Jump to content

Silver lining if we go down.. Chansiri might sell us


Recommended Posts

Just now, Glenn59 said:

well we only can guess what Chansiri will do in reaction to relegation.......Dave Allen worst chairman {Chansiri.....hold my beer]

What relegation? We’re two thirds of the way through the season and the manager has a good points ratio. We’re not doing too bad with injuries either. 
This guy has put his money where his mouth is but Wednesday fans are crying over spilt milk.

I could swallow that if they raised their concerns when he was splashing the cash. Nobody on here can pull out the posts urging caution when Chansiri was overspending. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


That's just not possible


In fact it's totally impossible

Why? Why can’t you run the club at break even (or close to it) if you have very cheap players? Not for a season or two and you will go down another division maybe but what makes it impossible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

What relegation? We’re two thirds of the way through the season and the manager has a good points ratio. We’re not doing too bad with injuries either. 
This guy has put his money where his mouth is but Wednesday fans are crying over spilt milk.

I could swallow that if they raised their concerns when he was splashing the cash. Nobody on here can pull out the posts urging caution when Chansiri was overspending. 

 

 

lol

 

This old chestnut


It's been proven time after time after time after time after time that people WERE expressing concerns at the money being spent, the contracts being given out and the players being signed - AT THE TIME

100% TOTAL FACT
 

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CircleSeven said:

Why? Why can’t you run the club at break even (or close to it) if you have very cheap players? Not for a season or two and you will go down another division maybe but what makes it impossible?

 

 

just the sheer running costs associated with Championship football and of a club this size


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

lol

 

This old chestnut


It's been proven time after time after time after time after time that people WERE expressing concerns at the money being spent, the contracts being given out and the players being signed - AT THE TIME

100% TOTAL FACT
 

Show me the posts sweet pea. We’ve been down this road before and you can’t. 
Show me the posts from before we lost to Udders in the semi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

just the sheer running costs associated with Championship football and of a club this size

Championship football won’t be on the cards. What’s the expensive bit that isn’t cover by even modest matchday receipts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

Show me the posts sweet pea. We’ve been down this road before and you can’t. 
Show me the posts from before we lost to Udders in the semi. 

 


I could quite easily - but I honestly can't be arsed to do it  for someone that still backs this Chairman 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only way that DC will ever disappear is if we go into administration and the administrators sell us to whoever offers the best price

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CircleSeven said:

Championship football won’t be on the cards. What’s the expensive bit that isn’t cover by even modest matchday receipts?



Staff, wage bill etc

There would have to be redundancies that would be of a catastrophic level -  in every part of the club


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweet Shezza said:

What relegation? We’re two thirds of the way through the season and the manager has a good points ratio. We’re not doing too bad with injuries either. 
This guy has put his money where his mouth is but Wednesday fans are crying over spilt milk.

I could swallow that if they raised their concerns when he was splashing the cash. Nobody on here can pull out the posts urging caution when Chansiri was overspending. 

Thompson has shown major faults the last two matches, poor selection, tactics, bizarre subs.

You say what relegation, going on the last two matches we don't deserve to stay up.

And as to the money DC put in, any mug can spaff a load of money badly. He has no decent advisors, won't accept his errors and keeps making them. When the club was spending at first he had an advisory team, after that we gave daft contracts out to players who were simply grabbing cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


I could quite easily - but I honestly can't be arsed to do it  for someone that still backs this Chairman 

There aren’t any. You and grandad tried but failed. 
Everybody was happy as Larry until the wheels came off. Now nobody is DC’s friend. It’s a blame game. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

There aren’t any. You and grandad tried but failed. 
Everybody was happy as Larry until the wheels came off. Now nobody is DC’s friend. It’s a blame game. 
 

 

 

You're right


He's doing so well

It's the fans fault


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


You're right sweet 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 


You're right sweet pea - it's the fans fault

Chansiri's doing a cracking job

You can’t pull out the posts can you?

they don’t exist.

so you resort to trying to change the topic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



Staff, wage bill etc

There would have to be redundancies that would be of a catastrophic level -  in every part of the club

Yes. It would be a catastrophe. It would be the end of SWFC in its current guise for sure. But I bet you can slash and burn. Christ, if you had the will you could sell the ground and share with Barnsley if you wanted. It depends on what The Chairman feels like doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites



Well I for one am in total agreement with  Sweet Shezza

We're lucky to have Chansiri


After all he's proven he can lead us to the promised land with this success train we're all riding right now to glory town


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

There aren’t any. You and grandad tried but failed. 
Everybody was happy as Larry until the wheels came off. Now nobody is DC’s friend. It’s a blame game. 
 


“Happy as Larry until the wheels came off” if you mean getting to Wembley, yes we were happy, but it’s been awful since then in every possible way. Of course we are going to point the finger at the chairman, in the same way we’d be really happy with a manager if we kept winning, but if then this manager managed a team that lost 15 games in a row and he embarrassed the club on a regular basis, we’d be allowed to go from happy to angry with them 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T Hardy said:


“Happy as Larry until the wheels came off” if you mean getting to Wembley, yes we were happy, but it’s been awful since then in every possible way. Of course we are going to point the finger at the chairman, in the same way we’d be really happy with a manager if we kept winning, but if then this manager managed a team that lost 15 games in a row and he embarrassed the club on a regular basis, we’d be allowed to go from happy to angry with them 

 

 


Yeah but you weren't angry at the landlord when you had your wedding reception there in 1988 WERE YOU??


Shortly before it got all rough and fights break out every night, and people nick out of your pockets, and everyone's doing drugs in the toilets, and the place keeps getting set on fire, and keeps getting shut down by the police and gangs stand outside it breaking into customers cars

YOU WEREN'T ANGRY BACK WHEN Y)OU HAD YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION THERE WERE YOU???

I DIDN'T HEAR YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LANDLORD THEN 

That landlord's put all his own money into that pub over the last five years. 
Without him that pub would go under


FFS

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...