Brighton v Man Utd

As var is in place then the penalty award was right. It was a handball, no question. If it had happened in normal time it would have been looked at and given. I didn't see the game 'live' but I'd be interested to know where the added time came from. Brighton time wasting? Man u time wasting? Injuries? 10 minutes seems like a lot for any game. What was the initial amount and how long was left when Brighton scored? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

As var is in place then the penalty award was right. It was a handball, no question. If it had happened in normal time it would have been looked at and given. I didn't see the game 'live' but I'd be interested to know where the added time came from. Brighton time wasting? Man u time wasting? Injuries? 10 minutes seems like a lot for any game. What was the initial amount and how long was left when Brighton scored? 

Brighton scored in the last of the 5 minutes added on. I think the Man U corner that led to the pen was 2 mins later. There was a big delay before pen was taken meaning it was recorded at 100 mins of play

Initial injury time was for 2 VAR decisions, subs and 2 goals, so about correct

To be fair to Brighton manager he had no complaints over time or pen decision for Man U he was more annoyed at the VAR decision that went against them

• Thanks 1

The decision was spot on. Definitely penalty and, good use of VAR, shows exactly why it’s needed. The officials and, both managers didn’t have a clue the offence had occurred.

The whistle should have blow before the corner was taken. I have no idea why the clock doesn’t stop as the ball goes dead.