Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

I don't think so. Not all of it would easily work at S6 - as you say stewarding makes pricing bands more tricky. Ensuring that there are always cheap tickets available for every game seems reasonable though. 

Ensuring that we aren't charging much more than everyone else in large areas of the stadium would be a better start. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why wouldn't it work?
What would stop fans going to games if you simplified how much it was to buy a ticket?

That's answering a question with another question! You might be right, I like to look at whatever evidence there is out there first. Be interested therefore if it's been tried before and what the results were.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

People try to hard on ‘revenue optimisation models’ and such guff. People go to sit with their family/ mates and have a moan or whatever. Let them sit wherever they want for the same money! I actually don’t know anyone who absolutely insists on sitting in the very centre of the stand because it has the absolute optimum view of the pitch. One price everywhere but have a bit of premium seating with a bit of extra leg room and a cushion if people want to treat themselves. 

We absolutely should do cushions again. 

I'm amazed no private enterprise has started doing them.

I'd spend weeks developing my arm at the gym to make sure I could reach Pelupessy with one

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

That's answering a question with another question! You might be right, I like to look at whatever evidence there is out there first. Be interested therefore if it's been tried before and what the results were.

Break the mould. Lead the way. Be adventurous.

With the above approach nobody would have ever reached the North Pole, climbed Everest, spent £1m on Trevor Francis.

52 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The builders are busy..people have banked all the money they wud have spaffed on a few holidays..house prices are rising like never b4...but everybodys skint..cus 0742 says they are😦

Not because I say so, I'm merely repeating what the world's top economists are saying, most of which just seems like basic logic to me. But I guess if your mate Bob the builder is doing alright, then they must all be wrong.

lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Do you know how many different combinations of tiers, categories, stands, memberships, age ranges etc to buy a ticket that there are currently at Sheffield Wednesday?

Someone on here worked it out recently at over 245 before he gave up and packed it in as an unbelievable exercise

I'd be genuinely gutted if someone asked the club to look at doing 10 zones, 3 bands etc etc 

Imagine being a lapsed fan who actually did fancy just attending their first game back and having to navigate THAT

Hundreds (literally) of combinations of ticketing pricing offers just to watch a match

We don't need that at all

We need a ticketing offer that's simple, that you can shout out loud to fans who have lapsed or who don't go anymore etc

£20 in - sit anywhere any stand - something like that

The last thing we need is 10 zones, 3 bands, age ranges, memberships etc etc etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Grandad said:

I'd spend weeks developing my arm at the gym to make sure I could reach Pelupessy with one

I used to love getting a cushion at the game as a kid. You could see everyone watching you enviously as you walked past with your conspicuous statement of wealth and status!

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Do you know how many different combinations of tiers, categories, stands, memberships, age ranges etc to buy a ticket that there are currently at Sheffield Wednesday?

Someone on here worked it out recently at over 245 before he gave up and packed it in as an unbelievable exercise

I'd be genuinely gutted if someone asked the club to look at doing 10 zones, 3 bands etc etc 

We need a ticketing offer that's simple, that you can shout out loud to fans who have lapsed or who don't go anymore etc

The last thing we need is 10 zones, 3 bands, age ranges, memberships etc etc etc

^^ Hes right

Please make that the subject of the next SWFC Trust blog

Think the £20 any seat is a good idea.

Really disliked the expensive seats at Hillsborough under Chansiri, felt like our love of the club was being needlessly exploited.

Also disliked the I am all right Jacks fans that defended the prices.

Not only the prices but the way the prices were complicated. A few times people at worked asked about how to get a ticket and you could see their eyes glaze over when you tried explain they were 8 tiers and silver and gold memberships. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ensuring that we aren't charging much more than everyone else in large areas of the stadium would be a better start. 

And it should be said that Birmingham's prices are generally cheaper than those at S6 other than for a small premium area. So, cheaper anyhow and cheap tickets on matchdays. Most expensive cheap ticket £20. Often £10/£15. 

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You'd miss because he would be too slow to get to where you anticipated him to be by the time it landed or he would simply pass it on to Bannan. 

Just now, SWFC Trust said:

And it should be said that Birmingham's prices are generally cheaper than those at S6 other than for a small premium area 

There shouldn't BE a 'small premium area'

And anyone suggesting there should be should be asked 'WHY??? What for?" over and over again until they realise that there's no reason to have one

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I used to love getting a cushion at the game as a kid. You could see everyone watching you enviously as you walked past with your conspicuous statement of wealth and status!

Ive now got this image of you and your Dad on your way to the match...

image.thumb.png.8db02b1e1fe2219da1adc18b4d540597.png

Just now, @owlstalk said:

One thing we have is a massive bloomin stadium. Overcrowding is not a problem we have! £20 sit where you want. £1.50 for a cushion if your feeling fancy. It would stop me having to lie to the wife about how much football actually costs as well!

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

^^ Hes right

Please make that the subject of the next SWFC Trust blog

The Trust should get someone with more patience than we had when trying to work out all the different possible ticket price combinations, to sit and work out all the different possible ticket combinations just to show the mess it's in

Then they should take the Birmingham idea of 10 zones, 3 bands, and throw that in the bin too

Then propose £20 sit anywhere, any stand and watch the tickets fly out

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

And it should be said that Birmingham's prices are generally cheaper than those at S6 other than for a small premium area. So, cheaper anyhow and cheap tickets on matchdays. Most expensive cheap ticket £20. Often £10/£15. 

And heres how you work out the difference between Birminghams prices and our prices

image.png.85907587d83105618513cb990e23d344.png