations but as we appear to be nowhere close to signing a goal scorer, I can see him being here for the present season.   

38 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Someone humour me. 

I think humour would be wasted on you.