Silver lining if we go down.. Chansiri might sell us

Guest T Hardy

Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

There aren’t any posts are there?

You know as well as I do that football

is big business, right?

You know we can’t bring our own players through because there are

much better academies within an hour of SW6?

So how does the chairman, old or new do it?

Do we wait 100 years for a Chris Wilder to unearth gems or throw money at it?

Please let me know how it’s done because swfc has a right to be dining at the top table.

We'll show em

They're just looking for another stick to beat Chansiri with mate

Theyve got agendas

But we'll prove it's the fans fault me and you

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Did you not realise we’d break the spending rules when we were signing players with Prem promotions and Champions League experience?

why didn’t you pipe up then?

It was obvious we’d be skint if we failed wasn’t it? So why wait until we failed to start complaining? 
Did you unfurl a protest banner when we signed Rhodes? 

Yes it’s the fans fault for putting trust in the chairman that he actually knew what he was doing. 

Silly fans for trusting a man who reassured us that he’d look after the club.

All the fans fault.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You must have an agenda 

He puts his own money in 

Remember that man you asked for a light on the street in 1978?
The one who you walked up to and said "Have you got a light mate?"
the one who lit your cigarette for you?

The one who you said it was the right thing to do when he got sent down for arson for burning down people's houses and buildings?

YOU WERENT SLATING HIM BACK WHEN HE LIT YOUR CIGARETTE WERE YOU??

DIDN'T HEAR YOU SAY HOW BAD HE WAS WHEN HE LIT YOUR CIGARETTE

Would make sense if I smoked

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Right. This chairman’s gambling with the club’s future. Do I:

a) raise my concerns on the fans forum and refuse to be part of the madness

b) go to Wembley for a jolly and hope we get promoted to avoid oblivion

c)go along for the ride and cry when the millk turns sour

What?!

I went along with the ride because I genuinely believed the chairman knew what he was doing. I trusted him. He was saying all the right things at the time. I was naive yes. 

But since then he’s completely eroded that trust by putting us in transfer embargo’s, giving us a points deduction, appointing hopeless managers, numerous poor signings and spouting off in the media every chance he gets.

Just because you believed he was the real deal in 2015 doesn’t mean you can’t be critical of what has actually unfolded.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What?!

I went along with the ride because I genuinely believed the chairman knew what he was doing. I trusted him. He was saying all the right things at the time. I was naive yes. 

But since then he’s completely eroded that trust by putting us in transfer embargo’s, giving us a points deduction, appointing hopeless managers, numerous poor signings and spouting off in the media every chance he gets.

Just because you believed he was the real deal in 2015 doesn’t mean you can’t be critical of what has actually unfolded.

Oh...So you conviently forget he lit your cigarette...Et tu Brute!! eh?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Right. This chairman’s gambling with the club’s future. Do I:

a) raise my concerns on the fans forum and refuse to be part of the madness

b) go to Wembley for a jolly and hope we get promoted to avoid oblivion

c)go along for the ride and cry when the millk turns sour

40 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

There is no success.

Looks like you're doing 'C' mate

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

I’m not saying they have no right to be disappointed, I am.

I just think it was obvious he was gambling. 
Did you raise your concerns on here or refuse to go to Wembley because of the irresponsible way the club was being run? 

The season we got to Wembley, the 1st team players on most money was FF and Bannan on £20k a week. Easily sustainable.  After Wembley we signed Fletcher and Abdi and gave them £35k a week contracts which created friction in the team resulting in FF walk out at Norwich. Abdi signing didn't make sense as he didn't fit into Carlos formation or style of play so who signed him. We then signed Winnall in January and even though we needed to strengthen other positions we then signed Rhodes who again Carlos didn't want, giving him a big contract.  So yeah I was happy about Wembley but I was concerned as soon as we lost to Hudders in the semi because I knew we wouldn't get another chance. I believe Carlos was the right man to take us up but he needed better help form behind the scenes

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

We definitely didn’t lose 7 million a year at league 1 level during that period. When we dropped out the PL our debt was around £20m and then it crept towards £30m a decade later before we were saved by Milan. That doesn’t sound like losing 7 million a year to me. Milan even said we were losing about £6m a year at Championship level during 2012-15, which is less.

Most league 1 clubs lose a few million a year subsidised by their owners. So it’s easy to see we could break even or make a small profit if we ran the budget of a Rochdale with our gate receipts.

It wouldn’t be pretty and probably wouldn’t see us even compete for promotion, but it’s possible 

2004 we lost 4.1 million ...2005 we lost 3 million .......between 1995 -2006 we lost every season and the total loss was over 50 million quid .......these arnt my numbers they are in the official records book so i would imagine they arnt far off the mark....... 

• Thanks 1

I honestly can't believe...We have a brand new telly , we can't watch...A newly hired ground we can;t go to....A team we ALL bought against the advice of the people who were in charge of buying the team....numerous managers who couldn't manage,,,Players who can't actually play ...and still slag the bloke off who lit yer ciggy when you didn't actually smoke

How f.ookin' ungrateful are Owls fans...

I'm flabbergasted, and to be honest  quite amazed at the ungratefulness...

We bought Rhodes for 10 Million ..When Delphjon, as he was lighting yer fag said "don't buy Rhodes for 10 million!!"..But you..in yer nicotine addled state, insisted on it..and added the caveat................"wait til I play Reach through the middle"..

Then ran off coughin' and chucklin..Total set of bast *rds!!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

2004 we lost 4.1 million ...2005 we lost 3 million .......between 1995 -2006 we lost every season and the total loss was over 50 million quid .......these arnt my numbers they are in the official records book so i would imagine they arnt far off the mark....... 

S01E03-2LFumRLA-thumb.jpg

Not my words Carol.. 

The words of Top Gear Magazine

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly can't believe...We have a brand new telly , we can't watch...A newly hired ground we can;t go to....A team we ALL bought against the advice of the people who were in charge of buying the team....numerous managers who couldn't manage,,,Players who can't actually play ...and still slag the bloke off who lit yer ciggy when you didn't actually smoke

How f.ookin' ungrateful are Owls fans...

I'm flabbergasted, and to be quite amazed at the ungratefulness...

We bought Rhodes for 10 Million ..When Delphjon, as he was lighting yer fag said "don't buy Rhodes for 10 million!!"..But you..in yer nicotine addled state, insisted on it..and added the caveat................"wait til I play Reach through the middle"..

Then ran off coughin' and chucklin..Total set of bast *rds!!!!

Welcome to our side mate

Me you and Sweet Shezza will prove it's all the fans fault

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I haven’t got the numbers in front of me, but that’s still a bit different to what you originally said. That’s £7m over two years, not one. In 2003-04 we still had some big earners on the wage bill, Pressman, Quinn, Kuqi etc. And the year after we brought in loads of players with the aim of promotion, which we achieved via the play offs. 

We also had loads of unsecured debt with third parties and accrued interest on it.. would imagine a significant chunk of the £3.5m a year on average was interest.

In this case we’d have no interest as all our debt is owed to the chairman or related parties. We could sell or release the whole squad so no legacy contracts.. think of those we have under contract next season could find themselves championship clubs.

It would be totally possible to run it at a profit in league 1 next year as long as we spent like a tiny club and our attendances didn’t collapse, which I guess is a risk. Promotion probably wouldn’t be realistic though

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Welcome to our side mate

Me you and Sweet Shezza will prove it's all the fans fault

I take no "sides"..We are all the same side

I bought Rhodes cos I could afford the 10 million...give or take...I ate the sock tasting angel cakes outta sheer respect for a bloke who knew a bit about baking and nowt about football

I'm proud of the part I have played ...I stood in mute silence for a bloke who had died who I didn't even know was alive at the time of me mute standing still..err..ness

I watched a cake fall to bits as we celebrated our anniversary...I bought a shirt 4 sizes too small cos I thought £60 was fair enough..I anted up for a season ticket amid an epidemic that advocated I wouldn't be be able to attend a stadium that had just been bought back by the same f.ookin' nutter who sold it to himself...

I stand here...in a Wednesday shirt 3 sizes too small...eating an angel cake that tastes like socks...still mourning a bloke I never heard  of....Covered in the crumbs of the anniverserial accident that was "cakeball"..and I ask myself.."Eich bien ein Berli...Err no..I mean....

"Am I still ein wednesday fan...?

and the answer is 

"Yes i'm eich bien Ein Wednesday fan"

Bring on league one..and we will show you how to get to league two in no time....

Why?

Because thats what WE do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep 

Me, You and Sweet Shezza 👊

Its bloody serious Neil..We are f.ooking heading to hell in a handcart..Bloody Brmingham...FFS!

You know...I never have a drink if we win...maybe one lager or a cup of tea...but I'm offa me t*ts on gin at the minute...

(Actually its "Pink" gin and quite nice")

But the point is...I hate gettin' into rows wiv fellow Owls fans..and it only happens when we f.ook up like we did today..

I honestly can't see an end to the blood y mess

• Like 1

This is what I see happening at Sheffield wed, if the books don't get signed off soon the HMRC will put a winding up order in and we go into admin or liquidation some body will buy the club for next to nothing as Milan did and Chansiri will try to charge extortionate rent for Hillsboro and we will end up ground sharing with Chesterfield 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Derick Mills said:

This is what I see happening at Sheffield wed, if the books don't get signed off soon the HMRC will put a winding up order in and we go into admin or liquidation some body will buy the club for next to nothing as Milan did and Chansiri will try to charge extortionate rent for Hillsboro and we will end up ground sharing with Chesterfield 

Derick!!!

Im laid in bed on my phone reading this and was just about to have a peaceful nights sleep!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Something that's bothered me for ages and I need to get it off my chest.

I hate WAWAW, it makes us sound lame and tinpot!!

This picture says it all and also sums up our TunaTwat chairknob when he is asking what I think of him.

I think it says What A W@NKER Aren't We - Yes you are, so sell our club and foook right off!!!

Chansiri.jpg

Edited by thesouthowl
  • Haha 5