Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Just make it £20 a game, every game, whether you sit in the North, South, or Kop

Concessions £10, Kids £5.

Best seats will sell out early on. So buy your tickets early.

And fk membership off as well

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its ok - we can have 1000 stewards instead of 200 to manage the ticket holders.

Won't that negate any potential advantages of the ticket scheme?

"I don't know - get on to the Trust and ask. It was them who suggested it"

We didn't suggest that SWFC adopt the Birmingham model wholesale - more that it seems to have been successful and therefore might be something that SWFC look at to see what might work at S6. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's me out right there

I guess I must be daft but is the simplest pricing strategy normally the best one? A few ‘premium’ seats in the very best part of the ground and then same price everywhere else? It’s the same bloomin match wherever you watch it from!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Just make it £20 a game, every game, whether you sit in the North, South, or Kop

Concessions £10, Kids £5.

Best seats will sell out early on. So buy your tickets early.

Literally all it needs to be
Anyone looking at the above and then wanting to overcomplicate that with anything else just needs executing (or sacking)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, SWFC Trust said:

We didn't suggest that SWFC adopt the Birmingham model wholesale - more that it seems to have been successful and therefore might be something that SWFC look at to see what might work at S6. 

Isnt that the same thing as suggesting it?

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

eventually in a few season of this we will be done to 13-14,000 a game like Barnsley now get them the club will be bleating their is no money for investment. Yet a club like Barnsley if less in come than us are challenging for the top 6 without ripping off their fans to do it. They haven't blown it all to get promoted. But they don't have an egomaniac in charge either.

If you're an existing season ticket holder at Dingleland it's £265 for their Ponte End for next season, irrespective of whether they are in the Championship or Prem.

Birmingham might have been successful - fair play to them

What would be MORE successful is simplifying it right back to £20 sit anywhere in any stand

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, CircleSeven said:

I guess I must be daft but is the simplest pricing strategy normally the best one? A few ‘premium’ seats in the very best part of the ground and then same price everywhere else? It’s the same bloomin match wherever you watch it from!

I don't know. 

I'd pay a premium for a restricted view

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's easy
You set up steward zones to fight off people in the wrong zones and the wrong bands and also to check your category, age range and if you're a member or non-member. 

That's what I was thinking, could see how well that would go down! 

lol

1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

There's no way that anyone should be suggesting to the club to look at introducing 10 zones and three bands

Our fans should be screaming at the club to just STOP with the tiers, categories, memberships, zones, stands etc etc etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I don't know. 

I'd pay a premium for a restricted view

Considering asking if I can have my seat adjusted to face away from the pitch when we are allowed back in! 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Birmingham might have been successful - fair play to them

What would be MORE successful is simplifying it right back to £20 sit anywhere in any stand

Turn that in its head then (and I don't know the answer). Are there examples of clubs who have adopted a simple pricing strategy like that and who have increased both attendance and revenue?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Considering asking if I can have my seat adjusted to face away from the pitch when we are allowed back in! 

They should make them all swivel chairs so that when we concede you can just swivel round shouting "OH FFFFFFSSS WESTWOOD"

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

Turn that in its head then (and I don't know the answer). Are there examples of clubs who have adopted a simple pricing strategy like that and who have increased both attendance and revenue?

Maybe we could be the first to do it

Why wouldn't it work?
What would stop fans going to games if you simplified how much it was to buy a ticket?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Isnt that the same thing as suggesting it?

I don't think so. Not all of it would easily work at S6 - as you say stewarding makes pricing bands more tricky. Ensuring that there are always cheap tickets available for every game seems reasonable though. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Literally all it needs to be
Anyone looking at the above and then wanting to overcomplicate that with anything else just needs executing (or sacking)

People try to hard on ‘revenue optimisation models’ and such guff. People go to sit with their family/ mates and have a moan or whatever. Let them sit wherever they want for the same money! I actually don’t know anyone who absolutely insists on sitting in the very centre of the stand because it has the absolute optimum view of the pitch. One price everywhere but have a bit of premium seating with a bit of extra leg room and a cushion if people want to treat themselves. 

The absolute best way of assessing if ticketing tiers, bands, zones etc are sensible is to sit someone down who is suggesting doing it and simply saying to them "but WHY??" each time they explain why they want to do it

"So we should have ten zones, three bands"

"But WHY? Why not just have £20 sit anywhere any stand?"

"Well... because then we can offer real flexibility"

"Well because you can give people choice of zones and bands and tiers if we implement it"

Owlstalk Shop