Clubs start to reduce season ticket prices

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Might not sit well with many on here,but your right....I believe myself the Chairman will see large attendances at S6 as a green light to continue as before,advisors and all.....Thats why i personally wont attend....others must make their own decisions.

Its a small action on my part,but at least i am doing something...I wouldnt feel right watching the Club lurch from one alleged crisis to another,whilst doing nothing...

It would be ironic indeed if all the other clubs are reducing or freezing their Match Day and Season Ticket Prices, Whilst we're doing the complete opposite under DC. Great post there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

While thats true its only one side of the coin though.

It annoys me when Wednesday fans are economically stereotyped as ALL working in factories on minimum wage. 

Loads of people haven't spent anything and there are lots of sectors that are going mad. 

Spoke to a window sales guy said it was his busiest time in 30 years. Speak to anyone in Construction, its mad busy and wages are on the up.

Prices for almost everything are actually going up.

Lots of people such as Pensioners aren't gonna be affected at all.

Lots of people will be massively affected by the job losses but I doubt that its a big proportion of the fans who currently attend the games. 

As a solution to the disparity

I liked the idea of the Wednesday trust to split the ground into lower and higher bands. Say starting at 150 for edge of kop and 700 for middle of cCant.

I would pay for away points too.....

£700 for 3rd division football??????

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

£700 for 3rd division football??????

Yep it’s crazy that some people think that this is ok. I’m lucky enough to be in a position that I can comfortably afford this but it doesn’t mean I’m going to pay it if I don’t think it’s worth it.

And more importantly the price is so high that some people won’t be able to afford it . That surely can’t be right for 3rd or 2nd division football.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Yep it’s crazy that some people think that this is ok. I’m lucky enough to be in a position that I can comfortably afford this but it doesn’t mean I’m going to pay it if I don’t think it’s worth it.

And more importantly the price is so high that some people won’t be able to afford it . That surely can’t be right for 3rd or 2nd division football.

Don't know how anyone can try and justify £700 for a 3rd division season ticket - and in the North Stand, which isn't even our most expensive! That's on average over £30 per game, where would match day prices fro the middle of the North Stand start if that is the price of a season ticket? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

if there's one thing we need at our club it's more tiers, bands, sections, memberships and categories for buying tickets to a football match

We're absolutely crying out for that

It's the Birmingham City method. Three bands only for match day tickets. The range is around the stadium. It's more straightforward that the current system at S6 in my opinion. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

It's the Birmingham City method. Three bands only for match day tickets. The range is around the stadium. It's more straightforward that the current system at S6 in my opinion. 

Is there anywhere to see a bit more detail on it so I can throw away all my angry prejudices about categories, tiers, levels, memberships etc?

lol

I'd like to have a nosey and hopefully see a brighter less offputting future than the system we have in place at the moment

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, 0742 said:

Yeah, because economically we should be judging how well a country is doing by holidays booked and how busy builders are! 

The country is going to be knackered financially when loans have to be repaid and there's no more furlough. You don't need a degree in economics to work that out. 

The builders are busy..people have banked all the money they wud have spaffed on a few holidays..house prices are rising like never b4...but everybodys skint..cus 0742 says they are😦

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

The builders are busy..people have banked all the money they wud have spaffed on a few holidays..house prices are rising like never b4...but everybodys skint..cus 0742 says they are😦

It's not 0742 mate - it's the whole entire collection of world economists

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not 0742 mate - it's the whole entire collection of world economists

Yet i see no evidence of it wotsoever...people cannot wait to start spending again...i will believe what my eyes and hears are telling me..not the tap room 'world economists' thank you

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The economy doesn't revolve around construction workers, some who have worked from home and OAP's who have had nothing to spend their income on.

A great many more people have lost jobs and this will continue when the furlough scheme comes to an end and more businesses realise that they can't afford to keep as many staff employed as they had done previously.

Hard to imagine how anyone thinks that the overall position of the economy will be better off as a result of this. 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The economy doesn't revolve around construction workers, some who have worked from home and OAP's who have had nothing to spend their income on.

A great many more people have lost jobs and this will continue when the furlough scheme comes to an end and more businesses realise that they can't afford to keep as many staff employed as they had done previously.

Hard to imagine how anyone thinks that the overall position of the economy will be better off as a result of this. 

Yet house prices continue to rise....whos buying all the houses??

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

You don’t need for everyone to be skint to see a reduction in sales of season tickets (or indeed any product or service). You just need a decent proportion to be worse off to give you a problem. There absolutely will be a large number of redundancies and bankruptcies once furlong stops and government loans need paying back. Unless those who are better off buy season tickets for those in difficulty , your definitely going to have some impact. Hopefully it won’t last too long but the road is going to be a bit rocky in late Summer and early Autumn for a lot of people. I’m not a ‘prophet of doom’ and think things will bounce back but even so a lot of people are going to be feeling pretty insecure for a while. Insecurity is what keeps people’s money in their pockets more than anything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Assuming we do get relegated, it would be great to see Chansiri adopt something similar. If he made season tickets £150-£250 for next season, I reckon twice as many people would buy them.

This would mean a change in approach from Chansiri though and a move away from stubbornness, so I won’t be holding my breath.

DC is inept when it comes to business, he will put the prices up to cover the £7m tv money he is going to lose.

Which is what, I said in January using £1m to pay for a striker to score the goals to keep us up, would not have cost £1m but saved the club probably £10m in lost income.

But as DC has already stated he does plan for next season. And that's why the club continues to slide backwards.

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yet house prices continue to rise....whos buying all the houses??

House prices rising are a combination of record low interest rates, the stamp duty holiday and chronic supply shortages. House price rises are good for me as I build houses but a lot of people now have very big mortgages!

As I said earlier I think long term things will be ok but there are some pretty big hurdles to overcome in the medium term. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't know how anyone can try and justify £700 for a 3rd division season ticket - and in the North Stand, which isn't even our most expensive! That's on average over £30 per game, where would match day prices fro the middle of the North Stand start if that is the price of a season ticket? 

The South last season for a new fan was £720 that's why we are getting no new season tickets £31 a game you only have to miss 2 games and it's cheaper to POTG, but then you end up missing more than a few games and the club loses because of their short sighted ticketing policy.

eventually in a few season of this we will be done to 13-14,000 a game like Barnsley now get them the club will be bleating their is no money for investment. Yet a club like Barnsley if less in come than us are challenging for the top 6 without ripping off their fans to do it. They haven't blown it all to get promoted. But they don't have an egomaniac in charge either.

13 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yet i see no evidence of it wotsoever...people cannot wait to start spending again...i will believe what my eyes and hears are telling me..not the tap room 'world economists' thank you

Just on this specific point you won’t see evidence yet because the government schemes are still in place. Furlough hasn’t ended and the ‘free money’ is still free, but won’t be forever! You are right to believe your own eyes and ears but I would suggest not everything is always as it appears at first glance. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is there anywhere to see a bit more detail on it so I can throw away all my angry prejudices about categories, tiers, levels, memberships etc?

lol

I'd like to have a nosey and hopefully see a brighter less offputting future than the system we have in place at the moment

Short version. BCFC split their stadium into 10 zones. Most expensive padded seats central view down to restricted view below pitch level.

Season Tickets priced accordingly. Most expensive more than at S6. Most of the rest much cheaper. 

Match tickets are then simply bands A, B, or C depending on opposition, demand etc. There are always cheap tickets available. 

Much more detail on the specifics here: https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/reports (Jan 2021). 

Their attendance and revenue has risen considerably over the last five years. I think it's worth a good look into what they did. 

21 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

yeah - the economists are the ones in the tap room

lol

Owlstalk Shop