Silver lining if we go down.. Chansiri might sell us

Guest T Hardy

The other silver lining with relegation is me cancelling sky sports.

going to save me over a score a month. Why pay when we will never be on it.

I would urge everyone to do this. If we can hit sky in the pocket it can only help change the gross inequalities in the game.

As an analogy:

A man buys a house for £250k. He then hires a consultant to improve the house. The builders recommended by the consultant wreck the house to the extent that it's now only worth £125k despite an additional £500k being spent on it.

Coming to sell the house the man wants to sell it for £750k to recoup all of his investment.

Who is going to buy the house for the asking price?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri won’t go so easily. I say we’re about in the middle of the Chansiri saga. The end I think will get very ugly

I reckon he could go full scorched earth. 

The signs are there. 

And I think you are right, we are in perhaps the middle stage and depressingly we've still got a way to go. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I reckon he could go full scorched earth. 

The signs are there. 

And I think you are right, we are in perhaps the middle stage and depressingly we've still got a way to go. 

He strikes me as the type. Incredibly stubborn, tough negotiator, doesn’t handle criticism at all well.

And most worrying he owns the ground. 

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He strikes me as the type. Incredibly stubborn, tough negotiator, doesn’t handle criticism at all well.

And most worrying he owns the ground. 

We've allowed him to bury himself and sow roots into the club on so meny levels I don't see how he can be weeded out. This may have been well intentioned at the time, but it will bite us on the arse. 

The way I look at it, he's considerably more dangerous than DA ever was, ie a local buissnessman. With limited funds and limits to what he could do. 

On the flipside, DC is stubborn, dosnt take criticism well and from a very wealthy family, he realistically could at a whim just cut the cord and go down that route. This makes him far far more dangerous. 

He's not even in the country and could if he wished cut the cord, while holding all the cards. With little or no accountabily. 

Oddly I'm not sure if I want him to do that or keep us on life support. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

We've allowed him to bury himself and sow roots into the club on so meny levels I don't see how he can be weeded out. This may have been well intentioned at the time, but it will bite us on the arse. 

The way I look at it, he's considerably more dangerous than DA ever was, ie a local buissnessman. With limited funds and limits to what he could do. 

On the flipside, DC is stubborn, dosnt take criticism well and from a very wealthy family, he realistically could at a whim go down that route. This makes him far far more dangerous. 

He's not even in the country and cut frankly cut the cord, while holding all the cards. With little or no accountabily. 

Yep I can honestly just see him putting it down as a failed project and doing the absolute bare minimum. I personally think he’s already started doing this.

The losses he’s made and will make here are a drop in the ocean to his family’s overall wealth.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

*checks squad*
*checks accounts*
*checks league position*
*checks if we have a manager*
*checks if we own our own stadium*
*checks if accounts are out yet*
*checks if fans season ticket refunds have been done yet*
*checks how many players we signed in January*

Yeah

I see what you mean

Why is the second “checks” capitalised at the start but not the others?

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Good post Glenn, yet we still have Wednesday fans who come on here twitter that still say how much he has pumped in and without him we would be fùcked ....fact is we are ...bigtime!

Doesn't matter how much he's pumped in, it's not been spent in the right way. Any fool can squander millions and then blame everyone else. If he'd had kept the advisors like Roeder etc we may not have made the big mistakes in terms of signings, contracts etc. But they all left within months.

He has his pet advisor who is simply topping up his own bank account.

I know of issues about how the staff feel and are basically not treated so well. Our cross city rivals are a much happier place to work. I know of an Owls fan who was offered the same job at both clubs and went to work for United as it is a better atmosphere. These are worrying signs on AND off the field.

He seems unable to learn from his mistakes, but I think this is a cultural thing. To people from the Far East admitting to getting something is seen to lose face, and I think also there are the issues about coming from a powerful family in Thailand they cannot be slagged off so to speak, he seems to have difficulty when Owls fans speak out about his mistakes.

If he was more genuinely open and tried to get the fans onside I think people would feel much better about him. But there is this view that fans are just customers.

As to the money he has pumped in, if you scaled it down to what the average fan earns of has in the bank...the average fan has ploughed more money into the club based on wealth per person. And the fans are basically born into supporting the club, so it's in their DNA. But that seems something else he can't seem to understand, fans venting their views is because they DO care, they love the club, it's not some plaything that if it goes under he'll go buy another somewhere else in the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andytrig said:

As an analogy:

A man buys a house for £250k. He then hires a consultant to improve the house. The builders recommended by the consultant wreck the house to the extent that it's now only worth £125k despite an additional £500k being spent on it.

Coming to sell the house the man wants to sell it for £750k to recoup all of his investment.

Who is going to buy the house for the asking price?

However due to a poor job done by all, especially the foundations, he has to continually prop up said foundations year upon year.

Due to this annual bill the final cost keeps on increasing.

Very poor for all concerned

3 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Maybe a positive if we go down, Chansiri will decide he’s had enough. 

We know from his comments every season that he expects promotion, yet he doesn’t realise that he never gives any manager we have the tools to achieve it. He’s never going to take us forward.

Would you prefer Dave Allen back in control? 

Sheffield Wednesday is a failed project and Chansiri will never ever see his money back. Not even 10p on the pound. 
So, given the club is worth so little, particularly in League One, Chansiri has two realistic choices:

Sell us at a massive loss but trouser a few million back and get rid of the hassle.

Keep us but run the costs down to the bare minimum so it isn’t making a loss every month and hope something miraculous happens, like promotion on a shoe string, or some as yet unknown prodigy from the youth set up attracts a huge fee. 

If you don’t need the smallish number of millions back because your already rich, option two is the best one from a business perspective. You’ve already lost the money but the asset isn’t devaluing further and hey, if you run the club in a sustainable way and stick someone else in charge some fluke or other is always a possibility!

Everyone goes on about DC being delusional but I bet he’s not totally daft. I expect him to own us for a good while yet. 

• Like 1