Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

2 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

And it should be said that Birmingham's prices are generally cheaper than those at S6 other than for a small premium area. So, cheaper anyhow and cheap tickets on matchdays. Most expensive cheap ticket £20. Often £10/£15. 

But it's no good saying look at what Birmimgham do, with their many different price categories, when it isn't really feasible to implement that at Hillsborough and the main problem being that we choose to charge high prices in all areas of the ground - that is what needs to be addressed. 

3 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Most expensive cheap ticket £20. Often £10/£15. 

"Mum shall we go to watch Wednesday this Saturday? We've not been for a few years it might be fun"

"Well ok but I heard it was really expensive. How much is it?

"Dunno - sometimes it's £20 sometimes it's £10. Sometimes it's £15"

"But how much is it?"

"Dunno - let's go to Cineworld instead"

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There shouldn't BE a 'small premium area'

And anyone suggesting there should be should be asked 'WHY??? What for?" over and over again until they realise that there's no reason to have one

lol

There should be a premium area with cushioned seats! I’m so far down the ‘cushion’ rabbit hole now I can’t see out of it! Sod it. When we can get back in the stadium I’m taking my own!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There shouldn't BE a 'small premium area'

And anyone suggesting there should be should be asked 'WHY??? What for?" over and over again until they realise that there's no reason to have one

lol

A premium area in which to watch 3rd division football!

Think we have enough exec boxes to cater for that. 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

There should be a premium area with cushioned seats! I’m so far down the ‘cushion’ rabbit hole now I can’t see out of it! Sod it. When we can get back in the stadium I’m taking my own!

Why not just have a cushion rental place where you just go before the game, pay 50p or £1 and pick up a cushion and use it on your seat anywhere in that stand?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Shall we go and watch Wednesday this weekend mum? We've not been for about 10 years. Might make a nice change and something to do?"

"Well I heard the prices were ridiculous these days and way too expensive"

"Couldn't we just look though Mum? It might be fun to go!"

"Ok then - have a look and see how much it is"

*logs on to SWFC ticketing to see 10 zones, 3 bands*

*logs off again*

"How much was it love?"

"Let's go to Cineworld Mum. It's just easier"

Just to say also - that the above scenario doesn't just see you lose two tickets for that match
It also guarantees that they won't bother looking again in future unless it's a cup semi final or a playoff game or summat

And fans point to 'glory hunters' who only turn up for the big games
Talk about missing the point on that one

Owlstalk Shop

What the club should be doing is encouraging supporters to attend matches both young and old.  

Didn’t Leeds many many years ago have a scheme where kids went free if the adults bought a season ticket?

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Mum shall we go to watch Wednesday this Saturday? We've not been for a few years it might be fun"

"Well ok but I heard it was really expensive. How much is it?

"Dunno - sometimes it's £20 sometimes it's £10. Sometimes it's £15"

"But how much is it?"

"Dunno - let's go to Birmingham City instead"

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why not just have a cushion rental place where you just go before the game, pay 50p or £1 and pick up a cushion and use it on your seat anywhere in that stand?

That’s how it used to be. In all seriousness the cushion seat and extra legroom seats already exist on the south stand as part of the hospitality section. We used to use the corporate hospitality loads before it was made too expensive for birthdays etc. You then got your Wednesday lanyard with a ‘VIP’ card on it and your fancy cushioned/ extra legroom seat. I’d bet they are half empty most games now.  People will always pay a bit extra for a cushioned seat and extra leg room. Even more if you can get a lanyard!

Ok, as I said earlier, I don't expect everyone always to agree with me! Here's a few thoughts before I nip out for the afternoon though. 

Do we think that SWFC should look at how other clubs do things?

Do we think SWFCs prices should be cheaper overall?

Do we think that SWFC should try and raise both attendances and revenue?

Do we think that SWFC should try and attract new fans (students, kids, women)?

Do we think that SWFC should look to adapt successful techniques from elsewhere to the needs of S6 and the Wednesday fanbase?

Should Wednesday adopt a medium/long term approach to increasing crowds and revenue?

If the answer to any of those is yes, then it's worth looking at what Birmingham have done, and to some extent Nottingham Forest (our other report) is worthwhile. If not, then no bother. 

I'll have a look to see if I can find any clubs who have adopted a standard price on tickets and what impact it had. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

I look forward to the club adopting the seat cushion idea at £30 a game - (£35 Cat B, £40 Cat C) and deciding that CircleSevens handknitted cushion that his Mrs made for him for Christmas is an offensive weapon and needs to be left at the turnstile

9 minutes ago, Marro said:

What the club should be doing is encouraging supporters to attend matches both young and old.  

Didn’t Leeds many many years ago have a scheme where kids went free if the adults bought a season ticket?

To be fair we do have very cheap concession season tickets when bought with an adult ticket. Problem is the adult tickets are expensive. 

6 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Ok, as I said earlier, I don't expect everyone always to agree with me! Here's a few thoughts before I nip out for the afternoon though. 

Do we think that SWFC should look at how other clubs do things?

Do we think SWFCs prices should be cheaper overall?

Do we think that SWFC should try and raise both attendances and revenue?

Do we think that SWFC should try and attract new fans (students, kids, women)?

Do we think that SWFC should look to adapt successful techniques from elsewhere to the needs of S6 and the Wednesday fanbase?

Should Wednesday adopt a medium/long term approach to increasing crowds and revenue?

If the answer to any of those is yes, then it's worth looking at what Birmingham have done, and to some extent Nottingham Forest (our other report) is worthwhile. If not, then no bother. 

I'll have a look to see if I can find any clubs who have adopted a standard price on tickets and what impact it had. 

Yes to all of those.

No to increasing the different number of ticket price options at Hillsborough as the layout of the stadium doesn't lend itself to this and supporters have previously complained about there being too many different pricing categories. 

Guest Grandad

Huddersfield Town ticket prices for Prem were as follows, and carried on into Championship after relegation (any seat)

Prices are fixed for all games meaning supporters will be able to watch Town in each of our Sky Bet Championship games for the following prices:

Adults - £30
Over-60s - £20
Under-18s - £15
Under-8s - £10

There will be NO ticket price increases on the day, but a previous booking history may be required by supporters for some fixtures.

Agree that season ticket prices and POTG prices all need to be reduced and simplified if we are relegated.

But there are loads of us who have already stumped up for 3 or 5 year deals and I can't see Chansiri unravelling those and dishing out refunds when he's taken a £ 8m hit for getting relegated.

14 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Do we think that SWFC should look at how other clubs do things? - Only if it's better- but then should improve on the ones that are

Do we think SWFCs prices should be cheaper overall? - YES - but just as important is ease of purchase and simplicity

Do we think that SWFC should try and raise both attendances and revenue? - YES obviously - through fair, clear, transparent easy pricing

Do we think that SWFC should try and attract new fans (students, kids, women)? Yes - through fair, clear, transparent easy pricing

Do we think that SWFC should look to adapt successful techniques from elsewhere to the needs of S6 and the Wednesday fanbase? - Only if it's better- but then should improve on the ones that are

Should Wednesday adopt a medium/long term approach to increasing crowds and revenue? Yes - through fair, clear, transparent easy pricing

See above 👆

Pricing is one thing
Actually getting people to check the prices who don't come to matches or don't come that often is another

if the perception is complexity then you lose sales - it's literally that simple

Reducing the price but keeping 10 zones, 3 bands, memberships, categories, tiers etc - all that will do is reduce the price for those who DO go

Can't stress this enough again but the ones who don't go to games - I can absolutely guarantee you that their perception is high prices, and their experience is complexity

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, FARGATEOWL said:

Agree that season ticket prices and POTG prices all need to be reduced and simplified if we are relegated. 

Thank you

No offence to anyone but I would put forward the suggestion that there are two groups of people who don't think pricing should be simplified

1) Someone in a meeting who came up with the idea in the first place
2) Everyone else in meetings who agreed with them just to look like they were agreeing with something in front of their boss

lol

We've just had a pandemic
We've been relegated

We've lost fans

If ever there was a time to simplify ticket pricing to a straight "It's £20 to get in - sit anywhere in any stand" it's this season

If you have zones, tiers, bands, then fully expect those who have lapsed to continue to have a perception of complexity

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop