“Not where I want to play” - Adam Reach

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

But the thing is he plays there because Harris has been awful but then switch him to the right, when he has a natural right winger in Kachunga on the bench.

I just don't get this manager loyalty to Harris, he has been awful for the last 20+ games.

We could have won yesterday had a striker been on the end of Reach and Bannan balls instead of a midfielder, that the annoying thing with Monk. He is too stubborn to give Rhodes a run of games, and he eventually will lose his job because of it, because the others just done have the strikers instinct. 

We have no other strikers, so why not give Rhodes a fair go of 4 or 5 games, Monk has given Harris 26 games for just 1 assist and no goals.

I've wanted Rhodes to come good since he came here, he never has. I've given up on him and so has Monk by the looks of it. I wonder what Beattie thinks of Rhodes? If he rated Rhodes I think we would play him.

I don't think Rhodes has the game we want from a striker. He's what we used to call a 'poo liner' someone who stays close to the goal and puts the loose balls in the net. Now we want a forward who can high press the defenders. Rhodes doesn't do that.

22 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

On the contrary. I'm fed up with having to explain things for those who don't understand the meanings of words...

So, you're not actually going to point to these posts (or part of the posts) where you talk about contradictions. Is it really that difficult?

More deflecting. More confounding...

6 hours ago, jrh said:

His situation really does baffle me. Left wing back is literally the position that uses all his best attributes: can use his engine and run up and down all game and is a decent crosser. 

Monk thinking he can play up top just really does worry me. He's never been that type of player and playing him there completely nullifies his main strengths. 

Played a whole season there for Preston and was obviously impressive enough for us to pay £4m for him the summer after. Got to get a run of games there now. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I've wanted Rhodes to come good since he came here, he never has. I've given up on him and so has Monk by the looks of it. I wonder what Beattie thinks of Rhodes? If he rated Rhodes I think we would play him.

I don't think Rhodes has the game we want from a striker. He's what we used to call a 'poo liner' someone who stays close to the goal and puts the loose balls in the net. Now we want a forward who can high press the defenders. Rhodes doesn't do that.

Monk has never given Rhodes a chance only picked in 19 of 40 squad last season barely started a game.

He needs to give him a chance others have had 5 or 6 games on the trot not 1 game then drop him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Harris has been one of our better performers over the period you quote 

Weird what people see

1 assist no goals in his last 26 games for an attacking midfielder is extremely poor at any level.

Anyone can run around a lot, he is in the team to create and score goals not run around alot.

Amazing that people allow players to contribute nothing and call them workers. Reach in one game produce the same amount of goals as Harris did in his last 26.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cowl said:

So, you're not actually going to point to these posts (or part of the posts) where you talk about contradictions. Is it really that difficult?

More deflecting. More confounding...

No I'm not. If you can be arsed to read replies to your comments (is it really that difficult), I can't be arsed to go and dig them up for you...

26 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

now i can see why Pep clotet said it was Monks way or no way , just an observation 

The witch finder general used to go from one village to another always finding a witch. Maybe Monk is the same re troublemakers. Where there is peace and harmony he finds strife, where there is trouble, he makes it worse. Managers should get the best from players, isn't that what they are paid for? Obviously not in Monks case. Can't some of his supporters see in simple mathematical terms, his record is bad, His man management is appalling, he commands no respect and won't accept any blame. Can someone tell me what he has got right? And isn't constantly blaming Carlos like blaming the previous Captain for the Titanic hitting an iceberg. Monks had plenty of time to steer us in the right direction and improve our prospects. As yourself honestly, all Monk supporters, do you genuinely think Monk is the right man to pick up and motivate this team? Results are going against us and we have a small character in charge.

• Like 1

I don't think Reach would have said what he did, if he thought he'd be making a fool out of Monk, he doesn't strike me as being that sort of person.  I know, many consider Monk to be a fool anyway, but as many had respect for Bruce. who said it'd take 3 or 4 windows ,at least, to sort this mess, then jumped ship maybe because it was a BIG job, and his reputation would be ruined if he couldn't sort it.  

I don't think Reach will see anymore time, front or center, he'll be in left midfield, providing service for Windass. Paterson, Kachunga, Rhodes...with a 30 yard screamer off his own left foot as an ever present possibility.

Anyway, none of us on Owlstalk will ever know about PRIVATE conversations between the Management and Players, if we hear it, it was supposed to be heard, or at least it was allowed to be repeated, to the Public.  It's no secret that Reach likes wide left, he even drifts that way whenever he's being played otherwise, neither is it a secret that he's not a defensive Player.   

Monk has a  mess to sort out, glad it ain't my job, any takers?  Bruce certainly wasn't.  This mess wasn't made by Monk, this mess took decades of nose-to-the-grindstone dedicated incompetence to create.  Is Monk making a bigger mess?  I leave it at that.

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

No I'm not. If you can be arsed to read replies to your comments (is it really that difficult), I can't be arsed to go and dig them up for you...

I looked through them and I couldn't find them, hence why I called you out on deflecting (which you're continuing to do), annoyed with myself for wasting the time to even bother trawling through them all.

You've lost this basically, and I suppose no-one likes losing an argument and looking a bit stupid in the process, but even so, a more sensible tactic at that point is to just leave the thread. To keep coming back with these pathetic attempts at trying to save face though (if they are attempts, of course, because it's hard to tell they're that meek) is actually starting to make me feel bad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prowl said:

We need a striker who can score a goal every 180 minutes +/-.

Rhodes will probably do so. I’m worried because I think Paterson, Windass and Kachunga are more like a goal every 300.

5 hours ago, cowl said:

I looked through them and I couldn't find them, hence why I called you out on deflecting (which you're continuing to do), annoyed with myself for wasting the time to even bother trawling through them all.

You've lost this basically, and I suppose no-one likes losing an argument and looking a bit stupid in the process, but even so, a more sensible tactic at that point is to just leave the thread. To keep coming back with these pathetic attempts at trying to save face though (if they are attempts, of course, because it's hard to tell they're that meek) is actually starting to make me feel bad.

Okay...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, swissmess said:

The witch finder general used to go from one village to another always finding a witch. Maybe Monk is the same re troublemakers. Where there is peace and harmony he finds strife, where there is trouble, he makes it worse. Managers should get the best from players, isn't that what they are paid for? Obviously not in Monks case. Can't some of his supporters see in simple mathematical terms, his record is bad, His man management is appalling, he commands no respect and won't accept any blame. Can someone tell me what he has got right? And isn't constantly blaming Carlos like blaming the previous Captain for the Titanic hitting an iceberg. Monks had plenty of time to steer us in the right direction and improve our prospects. As yourself honestly, all Monk supporters, do you genuinely think Monk is the right man to pick up and motivate this team? Results are going against us and we have a small character in charge.

Good points but according to Monk he "knows what a winning dressing room looks like"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Good points but according to Monk he "knows what a winning dressing room looks like"

You cut off the end of his quote.

”...It’s about 10m x 8m and has a sign on the door that says Away Team”

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, cowl said:

CALM.....

DOWN.....

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd say the government and the scientists don't really know what is best in terms of how to combat COVID and are having to react to it.

Similar to Monk not having a clue what is best for us, as in this case with Adam Reach.

Monkmanface

Whilst not trying to stick up for monk. 

I don't think Carlos, jos or Bruce new reach's best position. I'm not sure he even knows himself. 

He's probably most suited naturally as a left winger, but very rarely played left wing with our inverted wing play we used, whilst he's been here. 

His finishing in or around the box or winning headers is as bad as bannan. 

Though he does have a great strike from further out. 

Defencivly he's week as tissue paper and dosent read a game well enough to spit danger. Though has a great engine and work rate. 

Out wide he's a very good crosser of the ball, yet very rarely manages to beat his man out wide and get to the line. 

For me we've two options with him if we're not going to play wingers. 

We either persist and try to improve his defensive frailties and play the lad LWB. 

Or we tell his agent to earn his coin and get the lad a move away. He's at that age now where he should have nailed a position down and be playing there regularly. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

9 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I don't think Reach would have said what he did, if he thought he'd be making a fool out of Monk, he doesn't strike me as being that sort of person.  I know, many consider Monk to be a fool anyway, but as many had respect for Bruce. who said it'd take 3 or 4 windows ,at least, to sort this mess, then jumped ship maybe because it was a BIG job, and his reputation would be ruined if he couldn't sort it.  

I don't think Reach will see anymore time, front or center, he'll be in left midfield, providing service for Windass. Paterson, Kachunga, Rhodes...with a 30 yard screamer off his own left foot as an ever present possibility.

Anyway, none of us on Owlstalk will ever know about PRIVATE conversations between the Management and Players, if we hear it, it was supposed to be heard, or at least it was allowed to be repeated, to the Public.  It's no secret that Reach likes wide left, he even drifts that way whenever he's being played otherwise, neither is it a secret that he's not a defensive Player.   

Monk has a  mess to sort out, glad it ain't my job, any takers?  Bruce certainly wasn't.  This mess wasn't made by Monk, this mess took decades of nose-to-the-grindstone dedicated incompetence to create.  Is Monk making a bigger mess?  I leave it at that.

Whilst only picking out the last bit, this mess wasn't created over decades, it's since Dc and the Portuguese mob got involved. Under mandric we made far more smarted transfer dealings than failures and had a strategy and tactic. 

Yes it wasn't great to watch, but was effective on the budget available and we were slowly heading in the right direction. 

• Like 1