Press conference today

16 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Smith,s comment, it affected us them going down to 10 men. WTF, can't imagine any other manager in the EFL using the excuse that they've had an extra man for well over an hour as part of the reason for another abject failure. Unbelievable!

Another example of pathetically weak mentality. This time from new management team that should belligerent and positive in the face of adversity. The entire club needs to grow some balls and quickly

• Like 1

Going down to 10 men should have affected us ! We should have ripped them apart, run them ragged, they should have been pinned back in their last third chasing shadows - that’s what happens to us when we go down to 10 men - CORRECTION - that’s what happens to us when we go a goal down with 11 on the pitch.

14 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

1-0 up after 4 minutes

Opposition have man sent off 

We have a penalty 

And we still managed to feck it up. 

I've got a better one, 15 plus years of fighting relegation in the championship and spells in the third tier....then out of the blue we win the lottery and money bags Chansiri walks through the door!

16 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

It never seems to have any positve effect on us when we go down to ten men.

There is very little of the killer instinct in this team we know and love...but they are very good at screaming at young goalkeepers and pinning younger players up against the dressing room wall! Which must do wonders for morale and harmony in the ‘group’!

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Smith, he's assistant manager dropped into the hot seat. He's come into a club in crisis and had big hopes of turning it around only to realise it's a complete disaster of a club. He's tried to do things to turn it around but the players are apathetic, disinterested and just waiting to escape.

He's got to put a brave face on it and jolly the players along even though he knows it's a lost cause. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Smith and Moore are having a private discussion. I bet the air is blue.

Smith and Moore are just saying anything to try to paper over the cracks until the season ends. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They would get crucified if they came out and said what they really think of some of the big names who have let the club down. You'd probably give an honest assessment, so would I but that's considered unprofessional so they just play nice for the cameras.

Let's get to the end of the season, pray DC ****s off and we wave goodbye to the wasters who wear the shirt on the pitch. Then we start again. Maybe then Smith and Moore can start to build a team to be proud of.

• Like 2

The problem is the air of apathy around the whole club. The owner seems to have lost interest, the players seem content to just collect their wages with no ambition to achieve anything more. The commercial side must be so fed up of being micro managed that they too are just going through the motions. The only ones that seem to show any care and emotion are us the customers.

What's the answer?

We need someone at the top who wants to be a winner. Someone with a purpose and a plan who won't accept second best. They would then surely appoint similarly minded people to ensure this attitude permiated throughout the club and got rid of people who are only interested in a comfortable life and their own wellbeing.

I'm sure this person exists we just need to hope they are looking for a sleeping giant in league 3.

Alternatively  we need a clone of Elon Musk and Roy Keane.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I feel sorry for Smith, he's assistant manager dropped into the hot seat. He's come into a club in crisis and had big hopes of turning it around only to realise it's a complete disaster of a club. He's tried to do things to turn it around but the players are apathetic, disinterested and just waiting to escape.

He's got to put a brave face on it and jolly the players along even though he knows it's a lost cause. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Smith and Moore are having a private discussion. I bet the air is blue.

Smith and Moore are just saying anything to try to paper over the cracks until the season ends. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They would get crucified if they came out and said what they really think of some of the big names who have let the club down. You'd probably give an honest assessment, so would I but that's considered unprofessional so they just play nice for the cameras.

Let's get to the end of the season, pray DC ****s off and we wave goodbye to the wasters who wear the shirt on the pitch. Then we start again. Maybe then Smith and Moore can start to build a team to be proud of.

This ^

1 hour ago, prowl said:

This has been said a few times over the last 5 years...we need someone to solve the problem at the helm...someone with a compass in his pocket would be an improvement.

On 17/04/2021 at 17:53, parajack said:

And theres no end to it is there?.....why WHY come out and add insult to injury? Thats what gets me,be aware of the bigger picture,when making your comments...how much better would it have been to say we could and should have done better?

At this stage with these players,what would you like to hear?..Its your Club,your money,your team...Your manager/asst....

Give us some credit FFS

I am just so glad the fans havnt been able to go to games and have paid to watch this rubbish...(some have paid i know,and havnt yet got their money back)

The press conference is a chance to address the fans. 

We have eyes they're not painted on don't come out and try and mug us off, or play the positive card when there's nothing positive to take from the game.

Like the previous games Smiths' done and he said that the games weren't must win games? Who's he trying to pull the wool over?? 
Even Clinton and Co on sky were laughing at him for saying it.

Just media bullsh^t and a complete waste of time.

I guarantee he didn't say the same in the changing room as he said to the media otherwise the players would take him for a ride.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2021 at 15:53, Beauchief Owl said:

Smith,s comment, it affected us them going down to 10 men. WTF, can't imagine any other manager in the EFL using the excuse that they've had an extra man for well over an hour as part of the reason for another abject failure. Unbelievable!

Left with another assistant running the show.

Unreal.

The place is an omni shambles.

58 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

The press conference is a chance to address the fans. 

We have eyes they're not painted on don't come out and try and mug us off, or play the positive card when there's nothing positive to take from the game.

Like the previous games Smiths' done and he said that the games weren't must win games? Who's he trying to pull the wool over?? 
Even Clinton and Co on sky were laughing at him for saying it.

Just media bullsh^t and a complete waste of time.

I guarantee he didn't say the same in the changing room as he said to the media otherwise the players would take him for a ride.

and you don't think the players are taking everybody for a ride?

• Thanks 1