Bring back Carlos or Big Ron

Everyone saying Carlos spent the most money, etc. probably, but check the other thread on transfers, in reality that money is a pittance in today’s game and I’m sure he didn’t even want to sign Rhodes. 

We spent net $32m, $20m of which was in Rhodes. (Going on those figures) 

Because it was the most money we have spent, as a club, in 20 off years, doesn’t mean it was a fortune in the general scheme if things. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

If we are to offer constructive criticism or advice for DC to actually take on board it would surely give us a lot more of a intellectual standing if we take into consideration his answers from previous questions.

There's only one piece of advice I want him to take

And it's only 2 words

16 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I love Carlos, best manager we've had since Big Ron.

He made us dream that Wednesday we're on their way back.

Some of the best football in years and some of the best atmosphere's in years.

I just want that feeling back!  

100%, at least until the Luddites in our fan base took over, demanding kick and rush, Megson style football. However, I still think Carlos was losing patience with those responsible for our recruitment. 
Had the recruitment, post Wembley, resembled year one’s recruitment under Roeder, we’d have achieved promotion within the timescale set by the chairman. We spent more in that second year, and improved the squad not one bit. What puzzles me is, who decided we’d be more successful adopting a long ball style? Jos, although he started to play that way, wasn’t here long enough surely, to have such a lasting influence. Where did it come from, it didn’t come from DC, but even managers like Bruce and Monk seemed wedded to it. Eventually we brought in Pulis, a known purveyor of hoofball, and someone we’d apparently courted before. Who was responsible for this change of emphasis, they have a lot to answer for

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rogers said:

Everyone saying Carlos spent the most money, etc. probably, but check the other thread on transfers, in reality that money is a pittance in today’s game and I’m sure he didn’t even want to sign Rhodes. 

We spent net $32m, $20m of which was in Rhodes. (Going on those figures) 

Because it was the most money we have spent, as a club, in 20 off years, doesn’t mean it was a fortune in the general scheme if things. 

We havnt spent a lot on transfer fees. Our wages however have been extortionate.

21 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I didn’t think the manager negotiated the terms of the contracts? 

Wouldn’t have thought so and I don’t think they will have much to do with the player purchase price either. The fact is though that it’s the players wages recruited under Carlos which has been the killer for us financially rather than the purchase prices.

Guest Derby owl
23 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I love Carlos, best manager we've had since Big Ron.

He made us dream that Wednesday we're on their way back.

Some of the best football in years and some of the best atmosphere's in years.

I just want that feeling back!  

Also i think carlos was the only manager chansiri  trusted (maybe).