Silver lining if we go down.. Chansiri might sell us

Guest T Hardy

Just now, T Hardy said:

“Happy as Larry until the wheels came off” if you mean getting to Wembley, yes we were happy, but it’s been awful since then in every possible way. Of course we are going to point the finger at the chairman, in the same way we’d be really happy with a manager if we kept winning, but if then this manager managed a team that lost 15 games in a row and he embarrassed the club on a regular basis, we’d be allowed to go from happy to angry with them 

Did you not realise we’d break the spending rules when we were signing players with Prem promotions and Champions League experience?

why didn’t you pipe up then?

It was obvious we’d be skint if we failed wasn’t it? So why wait until we failed to start complaining? 
Did you unfurl a protest banner when we signed Rhodes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

Did you not realise we’d break the spending rules when we were signing players with Prem promotions and Champions League experience?

It was obvious we’d be skint if we failed wasn’t it? So why wait until we failed to start complaining? 

Youre right

It was 100\% DEFINITELY the fans fault we signed Rhodes

Totally the fans fault

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Sweet Shezza said:

You can’t find those posts can you?

I'm with you mate

Everyone of these Chansiri bashers who are just looking for another stick to bash the Chairman with should shut up and understand how well he's doing like me and you know he is 

We'll convince them eventually mate - we just need to keep pointing out the sheer amount of success he's brought to the club

I know - we could start with a simple list of the parts of the club that he's improved in the last 6 years to show his haters shouldn't we

Let's take it in turns - I'll go first mate - let's show them

1) A new scoreboard

Now you have a go - let's really prove these Chansiri haters wrong

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I reckon he could go full scorched earth. 

The signs are there. 

And I think you are right, we are in perhaps the middle stage and depressingly we've still got a way to go. 

I don't think we are anywhere near the worst of this. Bolton springs to mind. 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yes. It would be a catastrophe. It would be the end of SWFC in its current guise for sure. But I bet you can slash and burn. Christ, if you had the will you could sell the ground and share with Barnsley if you wanted. It depends on what The Chairman feels like doing. 

You could run this at a profit in league 1.. even though fans are really peed off we’ll still get 15,000 for home games because we always do and that would cover the cost of all the wages and other costs.

But under your option 2 he’s hoping for a miracle run to the PL on a shoe string.. there’s no chance we could go from a profit making mid table league 1 side and win two promotions without spending anything 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You could run this at a profit in league 1.. even though fans are really peed off we’ll still get 15,000 for home games because we always do and that would cover the cost of all the wages and other costs.

But under your option 2 he’s hoping for a miracle run to the PL on a shoe string.. there’s no chance we could go from a profit making mid table league 1 side and win two promotions without spending anything 

Christ. I hadn’t even thought of two promotions! L1 to Championship with no money would require Devine intervention. Promotion to the Premier would be about as likely as Elvis riding into Hillsborough on a Unicorn supping a pint of Wards out the Holy Grail!

7 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Nobody "piped" up then because we all thought we were being ran in a professional manner. We've all realised now that we absolutely aren't being ran in a professional manner and  more people are starting to "pipe" up now

• Like 3

Guest T Hardy
11 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

I’ve actually had concerns since 2016 about how Chansiri and his advisors were running the club and tried to tell people when they called for CC’s head that they should be calling for Chansiri’s advisors heads instead.

However, that’s irrelevant. You’re essentially saying that fans have no right to be disappointed now because they weren’t skeptical and cynical throughout DC’s time here when things appeared to be going well. 

“Yeah your husband might be beating you up now, but you were happy a few years ago when he was taking you to New York weren’t you?”

Edited by T Hardy

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't think we are anywhere near the worst of this. Bolton springs to mind. 

The warning signs are definitely there, I agree, the unthinkable would be Bury. 

I can certainly see another deduction on the horizon, but I want to see the accounts first. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly so glad Chansiri is our chairman

You lot are just looking for another stick to bash him with

He's putting his own money in

If he goes there will be no Sheffield Wednesday
be careful what you wish for

Me and Sweet Shezza know the score

I don't think you have to actually find a stick to bash him with..Its like he's actually got the stick and is bashin' himself...Then he gets mad at the stick..and sacks it....

So he thinks

"What was I getting mad at last time?".."What should I avoid"???

"Got it..Its a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then buys a stick

Edited by asteener1867

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I’ve actually had concerns since 2016 about how Chansiri and his advisors were running the club and tried to tell people when they called for CC’s head that they should be calling for Chansiri’s advisors heads instead.

However, that’s irrelevant. You’re essentially saying that fans have no right to be disappointed now because they weren’t skeptical and cynical throughout DC’s time here when things appeared to be going well. 

“Yeah your husband might be beating you up now, but you were happy a few years ago when he was taking you to New York weren’t you?”

I’m not saying they have no right to be disappointed, I am.

I just think it was obvious he was gambling. 
Did you raise your concerns on here or refuse to go to Wembley because of the irresponsible way the club was being run? 

• Haha 2