Penny and Van Aken

Penney did well. He was up against Hoillet and he was first player Cardiff took off.

Yes he made some mistakes but he also made some good interceptions and his constant running and industry helped the team nad caused Cardiff problems.

Van Aken in this and last game at Leicester has looked a different player. Some one in Germany or the current coaching team have improved him considerably. He was always out of position but he did well for the majority of the game. I put first quarter of an hour down to nerves but he settled in and played well.

This is high industry stuff we are playing and will need a large squad when it gets to two league games per week as the demands of some roles in team will mean recovery is not easy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I’d rather persevere with penny for the next few weeks . Reach is consistently dreadful week in week out, we need better 

Agree, Penney deserves his chance and a run of games.  Reach has been poor for a while, but if he’s going to serve a purpose anywhere I think it will be as competition for Penney at LWB.

13 hours ago, Manwë said:

That's two good games at Cardiff Van Aken has played.  They must think he's a superstar.  

Sell for £15m

We need to make this happen!!!

All joking aside I've yet to be convinced by JVA, he's got a long way to go beforeI forgive him for certain performances best forgotten. See how he's played 10 games from now. That said, I'd rather he was given a run than Borner who I have never rated. It seems some fans think he's Beckenbauer just because they've got a stupid song about him.

As for Penney, I've rated him from day one. His loan spell seems to have really brought him on. We now need to be doing all we can to tie him down long term. Think he's going to be some player. 

Great result yesterday. Lets see what happens against Watford, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Steelman said:

We need to make this happen!!!

All joking aside I've yet to be convinced by JVA, he's got a long way to go beforeI forgive him for certain performances best forgotten. See how he's played 10 games from now. That said, I'd rather he was given a run than Borner who I have never rated. It seems some fans think he's Beckenbauer just because they've got a stupid song about him.

As for Penney, I've rated him from day one. His loan spell seems to have really brought him on. We now need to be doing all we can to tie him down long term. Think he's going to be some player. 

Great result yesterday. Lets see what happens against Watford, looking forward to it.

^^ I agree with all of this. Glad we didn’t stupidly sell Penney or let his contract run down. I don’t know a Wednesday fan who doesn’t think he has great potential.

Guest BelgiqueOwl

Not a peep about Reach when he came on? Thought his intelligence, with the positions he took up were first class. Will be a big plus, especially away from home if he carries on like this.

On 13/09/2020 at 08:23, Holmowl said:

TBF I thought he looked clumsy, as he did in his first spell of games for us.

You’ll recall those scary mis-timed and ill-judged tackles he made in that spell, giving away very dangerous free-kicks. Let’s hope he has worked on that side of his game this past year, and that Monk’s team are on it.

To be fair to Van Aken, although he was confirming my bias against him in the first 30 mins, i have to give him credit for turning it around.

I hope im proved wrong about him longer term.

• Like 1