Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

While thats true its only one side of the coin though.

It annoys me when Wednesday fans are economically stereotyped as ALL working in factories on minimum wage. 

Loads of people haven't spent anything and there are lots of sectors that are going mad. 

Spoke to a window sales guy said it was his busiest time in 30 years. Speak to anyone in Construction, its mad busy and wages are on the up.

Prices for almost everything are actually going up.

Lots of people such as Pensioners aren't gonna be affected at all.

Lots of people will be massively affected by the job losses but I doubt that its a big proportion of the fans who currently attend the games. 

As a solution to the disparity

I liked the idea of the Wednesday trust to split the ground into lower and higher bands. Say starting at 150 for edge of kop and 700 for middle of cCant.

I would pay for away points too.....

Not sure I stereotyped anyone at all. I talked about the demographic of Sheffield. In my job I deal with lots of companies across many sectors. You are right that certain sectors are enjoying a boom as the government will need to spend its way out of debt via infrastructure investment for example. There are some people that have built up cash throughout the lockdown no doubt, but if they are worried about their job they may decide to hang on to that cash if tickets are expensive. That's all I was saying. 

• Like 3

MK is an increasingly affluent and successful area, unlike Sheffield. 

Their stadium, while some might argue is a soulless bowl, has excellent facilities and is surrounded by restaurants. Overall the match day experience there is probably infinitely better than at Hillsborough for anyone bar the old fashioned football supporter. 

I fear that the longer Wednesday limp along with inept leadership taking their fans for granted, the more clubs like MK will surpass us and we’ll find ourselves in a slump from which we’ll never recover. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Chewy24 said:

I don't know what the financial standing of all our fans are but I have a pretty good idea of the Sheffield demographic. When furlough ends and employers need to pay back CBIL loans and deferred tax etc to the government I think there will be a lot of companies struggling and this will filter down to job insecurity and redundancies.

The club can not expect fans to carry on paying the prices as they are now. It will be too much of a financial burden/risk for many, especially if we end up in league 1!

I know the price of tickets has been done to death in various threads already but basic economics and human nature mean that the club need to look at this sensibly, however the clubs track record for being sensible lately is questionable! 

Will that be the same for everything?

Cinemas

Theatre

Cafés

Books

Holidays

1 hour ago, Nero said:

It annoys me when Wednesday fans are economically stereotyped as ALL working in factories on minimum wage. 

Loads of people haven't spent anything and there are lots of sectors that are going mad. 

Spoke to a window sales guy said it was his busiest time in 30 years. Speak to anyone in Construction, its mad busy and wages are on the up.

Lots of people will be massively affected by the job losses but I doubt that its a big proportion of the fans who currently attend the games. 

I liked the idea of the Wednesday trust to split the ground into lower and higher bands. Say starting at 150 for edge of kop and 700 for middle of cCant.

Not about affordability for me,but surely you can see that the price of the tickets is allegedly extortionate? Its about Value for money,the type of football played, its supposed to be entertaining...Many a young family will Q if  the what? 50 to 100 quid spent on matchday,could be better spent elsewhere....day out,family meal,whatever...

Than theres are others like me who simply wont  pay any money in whilst the current ownership is there......

2 hours ago, Chewy24 said:

I don't know what the financial standing of all our fans are but I have a pretty good idea of the Sheffield demographic. When furlough ends and employers need to pay back CBIL loans and deferred tax etc to the government I think there will be a lot of companies struggling and this will filter down to job insecurity and redundancies.

The club can not expect fans to carry on paying the prices as they are now. It will be too much of a financial burden/risk for many, especially if we end up in league 1!

I know the price of tickets has been done to death in various threads already but basic economics and human nature mean that the club need to look at this sensibly, however the clubs track record for being sensible lately is questionable! 

I work in a sector where I speak to hundreds of individuals, sole traders and business owners and nationwide people are struggling with finances, particularly in London and the surrounding areas where I've seen a 10 fold increase in enquiries 

Once the lockdown "ends" things are going to get far far worse for people as businesses will just shut up shot, sole traders will be scrapping for the same jobs and individuals will lose work because businesses aren't reliant on furlough and the government loans.

Season tickets are going to be a luxury and need to be costed at the very lowest amount to get people into stadiums from a social not an economic perspective and if we don't change our pricing accordingly it will be shameful

• Like 4
  • Love 1

How about performance related ticket pricing...season tickets priced equivalent to £15 a game, but get a fiver back if we lose (knocked off the following years season ticket price, given Chansiri's slowness with refunds). 

Could be a win-win, even when we lose!

lol

Guest Therealrealist

A lot of people have got more money sloshing about than they had before....holidays they haven’t been on..clobber they haven’t bought etc

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Hey up jack, I see you're alright! 

Seriously, from a personal point of view, although I'm on barely above the minimum wage, as I've worked all through the Pandemic and had very little to spend it on, I'm better off than I was prior to the Pandemic.

I'm sure that other people will be too, but on the whole, i'd imagine more people will worse off than this time last Year.

I think Nationally we will see a decrease in ticket prices, our own situation is obviously different from most of the other Clubs as we will be playing in a lower Division.

Given all the circumstances the only sensible decision would be to lower the Prices, however as stated previously by others "sensible decisions" just don't happen at Hillsborough under the current chairman.

The very best I can see is a token reduction, (with holding the current prices more likely)  when what's needed is something along the MK policy.

Let's see if he's learnt anything, or if he's still as unbending ano stubborn as ever.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

MK is an increasingly affluent and successful area, unlike Sheffield. 

Their stadium, while some might argue is a soulless bowl, has excellent facilities and is surrounded by restaurants. Overall the match day experience there is probably infinitely better than at Hillsborough for anyone bar the old fashioned football supporter. 

I fear that the longer Wednesday limp along with inept leadership taking their fans for granted, the more clubs like MK will surpass us and we’ll find ourselves in a slump from which we’ll never recover. 

Might not sit well with many on here,but your right....I believe myself the Chairman will see large attendances at S6 as a green light to continue as before,advisors and all.....Thats why i personally wont attend....others must make their own decisions.

Its a small action on my part,but at least i am doing something...I wouldnt feel right watching the Club lurch from one alleged crisis to another,whilst doing nothing...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

A lot of people have got more money sloshing about than they had before....holidays they haven’t been on..clobber they haven’t bought etc

correct thats why builders have never been so busy 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

correct thats why builders have never been so busy 

Yeah, because economically we should be judging how well a country is doing by holidays booked and how busy builders are! 

The country is going to be knackered financially when loans have to be repaid and there's no more furlough. You don't need a degree in economics to work that out. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I would like a season ticket next season and take my two boys if I can persuade them to go.    

At present I am in the financial position where I could buy season tickets at current rates.  However, unless DC adopts a sensible pricing policy which is in sync with the club’s position / league we are in and prices charged by other clubs I will not purchase.  It is a point of principle for me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1