CARNAGE

12 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I'M STRUGGLING TO SEE WHY YOU'RE STRUGGLING WITH SUCH AN ABSOLUTE BASIC SIMPLE CONCEPT. 

CARNAGE - YES OR NO

Not sure why the need for capitals, but, yes, I think it will be carnage in Leagues 1 and 2.

The Premier League and Championship will, in all probability, emerge relatively unscathed IMHO.

14 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Not sure why the need for capitals, but, yes, I think it will be carnage in Leagues 1 and 2.

The Premier League and Championship will, in all probability, emerge relatively unscathed IMHO.

I was in the same thinking, though we seem to have a Bolton or Wigan most seasons that do go into administration, so we may get a couple this year which could help out cause if we hit a sticky patch. 

We all tend to forget that Football is simply entertainment. With much of the entertainment section being in lock-down, and not even having the outlet of Television, they are in worse condition than football.And think, much though we may disagree, Football is not the major entertainment of. the masses.. Take us alone. We attract 25K every other week, Were these all to come from Sheffield (and they most certainly do not!) tht would be 25k out of a population of 25Million.

And were Sheffield (God forbid) to loose at least one team, what effect would it have on the population money-wise. As many are finding, lockdown has thrown up many other interests.Despite what we Wednesdayites, brought up on football may think , life does not end with the closure of the Football Club. It didn't end with the closure of the Railways, Shipyards, Steelworrks or pits, and it won't end if there is to be a loss of football clubs, thiugh pray not my beloved Wednesday.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

We all tend to forget that Football is simply entertainment. With much of the entertainment section being in lock-down, and not even having the outlet of Television, they are in worse condition than football.And think, much though we may disagree, Football is not the major entertainment of. the masses.. Take us alone. We attract 25K every other week, Were these all to come from Sheffield (and they most certainly do not!) tht would be 25k out of a population of 25Million.

And were Sheffield (God forbid) to loose at least one team, what effect would it have on the population money-wise. As many are finding, lockdown has thrown up many other interests.Despite what we Wednesdayites, brought up on football may think , life does not end with the closure of the Football Club. It didn't end with the closure of the Railways, Shipyards, Steelworrks or pits, and it won't end if there is to be a loss of football clubs, thiugh pray not my beloved Wednesday.

I tend to agree with everything you say here, Buxtongent.

Like many or all other sports, there is the additional impact on grass roots, too.

I know of many organisers who have just packed up during this current crisis and may well be forever lost to sport. Consequently, unless sport finds innovative ways to keep not only the fans but also the people who give collectively millions of free hours per week, sport in general will be a big loser.

Professional sport has a bit more clout but even so, if people and especially the fans, lose interest, it will take quite a long time to recover in term of attendances.

• Like 1