Season Ticket in the West Stand

Now we are back in the old third division it takes me back to some of the best times we ever had supporting Wednesday. 
We watched the 79-80 promotion season from the centre of the West Stand. While getting to and succeeding in the first division was amazing in the 80s and then of course the early 90s was another level, those third division times live in my heart forever.

I would love it now that away followings are likely to me much smaller, if the club would open up the upper West again to home fans and offer season tickets. 

I would not pay £750 for a south stand ticket, but as an old school, disaffected fan, I would drive up from Nottingham for home games and sit in the West Stand with my kids.

Maybe we could claim then to be at the lowest ever home crowd, as we might beat the 6905 against Colchester! 

Hot Bovril, low crowds, best view in the ground.

It. can’t make up for being this bad at the moment, but one else want to sit in the West Stand? 

it would be a nice move from the club to open the West up for our fans. And if SAG think we’re going to throw bags of wee over the away fans....we promise not to.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

Now we are back in the old third division it takes me back to some of the best times we ever had supporting Wednesday. 
We watched the 79-80 promotion season from the centre of the West Stand. While getting to and succeeding in the first division was amazing in the 80s and then of course the early 90s was another level, those third division times live in my heart forever.

I would love it now that away followings are likely to me much smaller, if the club would open up the upper West again to home fans and offer season tickets. 

I would not pay £750 for a south stand ticket, but as an old school, disaffected fan, I would drive up from Nottingham for home games and sit in the West Stand with my kids.

Maybe we could claim then to be at the lowest ever home crowd, as we might beat the 6905 against Colchester! 

Hot Bovril, low crowds, best view in the ground.

It. can’t make up for being this bad at the moment, but one else want to sit in the West Stand? 

it would be a nice move from the club to open the West up for our fans. And if SAG think we’re going to throw bags of wee over the away fans....we promise not to.

the acoustics are far better in the upper west, no more library.

what does the kop hold in relation to ALL of the west? could the home and away ends be swapped?

Edited by dorian gray
ggg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Upper West is the best view in the whole stadium

Yeah had a ST in the Upper West when Varadi scored that great solo goal against Forest, just kept running away from us until he became a spec in the distance

• Love 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

53 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

what does the kop hold in relation to ALL of the west? could the home and away ends be swapped?

Use the Kop for away fans in the 3rd division, seriously? 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

Lol use the kop for 50 MK Don fans though.

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Use the Kop for away fans in the 3rd division, seriously? 

well i have explained clearly, but i'll do it again just for you.

the acoustics in the upper west are vastly better than in the kop.

to put wednesday fans in the upper west and visiting fans in the lower may well find resistance from those who normally object to everything wednesday at council and police level.

so to take the ALL west stand areas for wednesday supporters and release the kop to away fans may well benefit the fans, team, and club from the vocal support.

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

hahahahaha! you'll not be getting in for £10, or anything like it, unless you know someone.

Other Div 3 clubs do

15 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

well i have explained clearly, but i'll do it again just for you.

the acoustics in the upper west are vastly better than in the kop.

to put wednesday fans in the upper west and visiting fans in the lower may well find resistance from those who normally object to everything wednesday at council and police level.

so to take the ALL west stand areas for wednesday supporters and release the kop to away fans may well benefit the fans, team, and club from the vocal support.

OK Dorian. I'm sure the authorities would be comfortable allowing away fans to use the Kop with home fans also using car parking, club shop and entrances for the North and South stand from that side of the ground as well as it being the main road for home fans coming from either side of the city.

Opening up the 11,000 capacity Kop for away teams who may not bring 1,100 makes a lot of sense too.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK Dorian. I'm sure the authorities would be comfortable allowing away fans to use the Kop with home fans also using car parking, club shop and entrances for the North and South stand from that side of the ground as well as it being the main road for home fans coming from either side of the city.

Opening up the 11,000 capacity Kop for away teams who may not bring 1,100 makes a lot of sense too.  

OK, Boywonder, how many do wednesday normally have in the kop for third division games?

it only gets what it gets because it's the cheap seats in the house, not the passionate hot bed of support that is normally associated with 'being on the kop'.

it maybe we will (covid allowing) be allowed to occupy the upper west with away support in the lower. but it wouldn't surprise me if objections were raised.

as for shops, parking, and entrances from the south being shared on the north and/or east, exactly the same can be said of the west too, not to know this, you must live on your beloved kop.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

OK, Boywonder, how many do wednesday normally have in the kop for third division games?

it only gets what it gets because it's the cheap seats in the house, not the passionate hot bed of support that is normally associated with 'being on the kop'.

it maybe we will (covid allowing) be allowed to occupy the upper west with away support in the lower. but it wouldn't surprise me if objections were raised.

as for shops, parking, and entrances from the south being shared on the north and/or east, exactly the same can be said of the west too, not to know this, you must live on your beloved kop.

I haven't had a season ticket on the Kop for a decade.

I'm confident nobody will be daft enough to house the away fans on the Kop next season despite your protestations for such a great idea.