Hunt going out on loan

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

That gives Hunt the chance to put himself in the shop window for clubs who can sign him for free at the end of the season

I haven't seen anything of him beyond his cameos and couple of starts for the first team.  In those appearances, I don't think he's shown enough to place any faith in him becoming a championship midfielder in the next few years. Decent passer but not effective off the ball. What do you see in him, genuine question?

5 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep good move if so, can tell he’s got some talent, just needs the chance to apply it in senior football and learn. 

Agree, looks it bit like he needs to grow up a bit as a footballer, which going out on loan and playing games would hopefully do.

I said in another thread, that our youngsters need to be hitting the gym. Compared to other clubs young players our look very light weight.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Honestly with Hutch I don't know, we don't knoew how match fit he it, as being fit and match fit and sharp are towo separate things, he is the sort of player who would play injuries to help the team out, but if he is only signed to the end of the season, he may not want to injury himself if he will be gone then, its a difficult one but equally he has not been signed to sit on the bench and as last season was he made the team better when he played.

But I do predict he will play more games than the crock Luongo, I don't think this bloke has ever played 5 games without then missing games through injury, on paper look a good signing but his injury record is one of the worse we have had in the last few years Hooper and Fletcher aside.

I want Shaw to get as much time and development as possible but equally i want him resigned up to a 3 yr + deal. Any other club in our division that would have happened but not in the funny farm we call our club.

Common sense suggests that Hutch is not going to be able to do what countless better players than him could not do and turn back the hands of time. I agree that Shaw should have been re-signed before now the talent in him is obvious and has been noted by several at the club, so how come the people at the club that sort these things out are still not doing so? I fear that there is nobody at the club with any authority to do anything, so if Chansiri goes on holiday for three years these kinds of things happen. I hate to bring Hirst Junior up again, but that whole episode was so much like the way everybody at the club is treated, it is a wonder that some of the players actually want to stay. Oh sorry no, the higher than normal wages, may be a deciding factor there, although they are not for the players of the future apparently, only a few of our good players, the has been players, never will be players (from Paixo and Erik's limited stables) and injured loan players (from Paixo and Erik's limited clubs).

There was a time for Shaw to go out on loan, but who would he go on loan to now? Right now it is players like Shaw that WE should be getting on loan, so I cannot see him going anywhere (hopefully). He is far too important right now to our points total and shows the right attitude, skill level and confidence level to lift the team. We could do with getting loan players, or signings like him into the club, in positions like, striker, another striker and a left back.

As for Hunt, he is a good up and coming player, but I agree that he is definitely a work in progress and would benefit greatly from going out on loan. Whether that is what he really wants right now is debatable, but if he could sign a new contract and go on loan until the summer, we could see another great asset to the club next year. It worked wonders for Palmer when he went to Tranmere when he was 20. He came back with stamina and a lot of first team experience, even making player of the year! Maybe we should send him back on loan too!

lol 

4 hours ago, big moz said:

As above. His form has dipped but he'll be a decent player if toughened up a bit. Feel of the youngsters (other than Shaw), Waldock worthy of Hunt's occasional place on the bench in the meantime as midfield cover - when given the opportunity he got more tackles in than Joey does & made more of an impact on the game as he was harder to pass around. Best of luck, Hutch (foresee his games coming at right sided CB initially with Shaw/Luongo providing defensive cover as box to box midfielders. Key to us in midfield is getting Bazza forward) & also Alex in getting the right loan move. 

Pelupessy gets picked because of his tackling. He is not a great runner, or all round player, although he has got into some good attacking positions this season, but his shooting and passing let him down. Definitely not his tackling though, he is one of our better tackling players I reckon. I could imagine him doing a decent job of man to man marking a player when asked and limiting a players exposure to the ball, because he reacts quickly over a short distance and seems to enjoy the rough stuff. With us having two crocks now in that position and Hunt possibly going on loan he could end up being relied on more and more as the season winds down, which is a bit worrying, but he has looked slightly better this when he has played more so good luck to him.

• Like 1

Credit to Joey for improving a little. He can tackle, but even average opponents get away from him to give & go - he is the probably the least effective defensive barrier (playing DM) in the division . Games pass him by. You could be right in that a simple man to man marking brief may reduce his tendency to be just where the ball was 3-4 seconds ago facing in the wrong direction. His inability to pass forwards effectively, take corners or free kicks or take chances also add to my willingness to see others in that DM position, including Hutch or Liam Shaw. The downside with Hutch there is the tendency of Bazza to come back & play deep alongside him which we don't see so much when Shaw has been selected.  

nowhere near strong enough to play centre mid ,has decent ability on the ball but wont ever score many at all from midfield or will offer a physical presence in midfield . hope it works out for him if he goes on loan and gets fixed up with a lower league club in summer . kirby got a club so no reason to think hunt wont.  

9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sorting the lad a new contract is more pressing than a loan move till the end of the season when it runs out. 

Besides he looks quite capeble of being an asset here, even though we've brought in hutch the midfield is still a problem with so many games coming thick and fast. Plus we can't seem to rely on Luongo playing enough and maybe it would be better to get bashiru out on loan instead as Shaw seems more advanced in his development. 

Would you say its nailed on that he will get a new contract?

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why? We played Shaw, Bannan and Pelupessy in midfield against Boro, Hutchinson could replace Pelupessy in that midfield. 

Looks like I might be right not even in match day 20 which is very strange unless has Covid?

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Looks like I might be right not even in match day 20 which is very strange unless has Covid?

Take it you didn't hear the caretaker manager say he was injured. Nice try on blowing your own trumpet at the earliest opportunity though. He would be on the bench if he had been dropped for Hutchinson. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Take it you didn't hear the caretaker manager say he was injured. Nice try on blowing your own trumpet at the earliest opportunity though. He would be on the bench if he had been dropped for Hutchinson. 

Nope just knew that Hutch would start tonight he will be chopping at the bit.

But it's a big risk playing him, Westwood and Green.

I think Shaw a cracking lad and will be a great player if developed correctly, but DC does not value youth that why we have all of our best young players less than 6 month before out of contract.