“Not where I want to play” - Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good on him. If Monk thinks he can play centrally it’s very concerning.

Think he’s got a bit of a reputation as an I’ll do a job anywhere type player. Good to see he’s made it clear where he feels he’s best suited. 

Contradicts everything Monk said a month ago. Not great considering how convinced he was in regard to Reach being a central player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

You don’t even need to understand football to know with Reach it’s either on the wing or nothing .

Was really happy to see him have a decent game there yesterday

But the thing is he plays there because Harris has been awful but then switch him to the right, when he has a natural right winger in Kachunga on the bench.

I just don't get this manager loyalty to Harris, he has been awful for the last 20+ games.

We could have won yesterday had a striker been on the end of Reach and Bannan balls instead of a midfielder, that the annoying thing with Monk. He is too stubborn to give Rhodes a run of games, and he eventually will lose his job because of it, because the others just done have the strikers instinct. 

We have no other strikers, so why not give Rhodes a fair go of 4 or 5 games, Monk has given Harris 26 games for just 1 assist and no goals.

• Like 7

Guest wilyfox

Is a wide player. Will always be a wide player. We’ve all seen enough of him over the years to know he’s a wide player. Monk’s decision to try him up top was understandable with so few striking options at the time, but to come out and say that’s Reach’s best position was simply wrong.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But the thing is he plays there because Harris has been awful but then switch him to the right, when he has a natural right winger in Kachunga on the bench.

I just don't get this manager loyalty to Harris, he has been awful for the last 20+ games.

We could have won yesterday had a striker been on the end of Reach and Bannan balls instead of a midfielder, that the annoying thing with Monk. He is too stubborn to give Rhodes a run of games, and he eventually will lose his job because of it, because the others just done have the strikers instinct. 

We have no other strikers, so why not give Rhodes a fair go of 4 or 5 games, Monk has given Harris 26 games for just 1 assist and no goals.

So who would you have in the right wing back spot? Odubajo for me, with Reach on the left 

Completely agree re Harris. Was decent yesterday but he has been excused poor form for far too long and isn’t a wing back in a million years 

Iorfa  VA.  Lees

Odubajo.                                Reach

Luongo.  Bannan

Brown

Windass. Patterson 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2