Season Ticket in the West Stand

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I haven't had a season ticket on the Kop for a decade.

I'm confident nobody will be daft enough to house the away fans on the Kop next season despite your protestations for such a great idea. 

i didn't mention a kop season ticket, you did.

but that doesn't surprise me one bit.

they're not 'my protestations for such a great idea' they are suggestions of getting around obstacles, and objections that may arise to meet certain people who have brought up the matchday occupation of the upper west idea.

i can understand your reluctance to seeing further numbers leaving that hotbed of vocal suppo....i mean the house's cheap seats, nobody wants to sit in a huge, 50%+ empty stand, it looks worse every season.

we either need to occupy the kop and do something positive about it's acoustics, or sell it as the cheap seats.

i do wonder why people want to leave the north, south, and i assume the kop to occupy the upper west?

and why people say it's the best view in the ground, when it should be equal to the kop?

why is our support not wanting to go onto the kop? is it YOU?

Edited by dorian gray
gi

43 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I haven’t sat in the upper West for many a year but I think from memory the Grandstand tops it.

No, West stand was a great view, don't recall leg room been an issue either, only a kid though so maybe...

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i didn't mention a kop season ticket, you did.

but that doesn't surprise me one bit.

they're not 'my protestations for such a great idea' they are suggestions of getting around obstacles, and objections that may arise to meet certain people who have brought up the matchday occupation of the upper west idea.

i can understand your reluctance to seeing further numbers leaving that hotbed of vocal suppo....i mean the house's cheap seats, nobody wants to sit in a huge, 50%+ empty stand, it looks worse every season.

we either need to occupy the kop and do something positive about it's acoustics, or sell it as the cheap seats.

i do wonder why people want to leave the north, south, and i assume the kop to occupy the upper west?

and why people say it's the best view in the ground, when it should be equal to the kop?

why is our support not wanting to go onto the kop? is it YOU?

You said it was my beloved Kop, I merely pointed out that I don't go on the Kop, why doesn't it surprise you?

How can it be me if I don't go on the Kop as you already pointed out? 

Your suggestions won't be taken forward. Away fans won't be put on the 11,000 seater Kop next season. Great suggestion though. 

I’ve wondered about opening the West Stand for a while, but with the idea of giving the away fans the end section of the South Stand (upper and lower).  I’ve thought for a long time that away teams with big followings get a marginal “away” advantage when kicking towards Leppings Land and moving away fans to the side seems the best way to negate this. It’s been done a lot more in recent years by clubs, Norwich being a good example where you sit on the side. At Man U, Derby etc you are in the corner and there are plenty more examples. The South Stand traditionally is the least filled home stand and I’m sure the club along with SYP can sort out access to it. The other benefit is that if it’s done in the right way, you can adjust the seating allocated on the South to match the away club  following

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You said it was my beloved Kop, I merely pointed out that I don't go on the Kop, why doesn't it surprise you?

How can it be me if I don't go on the Kop as you already pointed out? 

Your suggestions won't be taken forward. Away fans won't be put on the 11,000 seater Kop next season. Great suggestion though. 

you said "you hadn't had a kop s/t for 10 years" 

i didn't see where you said you don't go on the kop?

where do you go then? if it's the north anywhere west of the middle you'll know how bad it sounds when the kop is singing in comparison to certain away clubs fans on the west.

3 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

All 10 of em 🤣

all 10 of them have to go somewhere, so if 10 is tinpot where would you put the 10?

btw, we've just been shyte enough at football to earn a place in the division where sides turn up with 10 tinpot supporters. 🤣

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you said "you hadn't had a kop s/t for 10 years" 

i didn't see where you said you don't go on the kop?

where do you go then? if it's the north anywhere west of the middle you'll know how bad it sounds when the kop is singing in comparison to certain away clubs fans on the west.

I'm in the grandstand now, prefer viewing the game from the side of the pitch now and the view from up there is great. 

The sound and view is good from the West Stand Upper, I agree having home fans up there would help the atmosphere. No point opening the Kop for away fans though, way too much room for what is needed and same logistical problems you would have with away fans on the West Lower in terms of entrances and exits.

The atmosphere generated from the home fans is great when the ground is near full for big games and that includes the Kop, sadly I doubt we will get too many crowds over 20K next season unless we hit the ground running and the prices come down.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm in the grandstand now, prefer viewing the game from the side of the pitch now and the view from up there is great. 

The sound and view is good from the West Stand Upper, I agree having home fans up there would help the atmosphere. No point opening the Kop for away fans though, way too much room for what is needed and same logistical problems you would have with away fans on the West Lower in terms of entrances and exits.

The atmosphere generated from the home fans is great when the ground is near full for big games and that includes the Kop, sadly I doubt we will get too many crowds over 20K next season unless we hit the ground running and the prices come down.

i'm not sure the (usually helpful) authorities won't object to wednesday fans in the upper west, whilst visiting fans are in the lower west. 

the wycombe game had wycombe fans in the 'crows nest' 'tween the upper west and western end of the north (not sure if that could be used again).

our ability to 'trade' in transfers, dm's ability in the market, money available for t/f's, and results will dictate how many 20k+ gates we'll get, hopefully 90% as we go forwards for once, but i doubt it.

as for prices i don't want to be paying more than £25/28 a game in the north for TOP games, with wet tuesdays going at under £20 a throw, and the rest in between.

the bill for relegation will need paying, the owner will want to see a reduction in his losses, it doesn't look fantastic, but....

i can't help but wonder how have ALL these other struggling clubs managed to survive and pay wages on time, whilst we've been relegated, guess the answer is competent leadership?

will we get any of that???

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Lower for away fans, upper Owls.

Both £10.

Mixing of home and away fans at the same end? SAG would threaten closure of the stadium and half the streets in Hillsborough……again.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i'm not sure the (usually helpful) authorities won't object to wednesday fans in the upper west, whilst visiting fans are in the lower west. 

the wycombe game had wycombe fans in the 'crows nest' 'tween the upper west and western end of the north (not sure if that could be used again).

our ability to 'trade' in transfers, dm's ability in the market, money available for t/f's, and results will dictate how many 20k+ gates we'll get, hopefully 90% as we go forwards for once, but i doubt it.

as for prices i don't want to be paying more than £25/28 a game in the north for TOP games, with wet tuesdays going at under £20 a throw, and the rest in between.

the bill for relegation will need paying, the owner will want to see a reduction in his losses, it doesn't look fantastic, but....

i can't help but wonder how have ALL these other struggling clubs managed to survive and pay wages on time, whilst we've been relegated, guess the answer is competent leadership?

will we get any of that???

I agree on the authorities not have any of home and away fans in different sections of the West stand but as I see, I think the authorities will have just as much to say about having away fans using Penistone Road as their entrance and exit. Just think the status quo will win out and the lay out of where home and away fans are housed won't change.

As far as I am aware the North/West corner has been classed as not fit for purpose as things stand. Thought it had been missing a few seats as well recently. The whole stadium is in need of some care and attention, these things don't count towards P&S rules, something you would expect an owner whose spending has apparently only been restricted by the regulations, to be able to accommodate.... 

I loved the view from the middle of the upper West. Some memorable moments too. Willie Henderson's jinking run that led to the penalty at the start of the Palace cup tie. Mike Prendergast's direct free kick at home to Chester; that freezing day after Tony Toms and Len Ashurst had had them overnight up on the moors.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If not many away fans  will be coming   just   ban them    have it home fans only 😉

We can split home and away fans between lower and upper West Stand as shown in recent years.

How many seats are in Lower and how many teams would need more than that allocation, Sunderland, Donny, Rovrum?

If we reduce away allocation would other teams do same to us

For anyone that's interested, my dad bought me and him season tickets for the West Stand when it opened for the 66/67 season after the World Cup games at Hillsborough. How much do you think the tickets cost. They weren't cheap. £7.10 shillings for his and £5 for mine. Happy days. What a fantastic view as well.

6 hours ago, goldensmoke said:

Now we are back in the old third division it takes me back to some of the best times we ever had supporting Wednesday. 
We watched the 79-80 promotion season from the centre of the West Stand. While getting to and succeeding in the first division was amazing in the 80s and then of course the early 90s was another level, those third division times live in my heart forever.

I would love it now that away followings are likely to me much smaller, if the club would open up the upper West again to home fans and offer season tickets. 

I would not pay £750 for a south stand ticket, but as an old school, disaffected fan, I would drive up from Nottingham for home games and sit in the West Stand with my kids.

Maybe we could claim then to be at the lowest ever home crowd, as we might beat the 6905 against Colchester! 

Hot Bovril, low crowds, best view in the ground.

It. can’t make up for being this bad at the moment, but one else want to sit in the West Stand? 

it would be a nice move from the club to open the West up for our fans. And if SAG think we’re going to throw bags of wee over the away fans....we promise not to.

It is a magnificent view

3 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I’ve wondered about opening the West Stand for a while, but with the idea of giving the away fans the end section of the South Stand (upper and lower).  I’ve thought for a long time that away teams with big followings get a marginal “away” advantage when kicking towards Leppings Land and moving away fans to the side seems the best way to negate this. It’s been done a lot more in recent years by clubs, Norwich being a good example where you sit on the side. At Man U, Derby etc you are in the corner and there are plenty more examples. The South Stand traditionally is the least filled home stand and I’m sure the club along with SYP can sort out access to it. The other benefit is that if it’s done in the right way, you can adjust the seating allocated on the South to match the away club  following

Good God man, are you deranged?  I’ve just nearly choked on my Werther’s. The last thing I want is my mid-match snooze being disturbed by a mob of noisy oiks.

• Like 1