Hunt going out on loan

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

League One interest in Sheffield Wednesday’s Alex Hunt | The Star

Good thing imo, needs the game time and match experience as he has fallen down the pecking order recently.

Equally another youngster in the last 6 months of his contract. Last season was going to kick on the pm Monk be we played him and barely played since.

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Shaw should be playing alongside Bannan in midfield. 

But he won't be getting much game time now we have signed Hutchinson. Unless we have a lot of injuries which with the crocks we have in Defense and Luongo in midfield that is very possible.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But he won't be getting much game time now we have signed Hutchinson. Unless we have a lot of injuries which with the crocks we have in Defense and Luongo in midfield that is very possible.

Give me Shaw every day before Hutch. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How much game time are you expecting Hutchinson to get?

I'm sure (excuse the pun) that Shaw is going to remain an important part of the squad for the rest of the season, given Luongo's ongoing injury issues.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

If we had the luxury so should Shaw.

Sorting the lad a new contract is more pressing than a loan move till the end of the season when it runs out. 

Besides he looks quite capeble of being an asset here, even though we've brought in hutch the midfield is still a problem with so many games coming thick and fast. Plus we can't seem to rely on Luongo playing enough and maybe it would be better to get bashiru out on loan instead as Shaw seems more advanced in his development. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sorting the lad a new contract is more pressing than a loan move till the end of the season when it runs out. 

Besides he looks quite capeble of being an asset here, even though we've brought in hutch the midfield is still a problem with so many games coming thick and fast. Plus we can't seem to rely on Luongo playing enough and maybe it would be better to get bashiru out on loan instead as Shaw seems more advanced in his development. 

With that in mind, what is Hunt’s contract situation? If we intend to keep him, he needs to have another year on his contract, at least, before loaning him out

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How much game time are you expecting Hutchinson to get?

I'm sure (excuse the pun) that Shaw is going to remain an important part of the squad for the rest of the season, given Luongo's ongoing injury issues.

Honestly with Hutch I don't know, we don't knoew how match fit he it, as being fit and match fit and sharp are towo separate things, he is the sort of player who would play injuries to help the team out, but if he is only signed to the end of the season, he may not want to injury himself if he will be gone then, its a difficult one but equally he has not been signed to sit on the bench and as last season was he made the team better when he played.

But I do predict he will play more games than the crock Luongo, I don't think this bloke has ever played 5 games without then missing games through injury, on paper look a good signing but his injury record is one of the worse we have had in the last few years Hooper and Fletcher aside.

I want Shaw to get as much time and development as possible but equally i want him resigned up to a 3 yr + deal. Any other club in our division that would have happened but not in the funny farm we call our club.

• Like 1