“Not where I want to play” - Adam Reach

Just now, slinger208b said:

Where he wants to play isn't necessarily where he is most effective...

You think he will be more effective in a position he isn't comfortable with where he has looked like a fish out of water? 

Just now, oldishowl said:

Tell you something, the only people who will two hoots about it are the conspiracists on here.

Course he’s a wide player, we agree on that.

But that didn’t stop Carlos playing him up front and full back, nor Jos playing him central midfield, nor Bruce playing him in both centre midfield and the number 10 role.

If you don’t care? Why are you getting involved...

I just find the mixed messages odd. Take from it what you will. Just appears player and manager aren’t on the same page. 

But Carlos, or Bruce didn’t come out in the press and state they see him most effective down the middle as a striker. Fair enough doing a job, but Monk has come out and said they both agree that’s where he is best. For Reach to come out a month later and say the complete opposite.

It’s not a good look however you or OwlsTalkForEveryone try to play it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Where he wants to play isn't necessarily where he is most effective...

To be fair he was getting loads of goals and assists up front.

Who put cross in for the goal yesterday btw?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

About ONE conversation 

Are you saying there has been no conversation between them since?

Or are we all just going to hold onto that one conversation forever and discount the others, just like people do when only looking at the second half of last season and not  looking at the first half?

lol

What are you banging on about? It doesn't matter how many other conversations there were. This one contradicts the version that Monk claimed happened. What else do you think Reach means by: “In this formation I think it's my best position. I think I've got a lot of capabilities there.”? The formation hasn't changed, so unless the reality is that Reach has no idea about what his best position is and thought that all of a sudden his best position would be one that he's never played for anything more than the last 20 or 30 minutes of games then it's hard to imagine him ever having said to Monk that he thought his best position would be as a forward playing centrally.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ah that's ok then

One  game - get a draw - SACKED

Let's apply that method to all managers

No nonsense  just sack em

No, lets completely disregard his previous 12 months in charge because something happened in December that he couldn't be expected to handle (who knows what).

Other than being a bit tighter at the back, little has changed, we play in the same negative way and struggle to score. One win in 4 won't keep us up.

I sort of admire you sticking by him, in the face of very little if any evidence that it will work, the definition of blind faith. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

To be fair he was getting loads of goals and assists up front.

Who put cross in for the goal yesterday btw?

Irrelevant.

This topic is an example of how bad rumours or chinese whispers are instigated.

I'm merely trying to highlight that the claim in the OP is inaccurate...

10 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

No.

Eg Reach isn't getting as much game time as he'd like so he asks for time in a different position. Doesn't mean he disagrees.

Also I believe it was a central position, not necessarily forward...

So you think Reach is merely being pragmatic about it? And perhaps if he fails to get a wing-back spot if he'll start talking up his credentials to play centre back?

And a central position isn't a wing position which is what Reach is saying is his best position.

5 minutes ago, cowl said:

What are you banging on about? It doesn't matter how many other conversations there were. 

Oh

I have made that mistake again where I forget that everything has to fit the agenda of piling onto the Sheffield Wednesday manager repeatedly

By pointing out common sense and suggesting nuance I've let the side down

Now...

Pass me a pitchfork and flaming torch and let's get this Monk fella destroyed once and for all

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, cowl said:

So you think Reach is merely being pragmatic about it? And perhaps if he fails to get a wing-back spot if he'll start talking up his credentials to play centre back?

And a central position isn't a wing position which is what Reach is saying is his best position.

Best for him? Best for the team? Best for game time?

Best doesnt necessarily equal most effective...

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, lets completely disregard his previous 12 months in charge because something happened in December that he couldn't be expected to handle (who knows what).

Other than being a bit tighter at the back, little has changed, we play in the same negative way and struggle to score. One win in 4 won't keep us up.

I sort of admire you sticking by him, in the face of very little if any evidence that it will work, the definition of blind faith. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't work out.

I'm not sticking up for Garry Monk

I'm sticking up for nuance, common sense, decency and balanced views

Seems I'm out on my own but I don't care - I'd do the same no matter who the manager/player was and there was a rabid frothing at the mouth gang mentality where anyone not fiercely attacking them with every single post gets mocked/bullied/accused of being  paid by the club

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Not read all of the thread but from what I have read We were short of strikers so Monk asked Reach to play through the middle and Reach agreed. Now we have options upfront he's asked Monk if he can play out wide and Monk said yes. 

So obviously there's a problem between them?

Edited by darra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, darra said:

Not read all of the thread but from what I have read We were short of strikers so Monk asked Reach to play through the middle and Reach agreed. Now we have options upfront he's asked Monk if he can play out wide and Monk said yes. 

Pretty much yes

But it doesn't  fit the mob's agenda

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sticking up for Garry Monk

I'm sticking up for nuance, common sense, decency and balanced views

Seems I'm out on my own but I don't care - I'd do the same no matter who the manager/player was and there was a rabid frothing at the mouth gang mentality where anyone not fiercely attacking them with every single post gets mocked/bullied/accused of being  paid by the club

lol

If yer "out on your own" its not a f.ookin' balanced view is it lol

• Haha 1