Carlos

Guest Therealrealist

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

What he’s doing at Braga, and what he did at Rio, shows he can do it without money as well Perhaps had we not foisted all those crap players on him post Wembley, he might have succeeded here

Maybe the Portuguese league ain't all that ,he'd be ripping it up in Scotland if he went to one of the decent size clubs 

12 minutes ago, the monk said:

He got us to the play offs  ,the Holy grail for a lot of supporters 

Failure in them doesn't seem to matter 

This is always my thoughts when people say he was successful. 

No he wasn't, his remit was promotion. 

Dc backed him heavier and with more money than any other manager we've had. He didn't get promotion so he failed his remit. 

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, the monk said:

So its DC that deserves the credit for building the legendary play off side?

He signed the cheques, so ultimately yes. That team was a combination assembled by different people. You could always tell who was a Carlos signing the way he spoke about them after joining. Carlos only remarked on the cost saying DC got a good deal for Wednesday. He later revealed he resisted pressure from upstairs to play Rhodes.

Rhodes didn’t fit the profile of a Carlos signing either. He wanted good technical footballers which Rhodes definitely is not.

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, the monk said:

Maybe the Portuguese league ain't all that ,he'd be ripping it up in Scotland if he went to one of the decent size clubs 

Rio Ave a decent size club 🤪..and braga are no big hitters either

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

This is always my thoughts when people say he was successful. 

No he wasn't, his remit was promotion. 

Dc backed him heavier and with more money than any other manager we've had. He didn't get promotion so he failed his remit. 

Just because he was backed with more money than any other Wednesday manager, doesn’t mean he was a failure, reaching the play offs ahead of many better resourced teams. Was Brendan Rogers a failure for missing out on Europe last season, despite being backed with far more than any other Leicester manager?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Just because he was backed with more money than any other Wednesday manager, doesn’t mean he was a failure, reaching the play offs ahead of many better resourced teams. Was Brendan Rogers a failure for missing out on Europe last season, despite being backed with far more than any other Leicester manager?

Brendan Rodgers didn't take Leicester to relegation CARLOS did with Swansea he's won nothing 

2 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's a weird one with Carlos. It's seems everybody either loves him or hates him. Why can't we just see it for what it is?

He did very well to start with and it was awful in the end, as is with most managers. Why do we have to pick a side on this one? Yes he had money but none of us know if he picked the players, same as we don't know if Monk picks the signings. I prefer just to see it as it was. Brilliant attacking football to start with, poor at the end. We probably stuck with him a bit too long. I certainly don't dislike the bloke, why would I?

Whilst I 100% agree with this, I'm just amazed there are still so many on here willing to get into the same old debates about Carvalhal, almost three years after he left.

People picked their 'side' on this matter long ago; nothing that's been written among the hundreds of thousands of words on the subject in the past three years will have changed another person's stance one jot.

Every time he gets brought up, you could just resurrect one of the countless other threads we've had since he left the club, and save everyone the time and effort.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's a weird one with Carlos. It's seems everybody either loves him or hates him. Why can't we just see it for what it is?

He did very well to start with and it was awful in the end, as is with most managers. Why do we have to pick a side on this one? Yes he had money but none of us know if he picked the players, same as we don't know if Monk picks the signings. I prefer just to see it as it was. Brilliant attacking football to start with, poor at the end. We probably stuck with him a bit too long. I certainly don't dislike the bloke, why would I?

POST  OF THE DAY

Owlstalk Shop

The problem with Carlos was Carlos, He was fine right up until that Brighten second leg, that 20-30 min hammering at the start of the game effected his tactics from that point on. Instead of the free flowing attacking football he previously went with he decided to go more defensive and overthink things on the big games. That cost us the Huddersfield playoff game defiantly. Was never the same after that.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The problem with Carlos was Carlos, He was fine right up until that Brighten second leg, that 20-30 min hammering at the start of the game effected his tactics from that point on. Instead of the free flowing attacking football he previously went with he decided to go more defensive and overthink things on the big games. That cost us the Huddersfield playoff game defiantly. Was never the same after that.

But you’d take that over what we have now right?

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

But you’d take that over what we have now right?

Hard to say, I don't think Carlos would get anything out of these current set of players. apart from one or two none have the technical ability to pull off the passing football he tried to play.

• Like 2