Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

5 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Short version. BCFC split their stadium into 10 zones.  

Match tickets are then simply bands A, B, or C depending on opposition 

10 zones

Three bands

Absolutely ridiculous nonsense 

What is it with people that they need zones, tiers, categories, bands etc etc

It's a football match ffs

In a meeting when someone says "I know - we could have 10 zones" everyone else should say "Shut up Simon. That's a ridicluous idea. Instead - let's SIMPLIFY THE FOOOKER so that you don't need to sit a mensa test or jump through hoops to try and find out how much a ticket is to watch a game of football'

Rest assured any fans that are disenfranchised from going to games aren't going to think that checking out three bands in 10 zones just to come to watch Wednesday is a worthwhile exercise

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Marro said:

I would like a season ticket next season and take my two boys if I can persuade them to go.    

At present I am in the financial position where I could buy season tickets at current rates.  However, unless DC adopts a sensible pricing policy which is in sync with the club’s position / league we are in and prices charged by other clubs I will not purchase.  It is a point of principle for me.

Ditto me mate....we have to set the right example also for our kids to see..

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

If our average ticket price is £13.50 (all tickets inc concessions) - we have to sell 10k tickets per match just to cover the rent on the stadium to Chansiri

Just now, Grandad said:

If our average ticket price is £13.50 (all tickets inc concessions) - we have to sell 10k tickets per match just to cover the rent on the stadium to Chansiri

If we split the stadium into 10,000 zones with 18 tiers and 42 bands we could then work out what to charge members and non-members to watch a game

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The South last season for a new fan was £720 that's why we are getting no new season tickets £31 a game you only have to miss 2 games and it's cheaper to POTG, but then you end up missing more than a few games and the club loses because of their short sighted ticketing policy.

eventually in a few season of this we will be done to 13-14,000 a game like Barnsley now get them the club will be bleating their is no money for investment. Yet a club like Barnsley if less in come than us are challenging for the top 6 without ripping off their fans to do it. They haven't blown it all to get promoted. But they don't have an egomaniac in charge either.

South Stand early bird tickets were available to new supporters at £640 but even that is too high. Big call from the club this as they will need to reimburse existing season ticket holders who were guaranteed lowest prices if they are to lower the prices. Not doing so would surely have a huge impact on sales. Some will be reluctant due to COVID anyway, others will be put off by the general decline of the club and the results. Having to pay anything between £470-£640 for an adult season ticket in the 3rd division won't result in good sales.   

Just now, @owlstalk said:

10 zones

Three bands

Absolutely ridiculous nonsense 

What is it with people that they need zones, tiers, categories, bands etc etc

It's a football match ffs

Fair enough... I never expect everyone to agree with me! 

If it's ridiculous nonsense, it's been successful ridiculous nonsense though. They've increased attendance, and revenue over a five year period. Prices have stayed steady. 

Not suggesting it's a perfect solution at S6 - but surely worth looking at and considering if anything can be learned from it?

• Love 1

Just now, SWFC Trust said:

If it's ridiculous nonsense, it's been successful ridiculous nonsense though. They've increased attendance, and revenue over a five year period. Prices have stayed steady. 

Not suggesting it's a perfect solution at S6 - but surely worth looking at and considering if anything can be learned from it?

I wasn't having a pop at you mate - just screaming up at god for all these tiers, categories, bands etc to just STOP once and for all

£20 - sit anywhere

Sorted

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Short version. BCFC split their stadium into 10 zones. Most expensive padded seats central view down to restricted view below pitch level.

Season Tickets priced accordingly. Most expensive more than at S6. Most of the rest much cheaper. 

Match tickets are then simply bands A, B, or C depending on opposition, demand etc. There are always cheap tickets available. 

Much more detail on the specifics here: https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/reports (Jan 2021). 

Their attendance and revenue has risen considerably over the last five years. I think it's worth a good look into what they did. 

How would you expect this to be managed effectively at Hillsborough?

Say tickets in the middle of each stand are more expensive than those to the left or the right, how could the club feasibly stop people buying a ticket in the wings of each stand moving into the middle? 

Seems more trouble than it is worth. 

"Shall we go and watch Wednesday this weekend mum? We've not been for about 10 years. Might make a nice change and something to do?"

"Well I heard the prices were ridiculous these days and way too expensive"

"Couldn't we just look though Mum? It might be fun to go!"

"Ok then - have a look and see how much it is"

*logs on to SWFC ticketing to see 10 zones, 3 bands*

*logs off again*

"How much was it love?"

"Let's go to Cineworld Mum. It's just easier"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How would you expect this to be managed effectively at Hillsborough?

Say tickets in the middle of each stand are more expensive than those to the left or the right, how could the club feasibly stop people buying a ticket in the wings of each stand moving into the middle? 

Seems more trouble than it is worth. 

It's easy
You set up steward zones to fight off people in the wrong zones and the wrong bands and also to check your category, age range and if you're a member or non-member. 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

It is ridiculous complicated nonsense.

Our fans, regular or not, should know that if they want to watch Wednesday at the next home game t will cost £x.

Not £a, £b, £c, £d, £e, £f, £g, £h, £i, £j depending on the opposition and £a x £x if I want to sit in the Kop Middle, or £a x £y if I want to sit in the Kop Wing..

You shouldn't need a degree in quantum physics to work out how much it is to go to a bleedin footy match.

Zones, Bands, Categories and Tiers are the product and result of meetings round a table where someone in a focus or management group wanting to impress throws in some revolutionary new idea about zones and bands that sounds really flexible and exciting

Meanwhile those not in the meeting just want to hand over £20 and go sit down and watch a game of football

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It's frightening isn't it. Will never, ever understand how as a fanbase we allowed it to happen without so much as a disinterested shrug and a "well, it's his club". DC didn't have to feel any pressure thanks to fan self-censorship

• Like 1

I'm not sure there's a price low enough that would tempt me back at the moment (or over the next year or so); the product on offer doesn't interest me and until that changes I just won't be spending money at SWFC. My time is more valuable to me too - and I now place quite a high value on it so any turnaround would have to be significant not just simply an upturn in form next season or reduction in prices. I do wonder how many others are like me in this regard and although the price of season tickets is, I'm sure, a huge deal to a great many people are there, for many of us, fundamentally deeper questions that need dealing with regards to supporting this club.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's easy
You set up steward zones to fight off people in the wrong zones and the wrong bands and also to check your category, age range and if you're a member or non-member. 

Its ok - we can have 1000 stewards instead of 200 to manage the ticket holders.

Won't that negate any potential advantages of the ticket scheme?

"I don't know - get on to the Trust and ask. It was them who suggested it"

Guest Grandad

Just make it £20 a game, every game, whether you sit in the North, South, or Kop

Concessions £10, Kids £5.

Best seats will sell out early on. So buy your tickets early.

The thing is if you introduce 10 zones, 3 bands it will always have people turning up

If you scrapped all that nonsense and just charged a straight amount for each game whether it's just £20 sit anywhere or £25 sit anywhere you will attract MORE people just because it's simple, you know how much it will cost, and you don't need 14 hours to try and work out what the price will be to watch a game of football

Can't stress enough that it's not those who go to games who need pricing categories adjusting or scrapping but the thousands and thousands who have stopped going who could be attracted back but have stopped even looking because the perception is they can't afford it, and that it's way way way too complex to bother even looking to work it out

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop